Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals

Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)
$13.35

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
$30.45

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
$28.21

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth (3DS)
$29.99

The Alliance Alive Launch Edition (3DS)
$25.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
$24.89

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS)
$32.84

Warioware Gold (3DS)
$28.65

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (3DS)
$32.54

Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS)
$29.99

Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk (3DS)
$18.74

Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido (3DS)
$24.45

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS

Old 02-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
I only just got a NEW 3DS and have this pre-ordered. Does anyone know if the Zelda and Link Amiibo's do anything in this game? I might get them if they do anything.
They do not.
They will work with Smash and many other new games.
There is a rumour that there will be a Mario Kart 7 aMiibo Update and DLC coming this year...
Thanks given by:
tigermoth (02-12-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 02:54 AM   #22
Special Member

Feb 2014
Michigan

anybody else pick this up today and noticing a lot of ghosting/crosstalk?
Old 07-04-2015, 04:05 AM   #23
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Downloading this, hope it's good.

Thought about Seasons but after seeing those GBA pics, pass. They were fun when released though.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #24
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Downloading this, hope it's good.

Thought about Seasons but after seeing those GBA pics, pass. They were fun when released though.
I beat the first dungeon/temple...maybe even the second one and gave up.
I don't really enjoy this game!
I hate the Time Limit!
Yes, I know about slowing Time down song, but it still sucks!
Everything gets undone as soon as you go back to the first day.
All of the obstacles reappear and most of your equipment goes away too!
It's just a really tedious game!

You'd have been better off with Ages and Seasons!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:10 AM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
I beat the first dungeon/temple...maybe even the second one and gave up.
I don't really enjoy this game!
I hate the Time Limit!
Yes, I know about slowing Time down song, but it still sucks!
Everything gets undone as soon as you go back to the first day.
All of the obstacles reappear and most of your equipment goes away too!
It's just a really tedious game!

You'd have been better off with Ages and Seasons!
Read about the time limit after I purchased it. Was thinking how could I go wrong with a Zelda game.

I'll still try it but I am in kinda a shock state right now because anything that seems good & or working, Nintendo just wants to see how far they can push their consumer base off a cliff by spitting on those fundamentals & while maintaining sales numbers solely based off of the Game's "Title"
Old 07-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #26
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Wow!

I can't believe these comments about this classic

The whole idea of the game revolves around the reset and that's what made the game one of the most unique you would ever experience.

I guess gamers have changed since the N64 days

You're are supposed to use the song of time to return to day one in order to save your major accomplishments.

You have 3 in game days before the moon crashes in to clock town and destroys the world. That equates to 54mins in the real world. If you are not using Song of Time to go back to day 1 and letting the time run down then you're doing it wrong and no wonder every things resetting lol

Key to the game is returning to the first day which saves the player's progress and major accomplishments permanently, such as the acquisition of maps, masks, songs, and weapons.

Cleared puzzles, keys, and minor items will be lost, as well as any rupees not in the bank, and almost all characters will have no recollection of meeting Link.

Link can slow down time or warp to the next morning or evening by playing two variations of the Song of Time. Owl statues scattered across certain major areas of the world allow the player to temporarily save their progress once they have been activated, and also provide warp points to quickly move around the world.

During the three-day cycle, many non-player characters follow fixed schedules that Link can track using the Bomber's Notebook. The notebook tracks the twenty characters in need of help, such as a soldier to whom Link delivers medicine, and an engaged couple whom Link reunites. Blue bars on the notebook's timeline indicate when characters are available for interaction, and icons indicate that Link has received items, such as masks, from the characters.

Once you understand the game play mechanics you'll love the game. It's one of the darkest Zelda's you'll ever play.
Thanks given by:
Derb (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #27
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

I understand the gameplay mechanics.
I've used the song of time to reset and the Goron Area is re-frozen over every single time!
The only really helpful thing that trancends time is the Golden Sword that I got!
Old 07-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #28
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
I understand the gameplay mechanics.
I've used the song of time to reset and the Goron Area is re-frozen over every single time!
The only really helpful thing that trancends time is the Golden Sword that I got!
So your stuck? That doesn't make a game bad

There are lot's of guides you could follow if you are stuck. I've no idea if this is the part you are stuck on but it sounds similar.

Quote:
Goron Village reset to winter after beating Goht?
I beat Goht, everything went back to Spring in the mountains...I beat the Goron race and got the gold dust, but couldn't get the gilded sword because I was on the 3rd day (already had the razor sword). After I saved w/ the Song of Time and go back, its winter again and no one is at the race track after I blew up the rock again. What do I do to get to the race again??
Quote:
You have to make it spring again but don't worry, when you beat a dungeon, the panel in the first room will activate and teleport you directly to the boss so you don't have to beat the whole dungeon all over again.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #29
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
So your stuck? That doesn't make a game bad

There are lot's of guides you could follow if you are stuck. I've no idea if this is the part you are stuck on but it sounds similar.
I already have the Gold Sword...
Old 07-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #30
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
I already have the Gold Sword...
So your trouble is the goron village is always winter?
Old 07-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
So your trouble is the goron village is always winter?
yup
That and I can't enter the Beach...
Old 07-04-2015, 01:31 PM   #32
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
yup
That and I can't enter the Beach...
OK, so I assume you got the Boss Remains for beating the beoss (Goth?) in Snowhead Temple?

Then all you have to do to get the village back to spring after reset is beat the boss again, you don't have to redo the whole temple, as long as you have the boss's remains, you can warp straight to the boss room instead of doing the whole temple again.

Shouldn't take long and the village will be spring again.

Try the guide for the beach http://www.zeldadungeon.net/majoras-...and-zora-cape/
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #33

Apr 2014

You'll have to acquire Epona first to get to the beach.

*If you don't know the song that slows time down, look up the pass code to the Bomber's hideout in your handbook, go back to the observatory, talk to the scarecrow and he'll teach you that and a song to move to any point in time. These are extremely helpful for just about anything you're doing.

To get Epona...

*Go to the bomb shop in Clocktown, put on your Goron mask and buy a keg bomb from him, take it to Milk Road, the first exit on your right from the beach entrance, blow up the boulder blocking your path to Romani ranch. Talk to the girl at the barn, she'll teach you Epona's song.

Now you can jump the gate that's blocking the beach.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 PM   #34
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC

Quote:
OK, so I assume you got the Boss Remains for beating the beoss (Goth?) in Snowhead Temple?

Then all you have to do to get the village back to spring after reset is beat the boss again, you don't have to redo the whole temple, as long as you have the boss's remains, you can warp straight to the boss room instead of doing the whole temple again.

Shouldn't take long and the village will be spring again.

Try the guide for the beach http://www.zeldadungeon.net/majoras-...and-zora-cape/
Do I have to keep beating the boss every time I want the weather to change?
Old 07-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #35
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Do I have to keep beating the boss every time I want the weather to change?
I believe so, although it shouldn't take that long in game hours, less than 2 in game hours I should think which is about 2mins real world time.

Quote:
1 Termina hour = 45 seconds
4 Termina hours = 3 minutes
12 Termina hours = 9 minutes
1 Termina day = 18 minutes
2 Termina days = 36 minutes
3 Termina days = 54 minutes

Inverted Song of Time - Triple the amount of real time
V A > V A >

1 slow Termina hour = 2 minutes 15 seconds
4 slow Termina hours = 9 minutes
12 slow Termina hours = 27 minutes
1 slow Termina day = 54 minutes
2 slow Termina days = 1 hour 48 minutes
3 slow Termina days = 2 hours 42 minutes
Old 12-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #36
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La
Cool

i bought this game for the N64 when it 1st came out i think it was even the day it came out so i could be wrong on that. either way it's the gold cartridge and for those who haven't seen it, it looks pretty cool to be honest. but this has never been a favorite of mine to be honest. yes i bought it on 3DS but i haven't played it in awhile.

i don't think the game itself is shit it's an okay game but it's i think over-rated. my favorite one is the 1st game in the series that's for me the best one. a Link To The Past & it's sequel a Link Between Worlds i think are the top 3 best games in the series. and this comes from a guy who's been playing the series since (1989) i think. i don't hate the other games that i didn't mention

they just aren't all great games. Minish Cap was a good one though. Windwaker was ok. oh and i do love Twilight Princess and that is one of the best ones and before Link Between Worlds came out in my book is was the last really great game they had put out.

i don't care for the cartoon style but i don't really hate it either. the new game though is an ok game with a new idea and i'm okay with that since it was different than the normal Zelda game but

it's not that great of a game. it's one of the weaker ones. i don't have a wii U yet so i doubt i'll be getting the next one next year.

in fact i'm on Yuga Gannon on Link Between Worlds right now, i just haven't been able to beat him yet. any tips? that's by the way the furthest i've been able to get in any zelda game in YEARS!

the only ones i've been able to beat are the original the 3rd one and that's it.
on Zelda 2 i can get to the Dragon but i haven't been able to kill him cause on the Advance Version the place they let you get close to him to kill him is

apparently closer to him than on the NES version for some strange reason.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Did anyone else dislike the changes made from the N64 version?

I got up to the boss of the Great Bay temple, and I had to stop playing. I remember the hype for this game when it came out, I have the gold holo cart, played it to death on the old system, and I honestly can never remember running out of time back in the day.

But the 3DS changes to the zora swimming threw me off, the new Gyorg weakness where you had to use the boomerang fins kept missing the target, and I ran out of time when I stopped and tried to turn in my stray fairies (since they changed how much the reverse song slows down the meter). Then they add just about every character in the whole game to the notebook... Do they have to hold your hand for everything now?

I remember when you had to spend all day figuring out what "dodongo dislikes smoke" and "grumble grumble" meant.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS