Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals

Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
$30.45

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
$28.00

Fire Emblem Warriors (3DS)
$13.75

Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)
$32.84

Radiant Historia (3DS)
$29.99

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth (3DS)
$29.99

The Alliance Alive Launch Edition (3DS)
$25.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
$24.89

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS)
$32.84

Warioware Gold (3DS)
$28.65

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (3DS)
$32.54

Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS

Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #41
Power Member

Mar 2010
Richmond, VA

Somehow I was able to get in a pre-order for the Zelda one from Best Buy when the site and the android app said it was sold out, but I was still able to add it to my cart via the android and check out. The part that sucks is there is no store pickup and I couldn't do any other shipping besides standard even though I have Elite Plus with free expedited shipping. So I won't get it until the 19th according the site. Oh well, rather get my first choice later than my second choice the day it comes out. Hoping it doesn't get canceled.

I am also glad I have a 32gb micro sd in a sd adapter in my 3DS XL right now. No need to buy a new card!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:49 AM   #42
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

This is all I see on the site.

Black
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=2306021

Red
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=2307075
Old 01-15-2015, 02:51 AM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2010
Richmond, VA

They must have taken the listing for it off the site.

Still shows up in my orders, but I can no longer click on the item itself to take me to the listing.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #44
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

Think i'm going for the black one. I dont really like the look of the special edition (i think its just me)
Old 01-15-2015, 05:52 PM   #45
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Pre-ordered the MH4U version. Hate that it's exclusive to GameStop, but oh well.

Total came out to $260, not sure if it's cool enough for that price!

..it totally is.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #46
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewc View Post
I never did buy a 3DS, still have my old DS. I guess I'm correct in thinking that this thing doesn't play Gameboy carts, was considering trading in the DS since I got an email that Gamestop is offering $75 for it toward this New3DS?
Its $75 for trading in a 3DS, and $100 for trading in a 3DSXL.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #47
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I can understand that and it makes sense but you're removing packaging from the system box and replacing it with a whole new box for just a charger. Most places won't accept a trade in without a charger so most people upgrading (and trading in) will have to buy a charger with it's own box. I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that their reasoning is pretty misplaced.
I agree, I was in the same boat when they announced the old 3DS XL. I think the real reason was simply cost cutting on their side. They get to charge the same amount for the console whilst having to spend less producing chargers to go with them.

9/10 chargers you see for sale in the UK are all 3rd party or "Nintendo Approved" 3rd party products. I don't think I've seen an official 3DS charger.

On another note, does anyone know if the Zelda: MM limited edition is getting a UK release? I see GAME are selling the Monster Hunter one but can't find the MM one.

There's already some good retailer bundles popping up. Zavvi have the XL and either MM or MH + the new docking cradle for Ł209.99. Actually just checked and they are no longer selling those bundles Just the console with cradle for Ł184.99

Old 01-15-2015, 10:17 PM   #48

Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA

Does the online store for 3DS have most all the Gameboy games?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:45 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Does the online store for 3DS have most all the Gameboy games?
here's a list of the games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rth_America%29
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #50
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Apparently in the US we are only getting the New 3DS XL. There will be no regular size.

http://mynintendonews.com/
Very disappointed that they are not releasing the regular size in the US. I was prepared to purchase day one. Now I'm just not feeling it...guess I'll stick with my regular 3DS.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #51

Apr 2010

I feel like such a goof. I bought a 2DS on an impulse on Saturday, and a few days later they announce the new 3DS. If I had known that was coming, I would have just waited a little longer.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

One more thumb to the eye I forgot to mention. The system now uses micro SD cards. It comes with a 4 gig card but to upgrade you need a very small precision screwdriver to remove the cover. Not many people will have that size screwdriver laying around.

The scalpers really bother me though. Websites and stores should limit people to 2 systems at most.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm5777 View Post
Very disappointed that they are not releasing the regular size in the US. I was prepared to purchase day one. Now I'm just not feeling it...guess I'll stick with my regular 3DS.

While I prefer the XL size and will be getting one, there's been a lot of questionable decisions on Nintendo's part regarding how they are handling this.

Not releasing the standard size in the US is one issue. Another is only giving the standard size version the interchangable faceplates, and not doing the same for the XL version. I didn't fully realize that this feature was exclusive to the small version until earlier this week. I'm a little disapointed because while I tend to prefer to get Nintendo's handhelds in a standard neutral color (usually black), it would have been nice to have the option to change it up when/if desired and have the option to change it back.

It was long gone by the time I got there anyway, but I went to Gamestop the other day to inquire about reserving the Majora's Mask version (figuring that they would be interchangable faceplates, and I could get regular ones later), but upon finding out they weren't and reserving it was no longer an option anyway, I just went for the black one.

Then there's the issue with not including a charger. It's not too big of a deal for me personally since I have the existing 3DS XL and I'm not planning on trading it in, but it's still a bad move. I can see where that would turn off would-be purchasers who don't have a previously version... especially parents whose kids might ask for one for a b-day or Christmas or whatever. I could easily see parents choose the option of a the standard (not "New") version of the 3DS (regular or XL) over the "New" version while supplies last for that reason alone.

Not to mention the ridiculous half-assed confusing branding being implemented here by calling it the "New" Nintendo 3DS in the first place. This is going to confuse people as much, if not more so, than the Wii U did in relation to the Wii. People not knowing/realizing the difference between the two will likely opt for the regular version while the option remains because of the charger issue and so forth.

I'm a big Nintendo fan and will often come to their defense when I think they are being criticized unfairly. But at the same time I will give criticism where it is due, and it is definately due in this case. Between these issues here and the shortages on items like the Amiibos and the Gamecube controller adapter, Nintendo's been dropping the ball quite a bit lately. They really need to get these things straightened out.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah the lack of faceplates is a real bummer but I've also read numerous reports that the screen on the smaller version is actually better than the screen on the larger version. They kept the exact same panel from the XL to the New XL but upgraded the screen in the smaller version.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #55
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
i know they arent 64gb. but, they (32gb) are onsale today only.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-sandisk-133869
Thanks.
I actually got two 128gb SDXC micro cards for $29.99 each!

Also, I hate the Majora's Mask XL Design...
I went with Red.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #56
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

OK...
some facts that I posted last year are not being seen or read...

1 - Nintendo phased out and is NO LONGER replenishing the 3DS OR the 3DS XL. ONLY NEW 3DS XL will be on Store Shelves!

2 - We were told last year that only the smaller of the NEW 3DS's would be getting the ability to change out FacePlates.

3 - You can get a 3DS Power Adapter for less than $1.oo on Wal*Mart.com
http://www.walmart.com/ip/INSTEN-Tra...-Gray/28881419

That said, I dislike the name NEW 3DS XL!

I also hope that they will release the CHarging Cradle here and NOT just as a Club Ninty Reward!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #57

Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA

SO what country is best to import the smaller version "new" 3ds from, with compatible US voltage/ charger
Old 01-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
SO what country is best to import the smaller version "new" 3ds from, with compatible US voltage/ charger
The power converter/regulator is on/the charger itself, not in the unit. So it doesn't matter where you get the unit from, you just need a charger that's compatible with 110v output for NA.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #59
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Isn't the 3DS still region locked though ? So if you import you'd have to buy all your games from that region to.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #60
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Isn't the 3DS still region locked though ? So if you import you'd have to buy all your games from that region to.
If i remember correctly that it's still region locked.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS