Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Giallo Essentials (Blu-ray)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
Legend (Blu-ray)
$24.99
18 hrs ago
Children of the Corn 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.54

Street Fighter (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Mill of the Stone Women (Blu-ray)
$29.99
6 hrs ago
Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$62.51
1 day ago
Superman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
1 day ago
Underworld: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #34121
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Good to see you posting here, hope you have more time to contribute to this thread.

Added any new hardware to your collection?
Hi Wendell, yes I swapped out my Sony 940C for the Sony Z8H (both 75") about 6 months ago. I have a full motion pull-out wall mount and one day when i was retracting the 940C I inadvertently pushed on the glass and cracked it. Fortunately I was due for an upgrade anyway (was planning on getting an 8K this year so it worked out). Unfortunately the 940C had 3D and this one doesn't, and would have liked to pass the TV into the den (where the 900A is). But I still have two 3D TVs.

Also had to get a sound bar (Sony ST5000), because the TV speakers on the Z8H aren't nearly as good and the wireless subwoofer for the 940C wasn't compatible.

Finally got the Panasonic 9000 UHD player, all this at the same time. Still have my Oppos of course. The Panny does have better upscale quality but other than that the Oppo is a lot more user friendly.
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #34122
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I get HBO Max as a "free" perk with my AT&T wireless service; otherwise I would not have it. Still, with the exception of watching Dune 2021, I have found it to be an acceptable streaming service in terms of quality that is on about the same level as Netflix, which I know is damning with faint praise indeed.

I intend to rewatch Dune 2021 soon to see if it my bad viewing experience was just a fluke or not.

HBO Max does have a great selection. If I had to choose, I would have it over Netflix without hesitation.
Yes of course I didn't mean to denigrate the service, and the quality is very good, as far as streaming goes (as long as you weren't comparing it to Blu-ray or UHD). Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Honestly I haven't been consuming nearly the content I used to, otherwise I would be looking for stuff to watch that's not in my collection. But as I have so many unwatched movies (my buying habits haven't declined at the same rate), I always have plenty to choose from (too much actually, lol) even without streaming.

I do stream though, but almost exclusively Youtube content. Youtube premium is very addictive with its algorithms. It's what I watch when I'm too lazy too choose a movie from my disc collection.
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #34123
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I sure am sorry that you have had so much trouble with your home theater. A home theater as spectacular as yours should not be idled; I hope it's up and running soon.
Thank you! I have the Marantz back in play and the new center channel is now broken in. I was holding off on watching some of the movies I purchased in order to hear them on the new processor, so I think I am going to start chipping away at them since I donít know when and what will be taking the Marantzís place.
Old Today, 12:48 AM   #34124
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat question, have you looked into AudioControl (here)? Just looked at their automation spreadsheet and the RS-232 (serial) control is quite extensive. The hex code (IR) seems to be just the basic stuff.
I did look at it briefly, but it did not tickle my fancy. The attraction to the 16 channel Lyngdorf was because of their room perfect calibration. Since that was a miss for me, I am back to plan of adding more channels and options, which are the Storm Audio and Trinnov.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology