Best Xbox SX Games Deals


Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wild Hearts (Xbox XS)
$39.99
 
Dead Island 2 (Xbox XS)
$68.52
1 day ago
Dead Space (Xbox XS)
$49.99
 
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R (Xbox XS)
$23.16
4 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (Xbox XS)
$29.99
 
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (Xbox XS)
$55.58
1 day ago
Resident Evil 4 (Xbox XS)
$57.74
 
Biomutant (Xbox XS)
$23.99
 
LEGO 2K Drive (Xbox XS)
$69.00
 
Minecraft Legends Deluxe Edition (Xbox XS)
$49.94
 
DC's Justice League: Cosmic Chaos (Xbox XS)
$34.99
 
Battlefield 2042 (Xbox XS)
$8.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2023, 02:53 PM   #3281
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
My used XSX controller that I bought last year has stick-drift on the right joystick. I have 2 extra controllers, but I still plan on getting another one.
Thatís what happens when you play From Software games only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:43 PM   #3282
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Thatís what happens when you play From Software games only.
It's Xbox. WTF else is he going to play?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 05:24 AM   #3283
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream
69
1039
393
8
100
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Thatís what happens when you play From Software games only.
Git gud!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:17 AM   #3284
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Git gud!


Tell that to your controller.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 07:44 PM   #3285
EinCB128 EinCB128 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2016
67
204
7
Default

Does everyone here turn on or off Dolby Vision for gaming? Wondering what the consensus here is.

Hitman and A Plague Tale: Requiem looked gorgeous with DV on.

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 09:14 PM   #3286
Constitution 101 Constitution 101 is offline
Special Member
 
Constitution 101's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
65
257
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
Does everyone here turn on or off Dolby Vision for gaming? Wondering what the consensus here is.

Hitman and A Plague Tale: Requiem looked gorgeous with DV on.

Thank you.
On.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
EinCB128 (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 07:09 PM   #3287
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
Does everyone here turn on or off Dolby Vision for gaming? Wondering what the consensus here is.

Hitman and A Plague Tale: Requiem looked gorgeous with DV on.

Thank you.
Off.

Putting HDR10 data into a Dolby Vision container can make the Colors have less ďpopĒ Also you are limited to 4:2:2 instead of full fat 4:4:4 RGB so you are not taking full advantage of the 40GB bandwidth the Xbox SX has to offer.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
EinCB128 (02-19-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 01:17 AM   #3288
EinCB128 EinCB128 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2016
67
204
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Off.

Putting HDR10 data into a Dolby Vision container can make the Colors have less ‚Äúpop‚ÄĚ Also you are limited to 4:2:2 instead of full fat 4:4:4 RGB so you are not taking full advantage of the 40GB bandwidth the Xbox SX has to offer.
So leave the option "4:2:2" unchecked on my Series X? Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 12:26 AM   #3289
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
So leave the option "4:2:2" unchecked on my Series X? Thank you.
You should be able to leave it on. Depending on your TV/Display.

I leave it on.. on my LG which is an HDMI 2.1 TV without issue. Xbox SX gives me 10-bit Color / 4 Lanes RGB @ 120hz UHD Resolution.

I wish my PS5 could do that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:59 AM   #3290
eternalbiz eternalbiz is offline
Special Member
 
eternalbiz's Avatar
 
Jul 2016
1537 Paper St.
25
209
213
48
Default

I noticed recently when streaming 4k content on my SX that the color becomes dull and faded.

I attempted to watch a 4k disc last night for the first time on the console and the picture quality was faded a dull. I took out the disc and replaced it with the regular blu and the picture quality looked normal.

I'm not a tech savvy person so I'm just very confused why 4k streaming and 4k discs make the picture look worse.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #3291
CtrlCtrlFast CtrlCtrlFast is offline
Special Member
 
CtrlCtrlFast's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Michigan
66
231
790
303
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalbiz View Post
I noticed recently when streaming 4k content on my SX that the color becomes dull and faded.

I attempted to watch a 4k disc last night for the first time on the console and the picture quality was faded a dull. I took out the disc and replaced it with the regular blu and the picture quality looked normal.

