Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Legend of Tarzan 4K / Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.44
 
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
€24.99
7 hrs ago
John Wayne Collection Westerns (Blu-ray)
€14.76
14 hrs ago
The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Edition (Blu-ray)
€25.96
 
Oscars du meilleur film 2010 - 2016 : Spotlight + Birdman + 12 Years A Slave + Argo + The Artist + Le discours d'un roi + Démineurs (Blu-ray)
€22.14
 
Coffret Aventure 4K (Blu-ray)
€27.99
 
The Dark Knight - La Trilogie (Blu-ray)
€9.21
 
Venom (Blu-ray)
€19.99
 
Superman - L'anthologie (Blu-ray)
€16.75
15 hrs ago
DC Villains - Coffret: Batman: The Killing Joke + Batman: Assaut sur Arkham + Batman et Harley Quinn (Blu-ray)
€7.38
14 hrs ago
Coco (Blu-ray)
€14.99
 
Coffret Point Break : L'original et le remake (Blu-ray)
€7.38
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #21
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

I just received my copy. Limited to 3000. No time to check PQ for the moment.

Subtitles are indeed forced. You can't even trust the label when they tell you info If your player can move the subs, you're good to go.




Last edited by AlexIlDottore; 12-01-2018 at 11:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
israels (12-01-2018), leoganzi (12-02-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #22
PNeski PNeski is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default

There's no need for the Eureka set Other than the two extras that were on the Paramount DVD set, or that great early documentary ,which is on the French set with subtitles, maybe if you prefer the transfer better ,and want subtitles on the dubbed Italian soundtrack .Or can't put up
with them on the English dubbed soundtrack

The New French sets has a lot of extras in English ,a few are French only (The Bertollucci talk) Storaro, Sutherland ,De Niro are all in English
with French subtitles

As for the transfer ,it seems sharper and more colorful to me ,There's seems to be more yellow in the part I watched ,This transfer while
super ,isn't as perfect as The Spider's Stratagem Blu Ray ,Which wasn't cut up,

The only thing the Olive set has going for it ,is the Bertolluci Documentary

Last edited by PNeski; 12-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #23
Dailyan Dailyan is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
602
16
21
Default

"The restoration was carried out at L'immagine Ritrovata laboratory in 2017"

[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #24
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNeski View Post
There's no need for the Eureka set Other than the two extras that were on the Paramount DVD set, or that great early documentary ,which is on the French set with subtitles, maybe if you prefer the transfer better ,and want subtitles on the dubbed Italian soundtrack .Or can't put up
with them on the English dubbed soundtrack

The New French sets has a lot of extras in English ,a few are French only (The Bertollucci talk) Storaro, Sutherland ,De Niro are all in English
with French subtitles

As for the transfer ,it seems sharper and more colorful to me ,There's seems to be more yellow in the part I watched ,This transfer while
super ,isn't as perfect as The Spider's Stratagem Blu Ray ,Which wasn't cut up,

The only thing the Olive set has going for it ,is the Bertolluci Documentary
Spider's Stratagem blu looks beautiful I have't checked 1900 out yet, so I want to hold off on making yellow comments.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #25
Brokkoli Brokkoli is offline
Member
 
Jun 2016
Bavaria
Default

Also got announced for a 2019 release by Koch on Facebook today.
Not much info yet besides that it will also use the 4K scan. As it's Koch, maybe it won't have forced subs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #26
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokkoli View Post
Also got announced for a 2019 release by Koch on Facebook today.
Not much info yet besides that it will also use the 4K scan. As it's Koch, maybe it won't have forced subs.
Koch add English subs sometimes too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #27
dkelly26666 dkelly26666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
Spider's Stratagem blu looks beautiful I have't checked 1900 out yet, so I want to hold off on making yellow comments.

I don't suppose that "The Spider's Stratagem" blu has English subs, does it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:16 AM   #28
PNeski PNeski is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly26666 View Post
I don't suppose that "The Spider's Stratagem" blu has English subs, does it?
no english on this,I had to add the english subtiles
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (12-02-2018), dkelly26666 (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #29
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
1765
295
7
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNeski View Post
pretty crazy art work
that's an understatement
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #30
dkelly26666 dkelly26666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNeski View Post
no english on this,I had to add the english subtiles
Darn it. Wish the UK or US would release it.

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:51 AM   #31
PNeski PNeski is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default

After looking at more of the film and comparing to Eureka version ,it clearly looks better
on the whole, but sometimes the yellow tint is not a improvement ,Its clearly sharper and
more colorful for most of the film
some interiors still don't look perfect,but mostly it looks fantastic ,Storaro's new fight
is 16bit color
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #32
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

I've watched act 1 so far. I need to compare with the MoC release regarding the yellow but this is a very nice upgrade. there are scenes with a very prominent yellow push, and others where there is no yellow push. this is a much more cinematic experience. more detail, sharper, overall better colours. blacks seem ok along with highlights. I watched it in Italian with French subs. the sound has been nicely upgraded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #33
PNeski PNeski is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default

Not sure why one would watch Italian soundtrack instead of English one,maybe if you only speak Italian,most of the leads all speak English, even the French actress
While the dub sound of the others isn’t great,there are some big stars that you should hear
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #34
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNeski View Post
Not sure why one would watch Italian soundtrack instead of English one,maybe if you only speak Italian,most of the leads all speak English, even the French actress
While the dub sound of the others isn’t great,there are some big stars that you should hear
I usually watch it in English for the reasons you mentioned. It's also painfully obvious why one would be curious and want to watch in Italian too. Point is, thankfully we have the choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #35
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
299
108
Default

Wild Side on the left, Moc on the right
http://retro-hd.com/tests/blu-ray/2687-1900.html
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
israels (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
israels israels is online now
Member
 
Jul 2011
Default

Needs more yellow!

Joking aside, i don't mind the colors that much. And there are some nice improvements overall. Might pick it up at a lower price.

Edit: a MUCH lower price.

Last edited by israels; 12-05-2018 at 04:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (12-05-2018)
Old 01-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #37
Bates_Motel Bates_Motel is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bates_Motel's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Los Angeles
2
Default

LOL completely botched colors as usual form Ritrovata. Easily the worst studio in the world, and have ruined so many classics with their "restorations" so far. Now we need a re-colored version, a la Arrow's "Tree of Wooden Clogs."

Easy pass. Waste of money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #38
PNeski PNeski is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default

Don't agree at all ,I only found a couple shots which didn't look right ,compared to other
versions this is clearly the best out there ,saw this many times in many formats
I did side by side comparisons ,those screen shots do not give a true view of what the Blue Ray looks like

Last edited by PNeski; 01-22-2019 at 03:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dreamon-86 (01-22-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 PM.