Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.97

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.58

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.61

Coraline 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 09-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #881
Power Member

Jun 2012

An update from Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits:

Universal currently has a replacement program in effect for the defective Revenge of the Creature Blu-ray 3D/The Creature Walks Among Us Blu-ray combo disc in their recent Universal Monsters BD sets. Replacement discs should start shipping in the first half of October.

Contact this address to arrange your replacement copy: USHEConsumerRelations@visionmediamgmt.com

The set has been pulled out of circulation by the studio at many major retailers (including Amazon.com). When the Universal Classic Monsters Complete 30-Film Collection and Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection Blu-ray sets do become available for sale again, they will have the corrected disc.

You’ll be able to recognize the fixed versions because they’ll have a new UPC +5 barcode sticker placed over the existing UPC code on the bottom of the slipcase to differentiate them.

Just so you know. Again, we expect the replacement discs to begin shipping – and the fixed sets to return to retail availability – sometime in the first half of October, in time for Halloween.

Note that if you live outside North America but purchased the US version of either set via Amazon (or another retailer), USHE Consumer Relations is only shipping to US and Canadian addresses. So your best bet is to return the defective set for credit and then re-order it again when the fixed version returns to availability. Alternately, you MIGHT try contacting your local Universal branch to see if they can work with the US studio to obtain the fixed discs. But your best bet is to return for credit and repurchase.
Thanks given by:
evoll (09-24-2018), Joe D. (09-24-2018), keefelc (09-24-2018), Mister Showman (09-24-2018), revgen (09-24-2018), Richard--W (09-24-2018), Smaugone (Yesterday), stardragon9 (09-24-2018), Tboneator64 (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #882
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaugone View Post
I read that the 'defective' sets have all been pulled from circulation, and will be restocked with corrected product. The new sets will have a new UPC sticker over the old one. The approx. time line is before Halloween, in a couple of weeks.
Hi Smaugone

And that's a good sign for 3D in general for if 3D was "dead" there would not be such demand to cause them to recall all those sets.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Thanks given by:
Smaugone (Yesterday)
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #883

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA

I'm waiting for Bob's report when he gets a "check disc" from Universal.
Thanks given by:
revgen (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #884
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Smaugone

And that's a good sign for 3D in general for if 3D was "dead" there would not be such demand to cause them to recall all those sets.
You have to understand, they’re we’re likely less than 15,000 units shipped, it’s actually not that big of a recall.

Fitprod
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM   #885
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
You have to understand, they’re we’re likely less than 15,000 units shipped, it’s actually not that big of a recall.

Fitprod
Hi fit,

Possibly. But the uproar from so many still sends that message about 3D being alive and kicking.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #886
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post

Fitprod
15,000 discs is still a lot of discs to recall. They wouldn't have bothered if they believed that 3D was dead and not enough customers would buy them to care.
How to go Region B with 3D in the US:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....5#post14437735
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #887
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

that third party seller on Amazon Marketplace selling the faulty disc set for $120 is a joke ~ what an asshat.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #888

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
15,000 discs is still a lot of discs to recall. They wouldn't have bothered if they believed that 3D was dead and not enough customers would buy them to care.
Who cares what they "believe" ??? 3D *IS* dead. Get over it. The industry stopped supporting 3D TVs and I haven't seen a single march to Washington to protest it! Not one!!!!!!! That means other than projectors there are NO NEW 3D TVs available! NONE. ZERO.

ZERO.

It's not coming back because NO ONE WANTS IT save perhaps those 15,000 people (I don't think all copies sold). That's not enough to drive an industry. Thus, it's DEAD as a format.

DEAD.

You don't have to like it. I think it sucks. But I haven't seen any list sent to LG or Samsung convince them to make even ONE 3D model. How can you have growth in a 3D market with NO TVs being sold? Is everyone switching to projectors? Notice how most of the true 4K ones don't support 3D either because it's not in the chipsets. Why? Because it's DEAD.

Where's that box that lets 2D sets play 3D movies? That's right; it doesn't work right because there's not enough bandwidth and HDMI 2.1 has been promised for several years now, but it doesn't exist. By the time it's out, there won't even be 3D movies being made. Good luck convincing them to restart that. IMAX theaters have dumped 3D as well because people don't want it anymore! And they're tired of paying extra to see something in a format they don't want! IMAX listened! How much longer before Hollywood dumps 3D entirely once again (for the 3rd time historically?) Not long.

People hate wearing those stupid glasses and then still getting crosstalk half the time. And then directors won't let things come out of the screen for the most part so how is that even 3D, really? Just depth? Might as well be called "just crap". If they EVER perfect 3D without glasses it won't have any support for negative parallax so it will always be "just crap". Let's face it. 3D as we WANT it died in the 1980s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
that third party seller on Amazon Marketplace selling the faulty disc set for $120 is a joke ~ what an asshat.
Wow. My screwed up copy is worth that much already! I'm putting mine up for sale for $130! Limited Edition! Not for sale ever again! Reserve your part of history now!
Theater: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 9.1.6 (Marantz-7010 + Yamaha-5960 + Onkyo ProES600 TM Extraction) PSB X1T/T45/B15/S50/CS500 & Def Tech PF-1500 15" Sub; Music/2nd Room: Samsung 55" Q8F QLED TV, Carver AL-III Speakers, Audio-X-Stream Active Crossover, TFM-35x Amp (Woofers), Yamaha M-45 Amp (Ribbons), Carver C-5 Sonic Holography Pre-Amp, Klipsch Surrounds/Sub; Technics DD Decoder; Sources Used:PS4, NVidia Shield + KODI, Apple TV 4K, LG Ultra 4K/3D BD, Pioneer LD, N64/GameCube
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #889

May 2014

Receive my confirmation today …. first wrote the email September 5th and a couple of times there after. A response was not receive until today when I called and left a message at customer service and e mailed a message at "contact us." Something about the system is not making sense.
Thanks given by:
keefelc (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #890
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert kaplan View Post
Receive my confirmation today …. first wrote the email September 5th and a couple of times there after. A response was not receive until today when I called and left a message at customer service and e mailed a message at "contact us." Something about the system is not making sense.
Hi Robert,

Bet ya feel relieved finally getting the confirmation. So did I.

Though I seriously doubt it, wonder if they'll simply send us a brand new collection. Might be easier than having to produce so many extra individual discs.

Then again, it might not be. And maybe I shouldn't try pushing my luck!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
box set, complete collection, complete set, creature, golden age, restoration, sequel