Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Amazing Ocean 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.09
11 hrs ago
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.00

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.84

The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 04-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #1181

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
The only thing that would make it better would have been "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" in 3D
Technically, that was down to Fox rather than Disney. But yes, as bad as that film was I still would have bought it in 3D. They won't be getting my money for the 2D version.
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (04-22-2020), dhvsfan (04-24-2020), trevrox (05-10-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 12:57 AM   #1182
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
While I agree with your sentiments, I thoroughly disapprove of clubs and exclusivity. These titles should have been made generally available on 3D Blu-ray, or at least now made available as MOD titles.
I'd rather have them release their 3D titles exclusive through their club than not at all though. And with Soul not getting a 3D release, nor Mulan, this is looking like a sad possibility. If they considered releasing them as club exclusives, I think we'd all prefer that to the alternative (them just dropping 3D releases worldwide).

Warner archive allows us to get many releases that otherwise would not happen. Granted you can buy those from Amazon, but the point is they're exclusive to the archive department. They will never hit retail stores. Yet many of us have been buying those discs for years and have been thankful Warner archive does this. So if we can convince Disney (unlikely) to consider 3D releases as an exclusive club benefit vs dropping it entirely, I'd be all for it. I think it would definitely help boost club memberships. I joined the club to buy The Black Hole and I'm glad I joined. There are some great benefits and I got a bunch of discs early on for a great price. And their customer service is excellent. Great phone support.

Each month I just have to remember to cancel my exclusive for the month so it isn't shipped. Any time I want to take advantage of the membership I can.

Believe me, I hate exclusives too. But if that would save Disney 3D releases, it may be our only hope. I doubt they would consider it anyways but I wish they would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
With their theme parks closed and cinemas also closed, Disney are losing money now like never before. You'd think someone there with even half a brain would notice that there is demand for their 3D movies and do something about it. I find it absolutely staggering how short-sighted and pig-headed they've been in abandoning the 3D Blu-ray format in America.
I agree. They're throwing money away. That's why at least if they considered going the exclusive club route, maybe they would see that as a way to boost club memberships and also sell some 3D discs. But yeah, they're throwing money out by not releasing 3D titles.

Last edited by the13thman; 03-23-2021 at 01:18 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
Thanks given by:
the13thman (03-23-2021), Variety Films 3D (03-27-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 01:27 AM   #1183

Feb 2015
London, England

Anything is better than nothing!

Club exclusives are fine with me if the club is open to everyone everywhere. Otherwise it's just one step up from exclusives given to streaming platforms barely anyone can access, and happy days for scalpers.
Thanks given by:
Gizz (03-25-2021), mar3o (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:51 PM   #1184
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

I think MOD might be the way to go but Disney would need to set something up for that and I doubt they are interested sadly.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (03-24-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #1185

Jun 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I think MOD might be the way to go but Disney would need to set something up for that and I doubt they are interested sadly.

...sounds like disney movie club would the the avenue. they already have club exclusives, i think.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #1186

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
They can't even be bothered to provide a 3D copy to digital vendors like VUDU. They're interested in streamlining SKUs and reducing expenses related to media distribution and dumping all the new money into Disney+.

If they cared in even the slightest about product for 3D fans they could keep selling high margin retailer exclusives. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 3D and Rogue One 3D were both premium priced editions that sold out. So we're talking about a disc product that can sell out 100% of it's print run and they won't do that.

The reality is Disney is so huge that the money left on the table by skipping home 3D is probably less than a rounding error on a quarterly report. Disney leadership's job is 100% to generate profits and boost stock prices. Home 3D barely adds to the first and doesn't move the needle in any way on the second.

Yes if they cared about their movie fans they'd offer some kind of home 3D product, but generally if Disney is doing something that looks like them "caring about the fans" it's most likely a huge profit generator or a stock pump.
Thanks given by:
ckyllr (03-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 12:48 AM   #1187

Nov 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Disney Petition to Disney to release all missing 3D films on Blu-ray 3D

Is there already any petition that asks Disney to release all of the still missing 3D films on Blu-ray 3D, at least as MOD versions?
By reading all those posts of the 3D community, i can not believe, we did not start a world-wide petition to Disney about those missing 3D films, stating, that we are many many many 3D fans still out there, that want the return of the 3D films back at least at our home theaters!?
There should be easily millions of 3D fans world-wide to sign such a petition!
Does anyone know about such a petition already existing or has the opportunity of starting such a petition?
Let's get this started and share with every home-cinema owner! We must show Disney, that they are wrong about no one buying any 3D films any more and maybe they will see, that there is many more money to be collected by releasing further 3D Blu-rays!?
Thanks given by:
Instacredit (04-30-2021), robtadrian (04-30-2021), xootoo (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 05:39 AM   #1188

Mar 2019

That is exactly my thought.There is nothing like this out there, only a bunch of individual emails from time to time to Disney, which seems to be completely ignored.

Working on a list of all not released titles for a while and collecting data from all studios.

We should start an open letter/petition to all the studios.

Feeling sad that there is no Soul & Raya 3D blu-ray and Free Guy and Jungle Cruise will be also only "flat" on home screen, when nothing happens. Free Guy reminds me on Pixels and should look amazing in 3D.

We have to stand together!

Last edited by xootoo; 04-30-2021 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:20 AM   #1189
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
We have to stand together!
Old 05-08-2021, 03:11 AM   #1190
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin755 View Post
Is there already any petition that asks Disney to release all of the still missing 3D films on Blu-ray 3D, at least as MOD versions?
By reading all those posts of the 3D community, i can not believe, we did not start a world-wide petition to Disney about those missing 3D films, stating, that we are many many many 3D fans still out there, that want the return of the 3D films back at least at our home theaters!?
There should be easily millions of 3D fans world-wide to sign such a petition!
Does anyone know about such a petition already existing or has the opportunity of starting such a petition?
Let's get this started and share with every home-cinema owner! We must show Disney, that they are wrong about no one buying any 3D films any more and maybe they will see, that there is many more money to be collected by releasing further 3D Blu-rays!?
Written snail-mail letters carry more weight and get more attention than online petitions. Starting such a write-in campaign might be more effective. Worked for Star Trek anyway.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d blu-ray, disney, live action, pinocchio, rumour, zemeckis