Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Antz (Blu-ray)
$6.99
22 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Us (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Treasure Planet (Blu-ray)
$6.46
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 04-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

There was a thread started, I can't find it right this second, might be buried somewhere so will post a link if I can find it. Apparently something will change, but not sure if the exact nature of the change was decided yet or not.

For the moment I myself still enter non-MA and non-UV items under UV, but obviously a global change such as is suggested above would be welcome.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
You may want to create this topic in the Feedback forum. They're not going to see it here, at least the people who have the ability to change site coding that is.
I do believe it was the Feedback Forum where it was originally posted, I just can't find that thread there at the moment.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #23

Jan 2011
Planet Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
I do believe it was the Feedback Forum where it was originally posted, I just can't find that thread there at the moment.
Yeah thatís where I was looking around that forum. But I couldnít find anything. So should I create a new thread there? Is there a way to move this thread?

Iím sorry I donít use the forums enough to be completely adept at them. I appreciate your time and advice in this!!!

Thanks again.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejello13 View Post
Yeah thatís where I was looking around that forum. But I couldnít find anything. So should I create a new thread there? Is there a way to move this thread?

Iím sorry I donít use the forums enough to be completely adept at them. I appreciate your time and advice in this!!!

Thanks again.
I think the moderation team can move the thread, you might ask them. Otherwise like shinobipopcorn says, yes, create a new thread there.
Thanks given by:
bluejello13 (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 02:35 AM   #25

Jan 2011
Planet Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
I think the moderation team can move the thread, you might ask them. Otherwise like shinobipopcorn says, yes, create a new thread there.
I found the other thread. Not sure how I missed it. But thank you for your help. I will delete this thread in a little bit. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your input and assistance. Take care folks.

Edit: I am realizing I have no idea how to delete the thread. Is this what a toddler feels like? So helpless? Hahahahahahaha. Ugh.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #26

Oct 2008
Aloha State

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejello13 View Post
I found the other thread. Not sure how I missed it. But thank you for your help. I will delete this thread in a little bit. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your input and assistance. Take care folks.
Could you plz post a link to the thread your talking about, thanks.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #27

Jan 2011
Planet Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara808 View Post
Could you plz post a link to the thread your talking about, thanks.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=314462
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
Nothing will be happening until at least summer. I don't think the MA section will go away. I don't want it to. As far as I know the only thing that would happen is the the word "Ultraviolet" will be changed to "Digital" or something similar. You should be safe to keep going. But you never know. It would be devastating to lose the MA section. But you have 5,000 MA titles there is less then 7,800 available titles. You have most of them. Nice.
I would like to suggest a sub-cagtegory field that users can choose like...

MoviesAnywhere
Vudu
iTunes
FandangoNow
Google Play
Microsoft
Funimation
Mill Creek

OR

Allow a blank entry field called "Redeemed" and user can enter whatever they want in that field and allow that field to be used for filter.
Thanks given by:
TheDean (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 02:46 AM   #29

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post

MoviesAnywhere
Vudu
iTunes
FandangoNow
Google Play
Microsoft
Funimation
Mill Creek

OR

Allow a blank entry field called "Redeemed" and user can enter whatever they want in that field and allow that field to be used for filter.
For Drafthouse too.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:38 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
Its going to be changes to "Digital" later this year. It can't be Vudu since it is used worldwide.

It is also used for FandangoNow, Google Play, and kaleidescape.

Here is a proposal of mine from earlier this month.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=5819

Right now only current UV eligible titles still display the UV logo. On August 1 they can all be set to no when the about of UV titles drops to 0.
I'm still hopeful when the changes take effect, we get something very similar to your idea, if not the exact thing. It seems to be the easiest way to add titles to our collection, instead of going into separate listings (Vudu, iTunes, Amazon) for those that are MA, just select all the retailers when we add them to our collection.
Thanks given by:
TheDean (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #31

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
I'm still hopeful when the changes take effect, we get something very similar to your idea, if not the exact thing. It seems to be the easiest way to add titles to our collection, instead of going into separate listings (Vudu, iTunes, Amazon) for those that are MA, just select all the retailers when we add them to our collection.
Me too. Its very annoying having to add a movie to three collections. When I'm pretty sure it cold all be done from one place.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #32
Expert Member

Jan 2014
The Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post

MoviesAnywhere
Vudu
iTunes
FandangoNow
Google Play
Microsoft
Funimation
Mill Creek

OR

Exactly. That's what I suggested a while ago. UV should be renamed to Digital. Then the different retailers can be options within each owned title.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #33

Nov 2009
Default The Digital Collection Dream post UltraViolet

Add links for

FUNimation
Mill Creek (MC Watch)
Drafthouse Films
Echo Bridge? (I have no experience with this)

In the Overview section. Rather than, or in addition to pages for "User reviews" "Collections" (redundant since you get collections when you click collections next to popularity) and "Forum" have individual specs pages for each provider. They don't all use the same master or aspect ratio all the time. We can list any extras that are included and anything special a provider has. For example, Vudu has a different version of The Santa Clause, that includes a short scene that has been cut from DVD and Blu-ray releases. I don't believe iTunes or MA have that version.

Would also be nice if we could upload provider specific art too.

This could be what pops up when we click "Add to Collection". We check all boxes that apply. If we check MA, iTunes, or AIV. Their respective database entries are added to our collections, so we don't have to add the same movie to 4 different collections. (include Echo Bridge and other. I forgot those)

Here in our collections
Have "Digital" between "DVD" and "iTunes". That shows every digital movie you own all in one place. After "Digital" Have "MA" "iTunes" "Vudu" "Google Play" "AIV" "FandangoNOW" "Microsoft" "Kaleidescape" "Xfinity" "FUNimation" "Mill Creek" "Drafthouse" "Other (Shout Factory and others?)"

These would only show if you choose to use them. Like it works now.

This would be a dream come true if something like this could happen. I recently started using the UV database to keep track of which movies i have in Google Play/YouTube and which ones are stuck in Vudu/FandangoNow. It made me wish i could see each provider separately.

Thank you
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum