Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.60
13 hrs ago
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Batman: Hush 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Batman: Hush (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$42.74
1 hr ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Anna 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
$18.96
7 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

The Curse of la Llorona (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage

View Poll Results: Who makes tbe best original French Fries?
McDonald's 22 28.21%
Burger King 7 8.97%
Wendy's 9 11.54%
Hardee's 2 2.56%
Chick-fil-A 10 12.82%
Arby's 5 6.41%
Other, Please list. 20 25.64%
In-N-Out 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #21

May 2008

Just can't eat these mortal fries after Chili's Texas Fries. 2000 calories of deliciousness.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #22

Dec 2010
-
-
-

McD's.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

All of you that have never experienced the marvelous deliciousness that is In-N-Out Burger have my sympathies.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

As I said, I've had fries at every place listed in the poll (and mentioned in the thread). It's no contest. In-N-Out is king!

BTW, Hardee's = Carl's Jr.

Mark
Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Wendy's, but if Five Guys is considered "fast food", then I'd give the winning vote to them.
Five Guys fries make me physically ill. I threw up. They're so ridiculously greasy. The bag is soaked.

I also refuse to eat anything at Wendy's anymore since they switched to those nasty sea salt fries. They're disgusting.

Burger King for me. Or McD's.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post
All of you that have never experienced the marvelous deliciousness that is In-N-Out Burger have my sympathies.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

As I said, I've had fries at every place listed in the poll (and mentioned in the thread). It's no contest. In-N-Out is king!
The problem with In-N-Out is their owner refuses to allow franchises so it's still only available in a few states. Next time I'm in Arizona (February or March) I'm definitely going to try In-N-Out. When I was down there in April I drove by an In-N-Out but decided not to go there but I've got to see if it lives up to the hype.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
The problem with In-N-Out is their owner refuses to allow franchises so it's still only available in a few states. Next time I'm in Arizona (February or March) I'm definitely going to try In-N-Out. When I was down there in April I drove by an In-N-Out but decided not to go there but I've got to see if it lives up to the hype.
For your first visit to In-N-Out, I recommend:

• Double-double with grilled onions (don't change anything else this first time)
• Fries (some like them well done, I prefer them regular)
• Favorite soft drink
• Vanilla shake (or chocolate if you must)

Once you are an experienced In-N-Out eater, you can get more creative:

Ultimate In-N-Out Secret Menu

But, trust me, you want to taste it the regular way BEFORE you start getting creative. I've tried a bunch of the secret menu options and I always come back to the regular Double-Double with grilled onions.

The reasons that In-N-Out is so good: ALWAYS fresh beef, NEVER frozen; burgers cooked from raw to order, none of that pre-cooked/reheated crap; hand-leafed lettuce, none of that shredded crap; their own recipe for their buns, delivered fresh daily; french fries are made from freshly cut whole potatoes IN THE RESTAURANT, you can actually watch them slice the potatoes moments before they go into the fryer.

BTW, the reason that In-N-Out won't franchise is because it's a family run business and they are committed to maintaining quality and an excellent restaurant experience. Example: In-N-Out pays their employees higher wages than any other fast food chain. Because of that, when you go into an In-N-Out the person helping you doesn't look like he might have just picked his nose and wiped it on his apron. The employees are friendly, cheerful, intelligent and they work FAST.

On top of that, In-N-Out is one of the least expensive burger joints. DRAMATICALLY less expensive than a place like Five Guys.

Mark

Last edited by MEB; 12-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #27
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Chik-Fil-A is awesome same with Arby's

Quote:
BTW, the reason that In-N-Out won't franchise is because it's a family run business and they are committed to maintaining quality and an excellent restaurant experience.
Price isn't high enough to get them to give in .
Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Plateau of Leng

I would say In-N-Out with the addendum that I have not tried Five Guys (it's not here).

McDonald's CAN POSSIBLY be second, but it's so unreliable as to whether or not you'll get their best.

Everything else is crap for regular fries (fast food wise).

Jack in the Box has the best Curly Fries IN THE WORLD!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #29
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

So basically In-N-Out is located out west?

We have Five Guys here too, and I tried their fries once. They were pretty good when they were soggy.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
For your first visit to In-N-Out, I recommend:

• Double-double with grilled onions (don't change anything else this first time)
• Fries (some like them well done, I prefer them regular)
• Favorite soft drink
• Vanilla shake (or chocolate if you must)

Once you are an experienced In-N-Out eater, you can get more creative:

Ultimate In-N-Out Secret Menu

But, trust me, you want to taste it the regular way BEFORE you start getting creative. I've tried a bunch of the secret menu options and I always come back to the regular Double-Double with grilled onions.

The reasons that In-N-Out is so good: ALWAYS fresh beef, NEVER frozen; burgers cooked from raw to order, none of that pre-cooked/reheated crap; hand-leafed lettuce, none of that shredded crap; their own recipe for their buns, delivered fresh daily; french fries are made from freshly cut whole potatoes IN THE RESTAURANT, you can actually watch them slice the potatoes moments before they go into the fryer.

BTW, the reason that In-N-Out won't franchise is because it's a family run business and they are committed to maintaining quality and an excellent restaurant experience. Example: In-N-Out pays their employees higher wages than any other fast food chain. Because of that, when you go into an In-N-Out the person helping you doesn't look like he might have just picked his nose and wiped it on his apron. The employees are friendly, cheerful, intelligent and they work FAST.

On top of that, In-N-Out is one of the least expensive burger joints. DRAMATICALLY less expensive than a place like Five Guys.

Mark
You are most definitely an In-N-Out connoisseur. I commend your dedication to that restaurant. I feel kind of bad for those who've never experienced an In-N-Out meal. I don't even eat fast food anymore (although I do eat a fair amount of junk food, in waves, as I am a huge fan of chips), but the fries from In-N-Out are a beautiful thing. My favorite thing about them is how they're cut right there, right in front of you. Nothing beats a freshly-cut-potato-straight-to-the-frier french fry. None of that frozen crap that comes out of a freezer bag.

When I was still eating fast food (many years ago at this point), I'd always thought their burgers were good, too. I probably wouldn't go as far as you do as praising their employees, but I would say that there's simply "something different" about the employees you see there when compared to a typical fast food joint like BK or McDonald's.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #31
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
So basically In-N-Out is located out west?

We have Five Guys here too, and I tried their fries once. They were pretty good when they were soggy.
Yep, had they been able to keep them crispy combined with the amount you get. Hands down #1
Old 12-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
I never heard of In-N-Out...
I thought that was
[Show spoiler]LeAnn's nickname for you!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
I thought that was
[Show spoiler]LeAnn's nickname for you!

Back to the topic at hand...
I've been to California twice, but I bypassed the fast-food chains in favour of restaurant dining. Now, after watching a host of travel shows and recommendations on this forum, I'll need to make a return trip out west to check out places like In-N-Out.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Don't know who to vote for on the poll, but I LOVED Wendy's fries BEFORE they went to the current sea salt ones. I'll probably still go with them.

Btw, I'd have to call BK the worst.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

Don't forget there are In-N-Out locations in Arizona, Utah, Texas (Dallas Ft. Worth area) and Nevada. There are several in Las Vegas. Whenever we are in Vegas we make a point to stop at the location on Tropicana right near I-15. Gotta support In-N-Out no matter where they are!

In-N-Out used to hand out bumper stickers with "IN-N-OUT" printed on the first line and "BURGER" printed right below that. Then someone figured out they could take a pair of scissors and cut off the "B" and the "R" of burger to change it to an "IN-N-OUT URGE" bumper sticker. That multiplied like wildfire across Southern California. I still occasionally see trucks with that bumper sticker on their rear window. Eventually, In-N-Out changed their bumper stickers to make it more difficult for such shenanigans.

Mark

Last edited by MEB; 12-01-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #36

May 2008

So, where is Whataburger on the list? They are privately owned like In-N-Out but have over 700 stores.

I've had both and highly prefer Whataburger. Plus I can go get a burger at 3 or 4 in the morning. Can't do that with In-N-Out.

Mmmmmmmm, triple triple with grilled onions and A-1 barbeque sauce....

Last edited by J.R._Beasley; 12-01-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Arby's curly fries.
Wow! good one...if curly fries count, then Arbys hands down... if they dont count. then theyre not in the running

Quote:
In-N-Out has the best fries. I've tried 'em all (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Steak & Shake, Five Guys, etc..etc.). In-N-Out fries are the best.

Mark
i cant believe all the love for In n Outs fries... i think they taste like

the only way to get the fries is animal style...theyre so dry and just blah imo...

Quote:
theyre pretty damn good man....personally, the only way to go is a double double animal style!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
You are most definitely an In-N-Out connoisseur. I commend your dedication to that restaurant. I feel kind of bad for those who've never experienced an In-N-Out meal. I don't even eat fast food anymore (although I do eat a fair amount of junk food, in waves, as I am a huge fan of chips), but the fries from In-N-Out are a beautiful thing. My favorite thing about them is how they're cut right there, right in front of you. Nothing beats a freshly-cut-potato-straight-to-the-frier french fry. None of that frozen crap that comes out of a freezer bag.

When I was still eating fast food (many years ago at this point), I'd always thought their burgers were good, too. I probably wouldn't go as far as you do as praising their employees, but I would say that there's simply "something different" about the employees you see there when compared to a typical fast food joint like BK or McDonald's.
to answer the question to the poll.... i cant even choose one...i like mcds....BK...and Wendys when their fries are on point....when they are bad... i dont like any of em...so depends on the batch... i have to eat them all at once to make a decision lol

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 12-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Burger King

KFC if wedges count
Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

I could eat MacDonald's fries all day if I could.

A close runner-up would be the curly fries from Arby's.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

In-N-Out is one of the most overrated places I've ever ate at. Tried it twice last year in Dallas. Just nothing to write home about IMO.

If I had to pick from the list I'd probably go with McDonald's fries. Wendy's was great before until they switched to the current sea salt. Gotta lay the salt to the McD's fries though. I'd rather have cheese sticks with a burger personally. lol
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage