Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
American Gods: Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
£19.99
9 hrs ago
Basic Instinct 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
15 hrs ago
The Gentlemen (Blu-ray)
£3.00
10 hrs ago
Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
£5.99
21 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£16.99

The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£5.99
13 hrs ago
Pig (Blu-ray)
£6.00

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£59.04

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
£7.00
10 hrs ago
Saw 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
21 hrs ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
1 hr ago
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
£6.99
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:34 AM   #3721

Feb 2016
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwindowfilms View Post
Splitting up from Arrow would just mean needing to go to another third-party and they're few and far between nowadays. Arrow is the 4th company who have handled my titles because the last 3 weren't good either and there really aren't many others around. At least Arrow have a similar fan-base so they do help me reach a larger audience for sure, it's just that they charge a lot for that (and unfortunately those charges have increased massively since I signed up).
Thank you for continuing to respond on this forum and keep us informed. It's refreshing to hear directly from you, and not the generic PR we get from other companies. It's always disappointing to hear about the struggles you have just to break even on releases. I'm very pessimistic about the future of Arrow, now that it is in the hands of The Hut Group, but I hope your deal continues to provide some value for you. I try to purchase through Terracotta as much as I can, but the shipping to the USA can be killer.

Have you looked at any sort of distribution in the USA? I know some titles come through DiabolikDVD, do you know where they get them from or what your cut is through them? I know they aren't getting a ton, but they do seem to sell out fairly quickly on their site.

Have you thought about doing more dvd only releases? The costs associated with blu ray have to be higher, and I know I can't be the only one that would still purchase your releases if they were dvd only.

I hope things keep going up for you and the company. Since I found you last year, you've opened my eyes to a lot of hidden gems and it's my goal to eventually have every release.
Thanks given by:
Faustus (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #3722

Nov 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwindowfilms View Post
of course you should do what's best for your wallet, but if the prices are similar then Terracotta is by far and away the best best. I get less than 50% of a sale from Amazon, just a little over 50% from a sale from Arrow and 75% of a sale from Terracotta, so it's by far and away the best for me.
Good to know for the future.
Thanks given by:
thenexus6 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #3723
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifox211 View Post
Anyone know why postage for two Arrow titles is £2 but £4.50 for two Third Window titles?

Attachment 267505
I weighed my copy of The Whispering Star - 97g. Arrow are quoting costs for 500g - 2 kg
Old 10-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #3724
Third Window Films

Aug 2012

Actually, directly working with US distributors like Diabolik DVD would be against the contracts as I can only buy UK rights for films (as getting US rights is a lot more expensive). Diabolik have a setup with Arrow and therefore Arrow send it to them to sell, so it's not really 'direct' from me and I can sort of deny if things are sold outside of my contracted territories, but otherwise it's a complicated matter.

DVD only releases are much cheaper and of course much easier to do, but considering people are hankering for 4K, going back to DVD wouldn't really work to be honest. I've put some of the more 'major' titles on DVD such as One Cut of the Dead and the upcoming Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes, but they don't really sell and I think with the quality of DVD and the people who buy niche cinema, people will just have even more 'incentive' to pirate the films instead of buying them.
Think DVDs just work for studio films and mainstream audiences who don't pirate as much and just want a cheap copy to pickup. The 'Walmart' audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpcanmovebaby View Post
Thank you for continuing to respond on this forum and keep us informed. It's refreshing to hear directly from you, and not the generic PR we get from other companies. It's always disappointing to hear about the struggles you have just to break even on releases. I'm very pessimistic about the future of Arrow, now that it is in the hands of The Hut Group, but I hope your deal continues to provide some value for you. I try to purchase through Terracotta as much as I can, but the shipping to the USA can be killer.

Have you looked at any sort of distribution in the USA? I know some titles come through DiabolikDVD, do you know where they get them from or what your cut is through them? I know they aren't getting a ton, but they do seem to sell out fairly quickly on their site.

Have you thought about doing more dvd only releases? The costs associated with blu ray have to be higher, and I know I can't be the only one that would still purchase your releases if they were dvd only.

