Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
15 hrs ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Jurassic World: 5 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.96

Now You See Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
4 hrs ago
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
18 hrs ago
Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #1861
Special Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
All I know is that his daughter is hot.
4K HDR on Samsung KS8000 TV + Sony UPB-X800 Player + PS4 Pro
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #1862

Mar 2010
New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heapashifter View Post
Walmart's site has the 4k version for $26.96. That's the best price I've seen. I'll get Best Buy to price match it, so I don't have to go to Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Solo-A-St...Code/720312072
Is BB honoring price match on this?
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #1863
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynatnite View Post
It's digital. It's regarding the Millennium Falcon history. There are two codes.
Damn. Thanks for confirming...
WTT FOR:
UV/MA: Hundred Foot Journey, The Boy and the Beast, Birth of the Dragon, The Stolen, Breathe, Taken S1, Cook Off!, Manhunt Unabomber, Ingrid Goes West, Walking Dead S7, A Ghost Story, Woodshock, Brad's Status, Lethal Weapon S1, Black Lightning S1
4K: Terminator Genisys, Fury, Inception, The Matrix, Forrest Gump, Ghost in the Shell, The Incredible Hulk, A Quiet Place, The Prestige, Rampage, Jack Ryan films, Hereditary, Predator Films, Mission Impossible 1,3,4,5
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #1864
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Ron Howard has turned out to be such a great ambassador for the franchise, which is a little surprising considering he was the replacement director to salvage a film that was developed without him. He deserves another, more personal Star Wars gig where he’s involved from the start. They shouldn’t hold the box office against him.

Last edited by spanky87; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.
Thanks given by:
ambientcafe (Yesterday), bferr1972 (Yesterday), Cherokee Jack (Yesterday), FelixFlankin (Yesterday), formula_nebula (Yesterday), Geoff D (Yesterday), imsounoriginal (Yesterday), JoeDeM (Yesterday), levcore (Yesterday), LoSouL (Yesterday), Mr. Forest (Yesterday), Ruemorgue10 (Yesterday), SpaceMind (Yesterday), TheCurryman (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #1865
Special Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
Ron Howard has turned out to be such a great ambassador for the franchise, which is a little odd considering he was the replacement director to salvage a film that was developed without him. He deserves another, more personal Star Wars gig where he’s involved from the start. They shouldn’t hold the box office against him.
One of my favorite things in the movie was seeing
[Show spoiler]Warwick Davis
again. You combine his history with Star Wars and his history with Ron Howard, and he's finally an actual character for at least a couple minutes.
Thanks given by:
formula_nebula (Yesterday), spanky87 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #1866

Jan 2017

Does anyone know if the Dolby Vision version is any better? Kind of discouraged by these PQ scores
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #1867
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnj1958 View Post
Is BB honoring price match on this?
I've never had an issue. The listing on Best Buy's site says Price Match Guarantee, so they kind of have to do it.

I did price match this with no issue. I always have the Walmart (or wherever) listing already up on my phone when I go to check-out.
LG OLED55B7A, Onkyo TX-SR444, Sony UBP-X800, PS4, Switch, Klipsch speakers, BIC Acoustech PL-200
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #1868
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Walmart didn’t have any 4K’s so I had to go back to Target and get the exclusive.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #1869
Power Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSouL View Post
Even OLED owners complained about TLJ's black levels when that released:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=2383
And?

I'm an OLED owner, and I appreciated The Last Jedi's transfer.

I'm so sick and tired of discussions like these--but god damn, as a photographer myself, there's nothing more infuriating than people mistaking an artistic choice as an outright bad transfer. If people don't like Bradford Young's visual style, that's perfectly fine. But when people say stupid shit like "Disney not only botched the audio, but now they botched the PQ reeeeeeehhh!!!" it just shows how utterly uninformed they are.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (Yesterday), nusilver (Yesterday), TpFox (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #1870
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

Two copies of Solo and both UHD discs are scratched. And Amazon still doesn't have this!? It seems I've been made to suffer. It's my lot in life.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #1871

Aug 2018

Going by reviews, not expecting much from UHD and movie.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #1872
Special Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetieMan View Post
And?

I'm an OLED owner, and I appreciated The Last Jedi's transfer.

I'm so sick and tired of discussions like these--but god damn, as a photographer myself, there's nothing more infuriating than people mistaking an artistic choice as an outright bad transfer. If people don't like Bradford Young's visual style, that's perfectly fine. But when people say stupid shit like "Disney not only botched the audio, but now they botched the PQ reeeeeeehhh!!!" it just shows how utterly uninformed they are.
You appreciating it when others can't makes a great case for it being a matter of whether or not one can appreciate the presentation choice, as it is. Rather than being a matter of whether or not [artistic choices] are actually present in the UHD and likely to be visible to many people who shouldn't be reflexively disqualified as peasants (or autistic screechers) in an ideological huff about hardware and format / medium misunderstandings.

I also appreciated The Last Jedi's UHD, but once other members pointed out the elevated black levels in it, I couldn't help but notice it myself after rewatching and feel like I let people down by giving an early, glowing impression after having completely overlooked it the first time around.

I see it in Solo as well, and though I can still appreciate the presentation in spite of it, and respect artistic intention, I'm going to acknowledge it for the sake of others. So even though I am reluctant to seed potential confirmation bias and don't really enjoy being a bearer of bad news, I don't want to potentially mislead anyone into spending $29.99 + tax on something they might not be personally able to reconcile as hazy, dreamlike and possibly high-maintenance rather than murky and washed out.

It's the same reason I try to mention grain structure even though I love grain, since I've read so many people talk about unwatchable sandstorms and express a clear disdain for grain since I began reading the forum.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #1873

Nov 2009
Central, NJ

FYI - The exclusive Target bonus feature is actually quite nice! It is redeemed via a 2nd independent code on the paper inside the case and shows up under the 'Extras' section in Movies Anywhere (not when you select the film, but separate).

It goes over a history of the Falcon design and then touches on some of the changes made for The Force Awakens and the overhaul for Solo. Out of the 13 minute video 8 minutes are about the ship in the films and the last few minutes are about the upcoming Disney attractions, but that's not to discount the second half, it's pretty neat. I'd say this is one of the better exclusive featurettes.
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (Yesterday), formula_nebula (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #1874
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

I picked up the 4K Blu-ray at Target today. It was a blind buy. I watched it this afternoon.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the 64% RT audience score because I thought it was fantastic. 4.5 out of 5 stars fantastic.

For me, it had everything I'd expect from a Star Wars film. Action, love, humor, evil villains, and more action. I'm very glad I made the blind buy leap!

Those that hated on it have lost their minds.

Mark
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #1875
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
In my theatre room

Guess I’ll pop in at Walmart tomorrow for this.
LG OLED65B7P / Oppo UDP 203 / Denon X4300H /
Klipsch RP 440c / Klipsch RP 250f / Klipsch RP 240s x4 /
Klipsch RP 140sa / Dual SVS PB-1000
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies