Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Control (PS4)
$50.94

Judgment (PS4)
$39.99

Assassin's Creed III (PS4)
$19.99

Steins;Gate Elite (PS4)
$29.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$49.94

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
Monster Hunter World: Iceborn (PS4)
$49.94

The Walking Dead: The Final Season (PS4)
$19.99

Wreckfest (PS4)
$33.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$49.94

The Hunter: Call of the Wild (PS4)
$19.93

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$69.11

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-07-2015, 05:32 AM   #21
Banned

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en082 View Post
I love the Rock Band games. Day 1 purchase.

What is weird is that they confirmed no keyboard and no pro guitar. There will be pro drums. But with Rocksmith being successful, I figured they would go 100% with real guitar as well as plastic guitar. Oh, well. Guess I'll never learn guitar.
It's because Rocksmith is successful that they've dropped real guitar support. One of the developers stated that Rocksmith did that aspect better so they don't want to compete with it.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
It's because Rocksmith is successful that they've dropped real guitar support. One of the developers stated that Rocksmith did that aspect better so they don't want to compete with it.
Personally I think that's a mistake. As a former Rock Band/current Rocksmith player, I can tell you without question that it disappoints me that RB4 isn't going to have real guitar support and the omission of that feature WILL be a factor in my decision as to whether I even buy this game or not. I wouldn't even care if RB4 didn't do that aspect better. That's not even the point. The point is that 1.) I already have a real guitar that I could use with this game and frankly I don't care to invest in and have plastic toy guitars lying around my house anymore and 2.) It just feels far more rewarding and looks far less foolish to use reals instruments instead of fake ones. The fact that they're basically saying "well another game does it better so we're not even going to try" just pisses me off. So what if another game does that aspect better? There are aspects of Rock Band that are far better than Rocksmith like with band/character creation, career mode, presentation, etc. Adding at least the OPTION of using a real guitar would only help this game.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Unfortunately I won't be making the transition to Rock Band 4 since all my songs and instruments are on the XBox 360 and I'm not getting an XB1. Oh well.

So has Activision announced 18 Guitar Hero titles to beat Rock Band 4 to the shelves?
Thanks given by:
ariakon (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 11:14 PM   #24
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
So has Activision announced 18 Guitar Hero titles to beat Rock Band 4 to the shelves?
I wouldn't mind Activision getting back into it. Competetion is good. After they split, Harmonix got lazy imo.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:09 AM   #25

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Unfortunately I won't be making the transition to Rock Band 4 since all my songs and instruments are on the XBox 360 and I'm not getting an XB1. Oh well.

I thought I read somewhere that the songs and instruments would be able to be used on next ten systems? Don't hold me to it thoigh
Old 03-18-2015, 03:44 AM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelinaKyle View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the songs and instruments would be able to be used on next ten systems? Don't hold me to it thoigh
Harmonix said they can't make any promises but that they were working to find a solution to this problem. They will have a new line-up of instruments for the RB4 release.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelinaKyle View Post
Official news is that the old songs will carry over by way of a free-redownload process; ie. if you bough the song on the PS3, you can redownload it on PS4 once it's been ported and put up on the store. They said they intend to port almost every song from before, including RBN songs.

For instruments, they said they will work on a way to make 7th gen instruments work on 8th gen systems.

The 1 thing they can't do is cross-console DLC; Buying a song for PS3 allows it to be used in Rock Band 4 for PS4, but not for XBox1. Similarly, buying the song on the 360 won't make it free to redownload on PS4.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #28
Special Member

Jan 2008
Texas, USA

I'm totally pre-ordering this first chance I get. My PS3 is wanting to crap out on me and I was really worried I would lose all those songs I purchased. Thankfully Harmonix is going the same route as SingStar and allowing us to re-download our PS3 songs onto the PS4. Huge relief.

While they won't be doing real guitars, this doesn't really bother me too much even tho I did finally buy the real guitar that was made for RB3. It works with Rocksmith and I just got Rocksmith 2014 so if I can ever make my fingers work properly to learn a real guitar I will try out Rocksmith more. But I look at Rocksmith as more of a learning tool while Rock Band is more of a party game to play when you just want to relax and have fun. Not to mention authoring tracks on real guitar is very time consuming and much more expensive so I would guess if they decided to add in pro-guitar/bass support later on it will be an Add-on like it was in RB3 to keep costs of songs down. That being said, I am sad Keys will not be supported. Never was very good at the keyboard but there are plenty of songs that have keys/piano parts that are epic and taking that functionality away seems counter-productive.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #29
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

First Band Announced

Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #30
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

^

Have that.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

This is week old news but caught my eye for the first time.

Quote:
Hey gang,

Quick heads up: the export offer for Green Day Rock Band will only be available until April 30th. As with previous exports and past DLC take downs, if you have already exported GDRB then you will be unaffected and the songs will remain in your set list.

If you have not exported GDRB in the last 5 years and you would like those songs in your main RB library, you should export as soon as possible. If you're unable to export, or if you're looking for a way to get these songs after April 30th, several Green Day DLC albums, packs, and singles will still be available so you'll still be able to recreate the setlist that way.
Maybe not all exports will be available Day 1 for RB4 or none at all.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:32 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT

Rock Band 4 news emerges: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...need-ign-first

Harmonies on all the old songs =

And I am especially curious about new drum fills and singer freedoms.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #33
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
One after another, everyone I talked to at Harmonix said virtually the same thing when I asked them why they felt the time is right for the four-player, plastic-instrument-wielding multiplayer music game to return: they miss playing it with their friends.

That the developers themselves want Rock Band back for the same reason I do – and are just as excited about it – comforts, reassures, and energizes me. This is a studio intimately familiar with the feelings of synergy, empowerment, and joy that stem from playing live music with and in front of other people – they were founded in 1995 and many of their employees still play in active, touring bands. And as anyone who has been to a great rock concert (like Springsteen’s) knows, when the group puts that much enthusiasm into the performance, the result is a show you’ll probably never forget.
That's awesome.

I noticed they mention 2,000 songs in the article & that makes me wonder if they are ditching the RBN songs? I hope not, there are some good artists in there.

I suck at drums, decent on guitar & vocals so I am too curious how the harmonies will play out. Also if there will be a dedicated "Tour" mode. I miss that mode from RB2 & RB3 was very half-@ssed at it.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
That's awesome.

I noticed they mention 2,000 songs in the article & that makes me wonder if they are ditching the RBN songs? I hope not, there are some good artists in there.
They said they would port the RBN songs to RB4 as well, but after the regular DLC.

The first few tracks from the on-disc setlist have been revealed:

Hail to the King /Avenged Sevenfold
You Make Loving Fun /Fleetwood Mac
Lazaretto /Jack White
Somebody Told Me /The Killers
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong /Spin Doctors
The Seeker /The Who
Old 05-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
They said they would port the RBN songs to RB4 as well, but after the regular DLC.

The first few tracks from the on-disc setlist have been revealed:

Hail to the King /Avenged Sevenfold
You Make Loving Fun /Fleetwood Mac
Lazaretto /Jack White
Somebody Told Me /The Killers
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong /Spin Doctors
The Seeker /The Who
Edit

Heard some of these barely in the stream. I think I like me all except Jack White.

Last edited by Derb; 05-16-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Found other info..
Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #36
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I watched the ign stream in full.

That was painful. 4 loud commentators over 4 plastic instrument over the song track not to mention the vocalist.

Ok so "Shepherd Of Fire" was the last RB3 Avenged song, my bad.

- No RBN Support. (Was not too much of a surprise because they kept saying over 2,000 songs for RB4 when in fact there is over 4,200 if they included RBN.)

One of the last questions in the stream answered my question.

- There is no Song cap. As many songs as you can cram on your HDD, its all good.

- Apparently they have better software now to "auto" calibrate their newer instruments to your tv & Mad Cats has made several improvements to them.

- Any instrument that worked with RB3 (minus keys & Ion for now) should work with RB4. All PS3 gear was tested on RB4 Pre-Alpha software. Basically it's kinda a Mad Cats cash-grab unless you want better instruments.

- All exports confirmed Day 1 (Might wanna hang onto your RB3 booklet just in case, Note: No Beatles)

- Any future DLC plans will not occur until after the game has launched. (Basically meaning they want to know if Rock Band will sell to this generation first.)

- Lastly Rock Band 4 was made on a new engine & will not be released on PS3 & Xbox 360. (I think I heard Wii U was out too.)
Old 06-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

This doesn't really tell you much about the game, but I had to share it anyway as it is the most bizarre "preview" of a game I've ever read in my entire life.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #38
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
- All exports confirmed Day 1 (Might wanna hang onto your RB3 booklet just in case, Note: No Beatles)

- Any future DLC plans will not occur until after the game has launched. (Basically meaning they want to know if Rock Band will sell to this generation first.)

- Lastly Rock Band 4 was made on a new engine & will not be released on PS3 & Xbox 360. (I think I heard Wii U was out too.)
Damn, the only Rock Band 1,2 & 3 data I still have is the game saves from the Cloud. I wonder if we can redownload all of our song purchases made from the Store though?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaice View Post
Damn, the only Rock Band 1,2 & 3 data I still have is the game saves from the Cloud. I wonder if we can redownload all of our song purchases made from the Store though?
Yes; anything on your account can be re-DLed, and sometime soon, all the songs will be redownloadable on PS4 as well for the purpose of playing them in Rock Band 4
Old 06-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #40
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Yes; anything on your account can be re-DLed, and sometime soon, all the songs will be redownloadable on PS4 as well for the purpose of playing them in Rock Band 4
Yassssss!!! I figured as much but you never know until you ask. Thanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4