Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Control (PS4)
$50.94

Judgment (PS4)
$39.99

Prey (PS4)
$7.99

Assassin's Creed III (PS4)
$19.99

Steins;Gate Elite (PS4)
$29.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$49.94

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PS4)
$29.99

The Hunter: Call of the Wild (PS4)
$19.93

Monster Hunter World: Iceborn (PS4)
$49.94

The Walking Dead: The Final Season (PS4)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$69.11

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-14-2016, 03:33 AM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

daysgoneps4.jpg

Day's Gone on PS4's 3rd person view is welcome. I like the hordes of zombies as if taken right out of World War Z the movie, as they leap over each other in swarms. The setting in the northwest with the pine forests and cold mountains, the motorcycle as the main vehicle, pretty cool. I have been waiting for this combination of things for the PS4 but it always ends up on another system, excluding PS3's Undead Nightmare RDR, which turned out much like I was hoping.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #42
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I still prefer the Dead Don't Ride to Days Gone. Everytime I say those words together I need to say by at the end.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

I was hoping this would have a different type of creature, like vampires as rumored, but the fact that this is an open world game is really cool. And that was Sam Witwer as the main guy!
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-15-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 AM   #44
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I still prefer the Dead Don't Ride to Days Gone. Everytime I say those words together I need to say by at the end.
Dead Don't Ride would get confused with the Norman Reedus game, though. Based on what we saw of that game, it could have the same name. And then with Reedus' new TV show.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Reminds me of a cross between Sons of Anarchy and The Last of us
Old 06-14-2016, 09:17 AM   #46
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

This graphically looks excellent & the gameplay intense. No slow-mo Zombies here.

Reminded me of that bad zombie Brad Pitt film.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #47
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I was most impressed with how there was no slow down or screen tearing with all those zombies on screen, maybe they were running it on NEO spec hardware
Old 06-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
I think that's exactly what they're going for
Old 06-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #49
Power Member

Aug 2008

Despite the excellent setting and narrative in the non-gameplay trailer, this game's gameplay segment is the only one in Sony's show I feel got awfully boring and unimpressive from the moment the (Yawn, once again...) "zombies" started chasing the player. Mainly because it's zombies AGAIN, but the whole thing just seemed off to me.

There are a few moments when they are right up in his face, and he strolled right past them. There is no lunging, no leaping, no pouncing, nothing. Not even a stiff arm...and for creatures that seemed to be fast and feral at first, that's just...dumb and inconsistent. Especially considering that one he popped before climbing up on the roof lunged at him from what, 5-10 feet away, and looked to be going for his throat / neck right off the bat.

That bit on the last roof, right before he walks onto that bridge just makes no sense at all. It's like they simply ignore the guy while they are clearly well within grabbing / snapping / lunging range. Aaaand then there's the seemingly unlimited supply of magazines for his assault rifle........

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not criticizing the game's sense of "realism", because that would be silly. However, game developers strive to create believable worlds for us to get lost and immersed in, no matter how unrealistic and fantastic said worlds may be. So presenting us with (yet another) post-zombie-outbreak-apocalypse world in which the zombies aren't sure if they want to eat you or not, or might just get lazy from time to time, and where you have to scavenge for supplies but not for ammo because reasons............well.....

Let's hope the blind, slippery zombies and unlimited ammo were purposely done that way for the sake of "interesting" reveal gameplay. It would be a damn shame if the finished product ends up like more of what I saw here, because the environment does look great and the whole MC thing obviously has great potential in terms of narrative.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

I am almost certain that they had some kind of cheat turned on for the purposes of the demo. He literally bumped right into a zombie on the rooftop and nothing happened to him. These press conferences are pressed for time and it would have sucked if he died and had to start over.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

This looked pretty and all but everything else about it seems very uninspired to me
Old 06-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

I thought it was pretty clear they were in some kind of developer mode rather than the base game.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
I thought it was pretty clear they were in some kind of developer mode rather than the base game.
Exactly. it was a stage demo. They put on god mode, infinite ammo and turned off the enemy A.I. This was about showcasing the game's mechanics and universe
Old 06-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #54
Power Member

Aug 2008

Right...because enemy AI in a zombie game isn't a crucial part of the game's mechanics, despite the very nature of the game relying on said AI to provide the player with the gameplay required to make said mechanics relevant.

If that's the logic behind this gameplay segment, I suppose we should be glad to finally be given a chance to watch a guy looting a chest, climbing crates in a warehouse and crawling underneath a truck. All of that in third person, even. Those mechanics sure are exciting.

God mode is one thing. Turning enemy AI off is a different story. Compare it to Zero Dawn's gameplay segment. That was a real demonstration of what the game is like. Plenty of focus on the world, the main character, the enemies and gameplay. I am sure God mode was enabled here, too. The girl taking that beast down and hacking (?) it to be able to ride it is a game mechanic, and in that context....there were no mechanics to speak of in the Days Gone segment. It was just a guy...running from zombies.......
Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
I was most impressed with how there was no slow down or screen tearing with all those zombies on screen, maybe they were running it on NEO spec hardware
I almost thought the same but then saw it was in a controlled environment. Not free roam.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

who's the voice actor?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Exactly!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:18 AM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Quote:
As much as I was puckering up watching the gameplay video, I can only imagine how fun playing it myself will be. This, Spider-Man, and God of War, oh my god. PS4 exclusives are not ****ing around at E3.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

Graphically, it's very impressive, but I would be lying if I said that the idea of playing YET ANOTHER ZOMIE game appealed to me - at all.

It does not. What happened to originality? I know games are expensive to make,and they want a 'sure thing' but zombies are tired as hell.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #60
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Looking forward to walking through the forests in free roam or hopefully riding the freeways on the motorcycle. The zombies will hopefully be spread out enough that they're not a constant threat every second.

Quote:
Days Gone By. Sounds complete. I agree, it takes a little getting used to with the title. Original title though IMO. I would have never thought of zombies with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
I was hoping this would have a different type of creature, like vampires as rumored, but the fact that this is an open world game is really cool. And that was Sam Witwer as the main guy!
A new creature would be cool.
I'm kind of relieved they're not shadow creatures as in Alan Wake, also in the forest setting. Those things were tough when they tossed heavy objects around. Maybe that's why I didn't like the shadow creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Shroud View Post
There are a few moments when they are right up in his face, and he strolled right past them. There is no lunging, no leaping, no pouncing, nothing. Not even a stiff arm...and for creatures that seemed to be fast and feral at first, that's just...dumb and inconsistent. Especially considering that one he popped before climbing up on the roof lunged at him from what, 5-10 feet away, and looked to be going for his throat / neck right off the bat.
Was wondering how he slipped by also. Would be good if it turned the player to the left as the zombie smacked the player with the hand on that side.

Originality doesn't always equal fun, but I see what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
I am almost certain that they had some kind of cheat turned on for the purposes of the demo. He literally bumped right into a zombie on the rooftop and nothing happened to him. These press conferences are pressed for time and it would have sucked if he died and had to start over.
That's true.
For Honor, that guy kept getting hit and wasn't blocking with the sword. I was wondering if he was going to make it through the demo.

I wonder if you get bit, you have to find an antidote within a day's time? I really hope it's not a timed game, like the 72 hour mode of Dead Rising. I'm not a fan of timers in an open world. Arcade games yes, timers are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
who's the voice actor?
Blu-Curry mentioned it's Sam Witwer as the main guy. I know him from Force Unleashed SW, Darth Maul The Clone Wars, Darth Vader Battlefront? And The Mist (Stephen King movie).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Witwer
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-15-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4