Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25
 
Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato – Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99
 
Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Yu Yu Hakusho: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
 
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Haikyu!!: 3rd Season (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Hidamari Sketch (Blu-ray)
$66.67
 
Assassination Classroom: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
2 hrs ago
Harukana Receive: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #41
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
169
Default

My resolve has been weakening on the Durarara! Lunchbox edition. I had not intended to buy it but does look so tempting in pictures.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #42
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
My resolve has been weakening on the Durarara! Lunchbox edition. I had not intended to buy it but does look so tempting in pictures.
eh, just do it - it's only money...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #43
zrdb zrdb is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
365
1
Default

And this coming from Mr. Moneybags. I like to spend money on amine since I have the financial where with all to do so-I just watch what I buy-never pay full msrp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #44
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
My resolve has been weakening on the Durarara! Lunchbox edition. I had not intended to buy it but does look so tempting in pictures.
Well allow me to weaken your resolve a bit more, Mr. Kent! My Aniplex Durarara! Lunchbox set just arrived today... here are a few photos - they didn't turn out that great as far as details, but...

First off - the lunchbox is very small - much smaller than the Noir Lunchboxes I have... Here's a comparison shot:





The front and the back of the lunch box:

[Show spoiler]






The chipboard box:

[Show spoiler]



And the inside stuffings:

[Show spoiler]





Next Up: the AoA Bakemonogatari Blu-ray Box Set, arriving in about two weeks...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-25-2014 at 01:23 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 AM   #45
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

^^^
Man that think reeks of awesomeness. How much do those go for nowadays. Last one I saw was $200+.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:20 AM   #46
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
^^^
Man that thing reeks of awesomeness. How much do those go for nowadays. Last one I saw was $200+.
Rightstuf still has them in stock for $149.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #47
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Rightstuf still has them in stock for $149.
Well that isn't too bad then. I guess your paying extra for the lunchbox. Is that the cheapest it has been?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 AM   #48
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Well that isn't too bad then. I guess your paying extra for the lunchbox. Is that the cheapest it has been?
No, you're paying extra for it being an Aniplex of America release...

During the 12 days sale Rightstuf had it on sale for $125 - I almost bought it then, but I had bought WAY too much anime already at that time... that's probably the lowest price it's ever been; it will only go up in price the closer to OOP it gets...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-25-2014 at 01:37 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 AM   #49
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
No, you're paying extra for it being an Aniplex of America release...

During the 12 days sale Rightstuf had it on sale for $125 - I almost bought it then, but I had bought WAY too much anime already at that time... that's probably the lowest price it's ever been; it will only go up in price the closer to OOP it gets...
....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #50
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
169
Default

Why is Celty missing from the cover art on the lunchbox?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #51
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Why is Celty missing from the cover art on the lunchbox?
She is on the back side of the lunchbox - or at least her helmet is, lol... See the big smile she's wearing?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #52
Bobo1313 Bobo1313 is offline
Special Member
 
Bobo1313's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Philadelphia, PA
35
Default

I'm relatively new to collecting anime on blu-ray, does aniplex release cheaper sets of there licenses later on after there high price ones sell out. I ask because they have some anime i'm interested in but some of it apears to be out of print or only have big price release (Samurai X, Gurren Lagann).
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #53
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
941
66
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
I'm relatively new to collecting anime on blu-ray, does aniplex release cheaper sets of there licenses later on after there high price ones sell out. I ask because they have some anime i'm interested in but some of it apears to be out of print or only have big price release (Samurai X, Gurren Lagann).

so far I haven't seen them release a cheaper version other than the fate zero box sets which got released in a cheaper box set that included an English dub which I think was $150 each for 2 box sets. That's good compared to the hefty sum of the imports which were 400 each or something in that range.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #54
EricJ EricJ is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

So, no one's yet done the joke about the "A-ni-plex" logo sounding like it's being sung by Marvin the Martian?
("The best in anime entertainment, isn't that lovely, hmm?")
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #55
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
I'm relatively new to collecting anime on blu-ray, does aniplex release cheaper sets of there licenses later on after there high price ones sell out. I ask because they have some anime i'm interested in but some of it apears to be out of print or only have big price release (Samurai X, Gurren Lagann).
No. They release a set at a high price until it's sold out, and it's done. Then you pay the aftermarket OOP prices. Get it while you can, and dig deep into your pockets. That's pretty much it.

Has Aniplex actually ever done a re-release of any of their series at all?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #56
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
No. They release a set at a high price until it's sold out, and it's done. Then you pay the aftermarket OOP prices. Get it while you can, and dig deep into your pockets. That's pretty much it.

Has Aniplex actually ever done a re-release of any of their series at all?
None that I know of. Like you said, get while you can. If you don't then it'll be OOP/OOS.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #57
essgem essgem is offline
Senior Member
 
essgem's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Iowa
90
889
161
Default

Baccano! if you count it, though with only a $10 difference in MSRP.

Limited

Regular
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #58
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by essgem View Post
Baccano! if you count it, though with only a $10 difference in MSRP.

Limited

Regular
OK, yeah that counts - they were released a year a part, 2011 and 2012, but with only a slight difference in price between the LE and the RE... that was one of their "cheaper" sub-$100 releases, and not one of their really salty ones, though...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #59
Bobo1313 Bobo1313 is offline
Special Member
 
Bobo1313's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Philadelphia, PA
35
Default

Thanks for the answers and heads up for future releases. I'll just bite the bullet and import both Rurouni Kenshin blu-rays, Gurren Lagann i'll just keep my old dvds and I guess i'll never see the Kara no Kyoukai movies until I find some buried treasure.

Last edited by Bobo1313; 03-25-2014 at 09:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #60
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
Thanks for the answers and heads up for future releases. I'll just bite the bullet and import both Rurouni Kenshin blu-rays, Gurren Lagann i'll just keep my old dvds and I guess I'll never see the Kara no Kyoukai movies until I find some buried treasure.
Phew! I definitely made sure I got the Kara no Kyoukai Blu-ray set, I imported the regular edition back in January, about $275 shipped. much better than what they want for the OOP Premium Edition, it's over a Grand on the Amazon Marketplace now, lol... If I could still get the Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Box for even $400, I'd buy that one in a heartbeat - it's now going for over $800. Dang it, I missed getting it by only a month or two for less than $300 - I waited just a bit too long to watch the series to find out I enjoyed it so much...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-25-2014 at 11:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:05 PM.