Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals

Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
$30.45

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
$28.01

Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)
$32.84

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth (3DS)
$29.99

The Alliance Alive Launch Edition (3DS)
$25.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
$24.89

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS)
$32.84

Warioware Gold (3DS)
$28.65

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (3DS)
$32.54

Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS)
$29.99

Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk (3DS)
$18.90

Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido (3DS)
$10.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS

Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #41
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

I actually predicted March 27 on another site, I suppose I was being hopeful posting the 20th.

It's nice having a definite price and release date finally. The price is more than fine, I was just hoping it wasn't more than that. I kind of like that a lot of people are pissed about the price, that just means more systems in stores at launch. I honestly couldn't wait any longer for a price reduction a year or two from now. It'll still sell out though.

No specific launch titles though, guess I'll just have to wait to pre-order a game.

I think the best news was that the 3DS will implement a universal friend code system, meaning one code per system and not individual games. That's awesome. That's how it should have always been.

Now I just need to decide what color I want.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #42
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzsoad View Post
I actually predicted March 27 on another site, I suppose I was being hopeful posting the 20th.

It's nice having a definite price and release date finally. The price is more than fine, I was just hoping it wasn't more than that. I kind of like that a lot of people are pissed about the price, that just means more systems in stores at launch. I honestly couldn't wait any longer for a price reduction a year or two from now. It'll still sell out though.

No specific launch titles though, guess I'll just have to wait to pre-order a game.

I think the best news was that the 3DS will implement a universal friend code system, meaning one code per system and not individual games. That's awesome. That's how it should have always been.

Now I just need to decide what color I want.
Yeah the price is a good thing. Although Nintendo didn't set the price here they just left it to the retailers So we got some places selling it at £194 and then places like Game and Hmv selling it at £229.

Like I said in my other post I'm going for a pre order at Game. Its a higher price but I can trade in my DSi XL for £100 credit cant complain with that.

And a March launch means no parents picking it up for their kids like they would at christmas for example. And with only 2.5million for the US AND European launch thats a good thing.

Was quite surprised they didnt roll of a list of launch games. I feel certain that Pro evo will be one of them. As well as Street Fighter IV and Nintendogs + Cats. Ridge racer that bloody submarine game. I just want a hard list of definate releases. Maye when I pre order it tomorrow morning Game will have a list of titles to pre order with it like they did when I pre orderd my PS3. If they do I'll be sure to post them here
Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #43
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

So these are the games expected between the 'Launch window' of March 25th and early June. What ones would you pick for a day one purchase?

* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Edition
* The Sims 3
* Madden NFL Football
* PES 2011 3D – Pro Evolution Soccer
* LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars
* Ridge Racer 3D
* Super Monkey Ball 3D
* Thor: God of Thunder
* Puzzle Bobble Universe
* Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
* Dead or Alive: Dimensions
* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
* Rayman 3D
* Asphalt 3D
* Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
* James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
* Driver: Renegade
* Rabbids 3D
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #44

Jan 2011

How powerful is the 3ds is it on par with a ps2,wii,or none.What zelda isnt going to be a launch title?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
How powerful is the 3ds is it on par with a ps2,wii,or none.What zelda isnt going to be a launch title?
Graphics kind of look similar to to PS2 games so far from the videos I've watched. Hard to compare a hand held to a console though as you don't need the same resolution.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #46
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
There are links to some gameplay videos at the bottom of the 1st post. That would be your best bet because a lot of peoples oppinions differ. Personally i think its clearly better than psp and honestly the ps2. I would place it inbetween PS2 and Wii graphics wise.

And nope. Not a launch title and not all of those games are going to be out on day one :/ they're just whats going to be out in the first 2 months.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #47

Jan 2011

wow reserved it at amazon early in the morning,and none of those games intrest me,oh well at least it will play ds games and ill have dragon quest 6 to keep me busy.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #48
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
wow reserved it at amazon early in the morning,and none of those games intrest me,oh well at least it will play ds games and ill have dragon quest 6 to keep me busy.
Feel the same way here All them are pretty meh. Things like street fighter and pes ive got on PS3 so im not desperate to get them on a handheld.

But I most likely will be getting a bundle deal from GAME so one or two games will be included anyway. I'd settle for PES and Ridge Racer on launch just because a lot of people have said racing games gain a lot from being in 3D and PES just for the fun of it.

And I'll still be enjoying Pokemon Black too so its no big deal. I'm sure those games will hold me over until after E3 when I'm sure we will get a lot of details on the major Nintendo titles. Zelda, Paper Mario, Mario Kart etc.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #49

Jan 2011

Hell yah forgot about pokemon black,ill be getting that also.Cant wait for some atlus rpgs for 3ds or any rpg really.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #50
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Hell yah forgot about pokemon black,ill be getting that also.Cant wait for some atlus rpgs for 3ds or any rpg really.
I would kill for a nice 3DS rpg at launch

After seeing what the 3DS is capable of graphics wise, I can see why they released Black and White on DS. I cant imagine what the 3DS generation is gunna look like. People have wanted a console pokemon rpg for years but now the 3DS is pretty much a home console in your hands we should see a major over haul in the game engine. Propper 3D environments like Final Fantasy, but with Pokemon.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #51
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

Out of all the games listed above, the only one I'd definitely pick up on the first day is Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. I've somehow avoided it on the XBox360 so it'll be fresh to me. I might consider Resident Evil and Lego Star Wars. I'm more interested in the first party titles at the moment though(Zelda, Paper Mario, Pilot Wings, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, ect.).

Went to Gamestop to reserve it today but they didn't have it listed in their system for whatever reason. I'll be back tomorrow though. I've decided on Aqua Blue by the way.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #52
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzsoad View Post
Out of all the games listed above, the only one I'd definitely pick up on the first day is Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. I've somehow avoided it on the XBox360 so it'll be fresh to me. I might consider Resident Evil and Lego Star Wars. I'm more interested in the first party titles at the moment though(Zelda, Paper Mario, Pilot Wings, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, ect.).

Went to Gamestop to reserve it today but they didn't have it listed in their system for whatever reason. I'll be back tomorrow though. I've decided on Aqua Blue by the way.
I'm hoping GAME have their bundles listed by tomorrow. They havent got any listed online yet but they should have them instore tomorrow. I don't like the fact they are charging £39.99 for the games. I will get a game or two with a bundle but after that it's back to the good old online e-tailers, £27.99 there.

I like the Blue, but I dont like the two tone on the inside. So ive decided to with black. How boring of me
Old 01-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #53
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

I like the two tone. Although, I think there's even a third (lighter) color tone on the bottom of the device. Normally I'd go with the black, but I thought I'd try something different.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:18 AM   #54
Special Member

Jan 2011
PA

I'm still contemplating on getting the 3DS I may tho still not sure..
2 things for ya - sorry if these have been asked or posted already..

1. Have you seen the video here for the Launch games coming out.. It's short snippets but pretty cool.. Here's the link
Top is USA version bottom is Europe version

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...eriod-trailers

2. I HIGHLY doubt it but is there any exclusives when you preorder the 3DS anywhere ? Like games, accessories, etc ???

Thanks,
Dx
Old 01-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #55

Jan 2011

aw cool 3ds has a virtual console store for gameboy and gameboy color games,i get to buy metroid 2,and dragon quest 1-3 yay.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #56
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxtra30 View Post
I'm still contemplating on getting the 3DS I may tho still not sure..
2 things for ya - sorry if these have been asked or posted already..

1. Have you seen the video here for the Launch games coming out.. It's short snippets but pretty cool.. Here's the link
Top is USA version bottom is Europe version

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...eriod-trailers

2. I HIGHLY doubt it but is there any exclusives when you preorder the 3DS anywhere ? Like games, accessories, etc ???

Thanks,
Dx
Yeah I watched the live webcast of the European event. Can't belive it lasted 2 hours just for them to tell us its out on March 25th and they didn't even give us the price lol. They know they are charging way too much thats why they are 'letting the retailer decide the price' and taking no responsibility for it being so high here. Although I feel bad for Australia. They get even higher prices! Thanks for the link, added it to the front page

I've looked through all the UK retailers and I couldnt find any exclusives. The only thing there will be is bundles with 1 or two games. And I've looked at a lot of news sites for the US and haven't seen any news of exclusives. But I think the closer to the day then we will start seeing more and better deals as they try to compete with rivals.

Quote:
aw cool 3ds has a virtual console store for gameboy and gameboy color games,i get to buy metroid 2,and dragon quest 1-3 yay.
Yeah the virtual console on 3DS looks to be good. Although it don't look like its going to be ready for launch which is a shame :/
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #57
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Another thing from the Euro event, is that Sky and Eurosport will be releasing 3D programing for the 3DS aswell as Ardman Animation releasing 3D series of Shaun the Sheep at the end of the year. I don't know if America has anything similar?

It would heve been nice to hear about some 3D movie content like they discussed at E3 last year. Guess we will have to wait until June to hear anything on that.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #58
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Just got back from pre ordering in GAME here in the UK. They had a list instore of what they will have day one.

Nintendogs+cats: Poodle, Golden retriver, Bulldog

Street Fighter 4 3D

PES 2011

Ridge Racer 3D

Asphalt 3D

Lego Star Wars 3

Samurai Warriors Chronicle

Dead or Alive Dimensions

I asked for a leaflet with the games on but they only had the 1 black and white copy they had at the till, and he said I couldnt take a picture

Anyone in the states seen anything in their local games store?

EDIT:

Also trade in a DSi XL with any Mario game and get the 3DS half price. Offer is only valid until the 9th of March.

Last edited by Mavrick; 01-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #59
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

lso confirmed for day 1 from ubisoft:

Rayman 3D,

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars,

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #60
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

I reserved my Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS yesterday, paid in full. Now all I have to do is obssess over it for the next two months.

I did it at Gamestop, I didn't see anything about launch games. Not surprising though, the day before yesterday the employees had no idea they even announced the price and date, I broke the news to them.

If I can at least get Super Street Fighter IV 3D, I'll be happy. Heck, I'll just be happy to get the 3DS, not like there aren't any pre-installed little games.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS

Tags
3ds, nintendo