Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Season 5, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.84
 
Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99
 
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Blu-ray)
$28.49
 
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25
 
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Fruits Basket: Season One, Part One (Blu-ray)
$64.62
 
Yu Yu Hakusho: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
 
Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #21
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konzendouji180 View Post
Does anyone know where I get a region A copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time blu-ray for a reasonable price. Everyone on ebay and amazon are selling it for $100+. If anyone knows where i can get one or if you are willing to sell yours I would greatly appreciate it.
That one will be hard to find cheap. I got lucky on mine...some person on Amazon sold it to me for cheap. I guess they didn't know what they had. There is no way I would sell it if I were them.
It being OOP also makes it near impossible to find. I would continue to check the sites you are checking. Also pawn shops in bigger cities might help as well. If you have any 2nd hand stores like Hastings, FYE, or Slackers I would hit them up too.
I just watched it last night and man...I'm sorry, not trying to rub it in but it is really nice. I really hope you are able to score a copy. I know how you feel because it has taken me this long to get one as well.

Last edited by neoz; 03-09-2014 at 08:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

From Up on Poppy Hill $12.99 @ Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Fro...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is the cheapest it has been since BB had it for $11.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #23
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJW View Post
DVDPlanet.com is having a 10% off sale sitewide. They have some pretty decent prices on anime titles, which are made even better with the additional discount.
[Show spoiler]


Coupon code is MADCASH and expires 3/9/14 at 11:59pm CST.

Additionally, if you are an Ebates member, DVDPlanet.com purchases get 2.5% cash back.
There are some incredible prices on Section 23/Sentai Blu-rays with the coupon. It expires tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konzendouji180 View Post
Does anyone know where I get a region A copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time blu-ray for a reasonable price. Everyone on ebay and amazon are selling it for $100+. If anyone knows where i can get one or if you are willing to sell yours I would greatly appreciate it.
Honestly, you won't find it cheaply. Buy yourself a region-free BD player and import the region-locked UK Blu-ray, which often goes for $10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Well, I spent way too much on anime over the last 6 months, so I only bought two inexpensive items from the DVD Planet sale - Royal Space Force: Wings of Hollandaise Sauce for $17, and Vexille Special Edition for $11. Shipping charges basically negate the 10% promo though, as there is no free shipping option... But still a good price on both of those...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-09-2014 at 10:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #25
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Well, I spent way too much on anime over the last 6 months, so I only bought two inexpensive items from the DVD Planet sale - Royal Space Force: Wings of Hollandaise Sauce for $17, and Vexille Special Edition for $11. Shipping charges basically negate the 10% promo though, as there is no free shipping option... But still a good price on both of those...
They give you free shipping at $35.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 AM   #26
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
They give you free shipping at $35.
Ok, yeah I see that now in their FAQs - well my only option was to send them a Contact Us request to add one more title to my order before it ships, hopefully they will do that for me... Maybe I'll call them tomorrow morning after they open as well, just to be sure they get my request... I sent the email 2 hours before the promo was up...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #27
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
20
1083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
They give you free shipping at $35.
not if you are shipping overseas ..........
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #28
zrdb zrdb is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
365
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
That one will be hard to find cheap. I got lucky on mine...some person on Amazon sold it to me for cheap. I guess they didn't know what they had. There is no way I would sell it if I were them.
It being OOP also makes it near impossible to find. I would continue to check the sites you are checking. Also pawn shops in bigger cities might help as well. If you have any 2nd hand stores like Hastings, FYE, or Slackers I would hit them up too.
I just watched it last night and man...I'm sorry, not trying to rub it in but it is really nice. I really hope you are able to score a copy. I know how you feel because it has taken me this long to get one as well.
Like the man said get a region free player and buy the UK release-that's exactly what I'd do if I hadn't gotten the US Bandai bluray release back when it was still readily available and relatively inexpensive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #29
MJW MJW is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MJW's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
USA
19
2515
23
1
2
1
Default

If anyone was interested in ordering any of the titles included in DeepDiscount.com's anime sale, there is an additional 15% off today only (3/12) by entering SHAMROCK as a promotional code at checkout.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #30
Tellymon Tellymon is offline
Power Member
 
Tellymon's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
21
8
55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJW View Post
If anyone was interested in ordering any of the titles included in DeepDiscount.com's anime sale, there is an additional 15% off today only (3/12) by entering SHAMROCK as a promotional code at checkout.
Great Teacher Onizuka is tempting for $36 shipped. So is Taisho Baseball Girls for about $25ish. I'll probably wait for holiday sales though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #31
MJW MJW is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MJW's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
USA
19
2515
23
1
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellymon View Post
Great Teacher Onizuka is tempting for $36 shipped. So is Taisho Baseball Girls for about $25ish. I'll probably wait for holiday sales though.
Recently reviewed Time Bokan: Royal Revival is also not bad at $13.17 after coupon, compared to Amazon's current $26.98.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #32
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Dang...shipping for DVD Planet takes forever...
My item shipped on the 8th and it still isn't here. Then again free shipping is 3-10 days. I can understand why it takes so long.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #33
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
20
1083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Dang...shipping for DVD Planet takes forever...
My item shipped on the 8th and it still isn't here. Then again free shipping is 3-10 days. I can understand why it takes so long.
you are not helping my case lol most US sites i order from bar amzaon ( and amazon alot of the time) get stuff to me within 2-3 weeks some times a months time
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #34
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
you are not helping my case lol most US sites i order from bar amzaon ( and amazon alot of the time) get stuff to me within 2-3 weeks some times a months time
Oh Lord...sorry to hear that. Are you in the US? If you don't mind me asking about what part? I'm in Kentucky and you would figure that the stuff would get here fast since they are based in Illinois I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:15 AM   #35
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
20
1083
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Oh Lord...sorry to hear that. Are you in the US? If you don't mind me asking about what part? I'm in Kentucky and you would figure that the stuff would get here fast since they are based in Illinois I believe.
nah i live in a far away land



parcals from the UK on the other hand can take a week / 2 weeks for a few $$ less
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #36
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
nah i live in a far away land

[Show spoiler]


parcals from the UK on the other hand can take a week / 2 weeks for a few $$ less
ahh haha that explain a lot then. Packages from the UK take about same time for me as well. Sometimes longer...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #37
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Dang...shipping for DVD Planet takes forever...
My item shipped on the 8th and it still isn't here. Then again free shipping is 3-10 days. I can understand why it takes so long.
I just got my DVD Planet shipment today - I ordered it on the 9th, just 5 days ago... I got Royal Space Force and Vexille... It usually takes 8-10 days for stuff to ship from Rightstuf to me, with the free shipping - although my last couple of shipments from TRSI were a good bit quicker, more like 4-5 days...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #38
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
I just got my DVD Planet shipment today - I ordered it on the 9th, just 5 days ago... I got Royal Space Force and Vexille... It usually takes 8-10 days for stuff to ship from Rightstuf to me, with the free shipping - although my last couple of shipments from TRSI were a good bit quicker, more like 4-5 days...
My delivery date for mine is the 18th. I don't recall what day I ordered on though. It was during the first day of the sale.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #39
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
170
Default

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day we are offering a 10% discount on orders $25 or more when you use promo code GREEN2014 starting Monday, 3/14/2014
through Saturday, 3/22/2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST on

Blowitoutahere.com

Their prices are usually pretty good on Funimation pre-orders when they run these discount codes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #40
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1591
7
82
Default

DVD Planet 10% catalog sale code DVDP114

Works on these titles.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Season 1-2
Dragonball Season 1-3
Dragonball Z Season 1-9 (DVD)
Dragonball GT Complete Series
Digimon Tamers Complete Set
Angel Beats (DVD/Blu-ray)
Black Lagoon TV Series and OAV
Bodacious Space Pirates Collection 1-2 (Blu-ray)
Another (Blu-ray)
Battle Girls Time Paradox (Blu-ray)
Clannad Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Clannad After Story Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Broken Blade (Blu-ray)
Canaan (Blu-ray)
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Blu-ray)
Ef: A Tale of Memories (Blu-ray)
Ef: A Tale of Melodies (Blu-ray)
Fate/Stay Night (Blu-ray/DVD)
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Blu-ray)
Elfen Lied (Blu-ray/DVD)
Evangelion 1.11 (Blu-ray/DVD)
Evangelion 2.22 (Blu-ray/DVD)
FLCL (Blu-ray/DVD)
Freezing (Regular)
From Up on Poppy Hill (DVD/Blu-ray Combo Pack)
Garden of Words (Blu-ray)
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
Haganai Season 1 (Regular/Limited)
Heaven's Memo Pad (Blu-ray)
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season 1-2 (Blu-ray)
High School DxD (Regular)
Highschool of the Dead (Blu-ray/DVD)
Infinite Stratos (Blu-ray)
Inu x Boku SS (Blu-ray)
Kamisama Dolls (Blu-ray)
Kids on the Slope (Blu-ray)
K-On Season 2/Movie (Blu-ray)
Kill Me Baby (DVD)
Majiko-Oh (Blu-ray/DVD)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (Blu-ray)
Ninja Scroll (Blu-ray)
Queen's Blade Rebellion (Blu-ray)
One Piece Collection 1-8 (DVD)
Quaser of Stigmata Seasons 1-2 (DVD)
Patlabor OAV/TV Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
Penguindrum Collection 1-2 (Blu-ray)
Samurai Champloo (Blu-ray/DVD)
Shining Hearts (Blu-ray)
Samurai Girls (DVD/Blu-ray)
Sekirei Season 1-2 Complete Set
Persona 4 Collection 1 (DVD)
Persona 4 Collection 2 (Blu-ray/DVD)
World God Only Knows Seasons 1-2 (Blu-ray)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (Blu-ray)
Waiting in the Summer (DVD)
Spice and Wolf Complete Set
Xam'd Complete Series (DVD/Blu-ray)
Steins;Gate Part 1-2

Info courtesy of DNukem170 @ CAG
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.