I hope things keep going up for you and the company. Since I found you last year, you've opened my eyes to a lot of hidden gems and it's my goal to eventually have every release.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (10-23-2021), Marlew (10-23-2021), mmarczi (10-22-2021), Pulpcanmovebaby (10-23-2021), Random Ace (10-22-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #3725
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Personally I donít mind DVD if itís the only option, but I wouldnít rush out and buy them. And they would need some extras because while you can easily argue a Blu-ray looks better than a compressed HD stream, Iím not sure a DVD would look better than a HD stream. Also, I couldnít imagine spending £10 day one on a DVD, itís more of a wait until it drops to £5 and below situation.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #3726
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

HIRUKO THE GOBLIN MM Blu from US is out soon but I will wait for UK disc.
any release dates?
Old 10-22-2021, 09:44 PM   #3727
Special Member

Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
HIRUKO THE GOBLIN MM Blu from US is out soon but I will wait for UK disc.
any release dates?
24th January 2022

Artwork:
[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
CelestialAgent (10-22-2021), Faustus (10-23-2021), hiwilliam (10-23-2021), mmarczi (10-22-2021), nekromantik (10-22-2021), seamus11 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 10:07 PM   #3728

Feb 2014
Germany

Same problem here with Amazon and the Toyoda set. Cancelled it and ordered over at Terracotta. IĎm sick of Amazon and how they fail to get preorders properly done. This was the fifth or sixth preorder they didnĎt manage to deliver in time. They even cancelled someÖso I give the money to shops which deserve it.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:44 PM   #3729
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2014

Any recommendation for Dangan Runner ?
Old 10-23-2021, 12:25 AM   #3730

Oct 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpcanmovebaby View Post
You aren't the only one. If DVD allowed for less well-known films to get a release, I'd be happy to support it too. (A second New Director's From Japan on the format would be great, if there are any modern films worth showcasing.)
Thanks given by:
Pulpcanmovebaby (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 03:31 AM   #3731
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppard View Post
I highly recommend it. Quoting myself:

Quote:
I saw Dangan Runner last night on the UK blu from Third Window Films.

The film is essentially one big...hmm, I was about to say chase sequence, but it's not that really. Oh well, at least when it starts out, it's 3 guys chasing in sequence - a wannabe bank robber who is so incompetent he forgets to carry along a face-covering and then gets caught trying to steal a mask from a convenience store. He is running away from the store manager, a rock singer and heroin addict, who is in turn being pursued by a Yakuza enforcer of the gang he owes money to. I have not seen anything else by the director Sabu, but this one is like Takeshi Kitano in a light mood. There are gangsters, guns, stakeouts and Mexican standoffs, but there's a beautiful transcendent mood, especially in the middle of the film, where it takes joy just in following the main characters and letting us soak in their thoughts. The film expresses the joy of constant motion as it captures the characters running on busy highways and deserted alleys alike, and this is what defines its delicate spirit more than the other plot shenanigans. It's best experienced going in without knowing too much of what happens. I quite liked it on the whole.

Given that the film was not shot on 35mm celluloid, it looks pretty alright on the whole, although night-time sequences are considerably more grainy/noisy. The stereo soundtrack is simple but effective with good bass presence when needed. Of the extras I saw the director interview 15min (pretty good) and the nearly half-hour piece on the video-cinema culture in Japan by critic Tom Mes (more rambling and less informative than I'd have liked). There's also a Jasper Sharp commentary, which I am sure will have interesting things to say.

Thanks given by:
DefLeppard (10-23-2021), dr727 (10-23-2021), hiwilliam (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #3732
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2014

Thanks ravenus! Will be getting this from AV sale now.
Thanks given by:
dr727 (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #3733

May 2015

I would be interested in DVD releases too, if that's the only way to see more interesting movies (New Wave are still doing DVD only releases). I think 4K is just going to shrink the catalogue of interesting stuff even more, giving us the same old stuff repackaged yet again.
Thanks given by:
Faustus (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #3734

May 2013
Oahu, Hawai'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppard View Post
Easily one of my TWF films and Blu-Ray discoveries. I think Iím going to watch it for the fourth time now that youíve got me thinking about it!
Thanks given by:
DefLeppard (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #3735

Oct 2011
Snina, Slovakia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
24th January 2022

Artwork:
[Show spoiler]
Such a great looking slipcover! It'll look great next to GEMINI
Old 10-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #3736
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

^How is this film as compared to Gemini? I like the premise and the VFX, but not sure if I want to see more of that Tetsuo style hyperkinetic fast cutting visual style.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #3737

Oct 2011
Snina, Slovakia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
^How is this film as compared to Gemini? I like the premise and the VFX, but not sure if I want to see more of that Tetsuo style hyperkinetic fast cutting visual style.
I would say Hiruko is more "light-hearted" - something similar to The Adventures of Electric Rod Boy...
Thanks given by:
ravenus (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #3738
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

i would love to stop using amazon but they only place now that dont charge for pre orders up front.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #3739

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
i would love to stop using amazon but they only place now that dont charge for pre orders up front.
Specifically in the case of Third Window, I think theres a pretty good chance that pre orders will still be available on Terracotta the day before release.
Thanks given by:
nekromantik (10-23-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland