Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ninja III: The Domination (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
 
Bumblebee / Transformers: 6-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
 
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
C$25.00
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
C$41.86
 
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
C$29.99
23 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
 
Men in Black: International 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.99
 
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
C$82.21
 
Black Hawk Down 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
 
Black Christmas (Blu-ray)
C$21.99
 
Vicious Lips (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #21
ThatArtGuy ThatArtGuy is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2007
242
3
1
-8
Default

It all depends on where you live. They tell the closest warehouse to ship to you. I live on Vancouver Island and they ship from Seattle, WA when I buy from them. I've never had customs with USPS from Amazon. Deep Discount on the other hand...

TAG
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Sukie (09-02-2014)
Old 02-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #22
Salinger Salinger is offline
Active Member
 
Salinger's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Toronto, ON
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
Hate to quote myself but i looked into having packages shipped to canada using amazon prime. There is a starting fee of $4.99 + # of blu-rays x 2.99. so in essense if you did a b2go deal you would have to pay $17 more just for shipping. now imho if you bought 6 or more then it would be worth your while.
You can't use Amazon Prime to ship to Canada. You can sign up for it as a Canadian, but if you are shipping directly to Canada, they'll tell you the address you chose is ineligible for Amazon Prime shipping.

Amazon.ca is cheap for some books, even compared to .com, but for Blu-rays? Don't even bother. They're a joke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #23
gooniesguy gooniesguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2008
179
-3.5
Canada Amazon.ca Blu-ray Deals!

Hey all,

I didn't see this one posted anywhere, but I could be wrong. Either way I thought I would pass these along, some are only DVD's but there are a couple (Tuesday and Friday) that have bluray's. I don't know the prices yet, but if the price is right I'm going to be picking up Rome on Friday

Monday: Seinfeld: The Complete Series on DVD

Tuesday: The Wrestler on BluRay

Wednesday: McLeod’s Daughters (Choose your season: 1-8) on DVD

Thursday: Extras: The Complete Series on DVD

Friday: Rome: The Complete Series on DVD or BluRay


It turns out it's supposed to be "50% off or more".. so maybe it will be a good deal afterall

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 11-15-2011 at 07:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
Rhylliam Rhylliam is offline
Contributor
 
Rhylliam's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
16
256
4391
3803
49
108
-6
Default

I really, really want Extras on DVD. Haven't seen the series, but feel it would be a worthy blind buy if the price is right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:42 AM   #25
Phazed Phazed is offline
Senior Member
 
Phazed's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Canada
3
392
17
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniesguy View Post
Hey all,

I didn't see this one posted anywhere, but I could be wrong. Either way I thought I would pass these along, some are only DVD's but there are a couple (Tuesday and Friday) that have bluray's. I don't know the prices yet, but if the price is right I'm going to be picking up Rome on Friday

Monday: Seinfeld: The Complete Series on DVD

Tuesday: The Wrestler on BluRay

Wednesday: McLeod’s Daughters (Choose your season: 1-8) on DVD

Thursday: Extras: The Complete Series on DVD

Friday: Rome: The Complete Series on DVD or BluRay


It turns out it's supposed to be "50% off or more".. so maybe it will be a good deal afterall
hoping for a good price on Rome; thanks for the heads up
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #26
andy5463 andy5463 is offline
Expert Member
 
andy5463's Avatar
 
May 2009
937
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniesguy View Post
Hey all,

I didn't see this one posted anywhere, but I could be wrong. Either way I thought I would pass these along, some are only DVD's but there are a couple (Tuesday and Friday) that have bluray's. I don't know the prices yet, but if the price is right I'm going to be picking up Rome on Friday

Monday: Seinfeld: The Complete Series on DVD

Tuesday: The Wrestler on BluRay

Wednesday: McLeod’s Daughters (Choose your season: 1-8) on DVD

Thursday: Extras: The Complete Series on DVD

Friday: Rome: The Complete Series on DVD or BluRay


It turns out it's supposed to be "50% off or more".. so maybe it will be a good deal afterall
Amazon is a great store and all, but their whole XX% off scam is a total crock. The "actual prices" are never what these items sell for, on amazon or anywhere else, so the % sadly doesn't mean anything...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #27
dexquisite1 dexquisite1 is offline
Member
 
dexquisite1's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
112
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5463 View Post
amazon is a great store and all, but their whole xx% off scam is a total crock. The "actual prices" are never what these items sell for, on amazon or anywhere else, so the % sadly doesn't mean anything...
+1
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #28
Trifid Trifid is offline
Special Member
 
Trifid's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Gallifrey/Earth/?
5
191
-5
Default

Just an OK deal for Seinfeld:

Seinfeld: The Complete Series (Box Set)

List Price: CDN$ 300.95
Price: CDN$ 109.99
You Save: CDN$ 190.96 (63%)

Looking at price history on the net this has sold for ~85 US on .com, so $110 CDN is warm, considering duty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #29
Banjo Banjo is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Banjo's Avatar
 
Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada
143
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5463 View Post
Amazon is a great store and all, but their whole XX% off scam is a total crock. The "actual prices" are never what these items sell for, on amazon or anywhere else, so the % sadly doesn't mean anything...
The Canadian MSRP of DVD and Blu-ray releases are often much higher than the US MSRP. So it's not really Amazon's fault that they are unable to make it as attractive as the US prices.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #30
andy5463 andy5463 is offline
Expert Member
 
andy5463's Avatar
 
May 2009
937
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
The Canadian MSRP of DVD and Blu-ray releases are often much higher than the US MSRP. So it's not really Amazon's fault that they are unable to make it as attractive as the US prices.
I'm not sure what the MSRP is on movies, but all I'm saying is, that the original prices at amazon are unrealistic. No one sells them at those prices.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #31
Banjo Banjo is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Banjo's Avatar
 
Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada
143
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5463 View Post
I'm not sure what the MSRP is on movies, but all I'm saying is, that the original prices at amazon are unrealistic. No one sells them at those prices.
Unfortunately, they do sell a lot of movies at these prices in a lot of stores. Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart, etc. New releases on Blu-ray are usually at least $29.99 plus HST. Wait until you see the prices of some movies at Sears.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series Box Set is $239.99 at Best Buy and Future Shop.

At the Sony Store, they were selling Friday the 13th (remake) at full retail price. I believe it was around $40 or so.

What a joke. Like I said, the MSRP in Canada is higher than the MSRP in the USA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #32
andy5463 andy5463 is offline
Expert Member
 
andy5463's Avatar
 
May 2009
937
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Unfortunately, they do sell a lot of movies at these prices in a lot of stores. Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart, etc. New releases on Blu-ray are usually at least $29.99 plus HST. Wait until you see the prices of some movies at Sears.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series Box Set is $239.99 at Best Buy and Future Shop.

At the Sony Store, they were selling Friday the 13th (remake) at full retail price. I believe it was around $40 or so.

What a joke. Like I said, the MSRP in Canada is higher than the MSRP in the USA.
Although I will agree that Amazon often has lower prices than most box stores, claiming the original price of Seinfeld to be $309.99 allows Amazon to claim a discount of 23%, even if they sell it for the same as best buy and future shop ($239.99).
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
chowdachad chowdachad is offline
Member
 
Mar 2009
130
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
I really, really want Extras on DVD. Haven't seen the series, but feel it would be a worthy blind buy if the price is right.
It is awesome. If you like British humor it will not disappoint, hell the Patrick Stewart episode is worth the price of admission so good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #34
thecardman23 thecardman23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
thecardman23's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada
8
1732
32
237
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
It is awesome. If you like British humor it will not disappoint, hell the Patrick Stewart episode is worth the price of admission so good.
lol! yes i did enjoy that episode more than others...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #35
percyhanna percyhanna is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2009
Calgary
43
615
1
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5463 View Post
Amazon is a great store and all, but their whole XX% off scam is a total crock. The "actual prices" are never what these items sell for, on amazon or anywhere else, so the % sadly doesn't mean anything...
Sounds like The Brick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
dexquisite1 dexquisite1 is offline
Member
 
dexquisite1's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
112
0
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifid View Post
Just an OK deal for Seinfeld:

Seinfeld: The Complete Series (Box Set)

List Price: CDN$ 300.95
Price: CDN$ 109.99
You Save: CDN$ 190.96 (63%)

Looking at price history on the net this has sold for ~85 US on .com, so $110 CDN is warm, considering duty.
I picked this box set up for $49.99 at Costco back in December (right before Christmas). Worked out to $99.99 (if you include the $50 Costco membership fee).
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #37
blurai blurai is offline
Special Member
 
Apr 2009
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexquisite1 View Post
I picked this box set up for $49.99 at Costco back in December (right before Christmas). Worked out to $99.99 (if you include the $50 Costco membership fee).
lol

for those of you who dont want to pay for a membership just ask for a bunch of gift certificates from someone you know and pay them the same amount or slightly more and then use one certificate per transaction (your allowed to then pay cash the difference)...unless they stopped allowing for this if you have a gift certificate you dont need a membership
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #38
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
67
74
-5
Default

I hate that amazon always uses the msrp as their base when applying discounts. Most B&M white sticker price is easily lower than msrp. Everytime I go to amazon and see links to shop for items 20-30% off, I end up just seeing Futureshop or Bestbuy's white sticker price on most items.

However, Amazon.ca "exaggerated savings % event" is usually pretty good for seasons or box set items. Last month for example Blade Trilogy on blu was $21.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #39
thecardman23 thecardman23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
thecardman23's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada
8
1732
32
237
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexquisite1 View Post
I picked this box set up for $49.99 at Costco back in December (right before Christmas). Worked out to $99.99 (if you include the $50 Costco membership fee).
dammit! i would have been ALL over that set for $50 bucks
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #40
Rhylliam Rhylliam is offline
Contributor
 
Rhylliam's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
16
256
4391
3803
49
108
-6
Default

The Seinfeld set in Winnipeg Costco stores were 99.99 + membership(bought a copy for my friend)... You sure about the 49.99?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.