I'm not a tech savvy person so I'm just very confused why 4k streaming and 4k discs make the picture look worse.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
It could be the HDR. You might need to calibrate your tv for HDR settings
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
eternalbiz (03-23-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 04:55 AM   #3292
Tobiyashi Tobiyashi is online now
Member
 
Jul 2022
14
Default

So, I haven't watched 4K or Blu-Ray movies on my XBOX Series X. Today, I put a Blu-Ray (not 4K) into it to check it out while I did some cleaning and it wouldn't play. I tried 2 other Blu-Ray discs...they didn't play.

I was a bit worried and then put in Thor on 4K and it played just fine.

Anyone else have any trouble playing specifically Blu-Ray discs??? Seems like a weird problem to have.

Note: the discs play just fine on my dedicated player in the other room and on my PS4 too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:25 PM   #3293
EinCB128 EinCB128 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2016
67
204
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiyashi View Post
So, I haven't watched 4K or Blu-Ray movies on my XBOX Series X. Today, I put a Blu-Ray (not 4K) into it to check it out while I did some cleaning and it wouldn't play. I tried 2 other Blu-Ray discs...they didn't play.

I was a bit worried and then put in Thor on 4K and it played just fine.

Anyone else have any trouble playing specifically Blu-Ray discs??? Seems like a weird problem to have.

Note: the discs play just fine on my dedicated player in the other room and on my PS4 too.
The Blu-ray app itself is awful, but I never once had a problem watching a Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray.

I watched Casablanca 4K yesterday and it played with no problems.

No troubles on the Xbox One X, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:44 PM   #3294
XavierTheaterPotato XavierTheaterPotato is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
XavierTheaterPotato's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA
258
421
33
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
The Blu-ray app itself is awful, but I never once had a problem watching a Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray.

I watched Casablanca 4K yesterday and it played with no problems.

No troubles on the Xbox One X, too.
Yeah I mainly had ran into issues with the Xbox One X playing some movies I had. The Shining on 4K it couldn't play but my Series X could.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:29 PM   #3295
BrystonUser BrystonUser is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2009
Default

Any rumors, whispers, etc. of a mid-life hardware refresh for XSX with more power like we saw in previous generation or even simply a hardware refresh with respect to cosmetics like we saw with the 360 generation? I don't think the multiple SKU's of the 360 actually added more power, just drastically changed the look of the console over the years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:43 AM   #3296
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
62
813
1
5
1
Default

Microsoft's Q3, 2023 earnings are out:

Xbox hardware revenue down 30%
Gaming revenue down 4%, Xbox content + services up 3%

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/25/2...gaming-surface
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:51 PM   #3297
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
61
489
7
Default

Hi-Fi Rush didn't set the landscape on fire (despite being a good game) and besides that there's Redfall. Then further out is Starfield which I don't see as a system seller. Xbox is the AEW in the console space. Taking care of their base but not doing anything to attract new folks or give them a reason to pick up an Xbox.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 04:28 PM   #3298
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Hmm

I hope Starfield is good. I know Forza will be but am tired of racing games.
I want the Hellblade sequel. Redfall, never had interest, nor did the devs.

Shame this far into the gen & Xbox clearly has the more powerful system yet software is meh. Oh well, you canít buy talent I suppose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:16 PM   #3299
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
61
489
7
Default

The Alpha Skip Ahead Insider Ring got a new home screen design today and I have to say they've listened to some of the criticism. Looks less like an ad and you can see more of your background.

Alpha Rings as well. You'll need to reboot your console to see it.

Last edited by dyne; 05-01-2023 at 05:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 04:01 AM   #3300
QuasidodoJr QuasidodoJr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
QuasidodoJr's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
466
1938
152
250
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Hmm

I hope Starfield is good. I know Forza will be but am tired of racing games.
I want the Hellblade sequel. Redfall, never had interest, nor did the devs.

Shame this far into the gen & Xbox clearly has the more powerful system yet software is meh. Oh well, you can’t buy talent I suppose.
I think it’s just what you’re into. And how much time you have to game. The only thing that’s made me turn on my PS5 for more than a day was to platinum God of War: Ragnarok. And I found it to be nowhere near as fulfilling as 2018 God of War. While I realize it was still a good game, it actually really disappointed me and that disappointment definitely negatively affected my experience and opinion of it.

The majority of 3rd party games are hitting both systems, and between Game Pass and my backlog, I’m never finding myself with a lack of games to play. In fact, I’m still finding myself overwhelmed with gaming options and I do probably 95% of my gaming on my Series X.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 AM.