Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.60
4 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Anna 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

Betty Blue (Blu-ray)
$27.37
12 hrs ago
Killjoys: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$62.99

The Curse of la Llorona (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 09-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #41

Oct 2011
Orlando, FL

Here's a coded mockup of the icon idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion0000 View Post
For the bold in menus, perhaps they could add after the county logo a tiny version of the Movie Collection icon / the new wishlist shopping cart icon to designate the visual difference between the two while keeping both bold.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #42

Mar 2013
Utah
-
-
-

Minor request: Could you consider adding a direct link to the Wishlist from the main page? Perhaps it could be in the "My Blu-ray.com" panel under "My Movies" (where Watched, Watchlist, Ratings, etc. are located). Now that we will be relying on the Wishlist more instead of the Price Tracker it would be nice to have easier, front-page access to the list.

My personal preference would be that the "Add to collection" and "Add to Wishlist" would be separate icons under the cover image, but I can get by with a drop-down if that is not feasible.

Thanks for all you do to make this such an excellent website, programmers!
Old 09-27-2018, 05:54 PM   #43
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by r004 View Post
Would you please fix it so that every Blu-ray can be marked as "not interested". This would make the sort by lowest price a lot more useful. Sure, most of the Blu-rays can be marked as not interested, but none of the multi movie items and a fair number of single Blu-rays (e.g. most of the Gravitas releases)

Thanks.
This might be trickier to do than it first sounds, we'll see what we can come up with.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #44
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Romberg View Post
Minor request: Could you consider adding a direct link to the Wishlist from the main page? Perhaps it could be in the "My Blu-ray.com" panel under "My Movies" (where Watched, Watchlist, Ratings, etc. are located). Now that we will be relying on the Wishlist more instead of the Price Tracker it would be nice to have easier, front-page access to the list.

My personal preference would be that the "Add to collection" and "Add to Wishlist" would be separate icons under the cover image, but I can get by with a drop-down if that is not feasible.

Thanks for all you do to make this such an excellent website, programmers!

We'll rework the adding of titles to wishlist/collection soon to make things faster and easier to use, same thing for accessing the features, bare with us and thanks for all the feedback
Old 09-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #45

Dec 2008
Garner, NC
-
-
-

Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I can't seem to get the almost 200 DVD titles I had in the Price Tracker to import into my Wishlist. On top of that, when I add them manually and click on Collection -> Wishlist, I can't get them to show up in my Wishlist. I have to do a search for the title, click on it, click on the Cart, and then click on Go for them to show up. Then, when I click on Collection again the DVDs go away. I know that there used to be headings under Collection for DVD & 4K but now there are only Complete and Blu-ray headings listed. Also, all of the 4k titles are showing up under Blu-ray. Can someone please shed some light on what, if anything, I am missing or doing wrong here?
Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 PM   #46

Jan 2013
-
-

Even just making all single blu-ray packages able to be marked as "not interested" would help a lot.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 PM   #47

Sep 2013
-

ditto. my dvd titles from PT did not convert/copy over to the wishlist either.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #48

Oct 2011
Orlando, FL

My dvds did copy over into the wishlist, however viewing their item pages does not indicate that they're in the collection/wishlist like they do on the blu-ray pages. So right now I can't remove a dvd from the wishlist.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #49

Feb 2011
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwin View Post
We'll rework the adding of titles to wishlist/collection soon to make things faster and easier to use, same thing for accessing the features, bare with us and thanks for all the feedback
When modifying the wishlist hopefully you will maintain the ability to create custom wishlists as well as the default. I like to go to the deals or lowest prices page and filter by wishlist and have all my wishlists show up when filtering by wishlist.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:44 AM   #50

Mar 2010
Maryland, USA

More store options for price tracking when you enhance wishlists would be great, along with emails again when the price is hit. I get lazy about checking the site when I'm busy. Thanks for quickly trying to fix this Amazon screwup.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #51

Jun 2010
Default Beyond Despair

It's still not clear to me exactly what the Amazon violation is. There are at least three capabilities that have been removed, but it's not clear to me whether they all needed to be. The first is a pricing history function where I can look at a graph of the historical price of the blu-ray. The second is being able add the item as a sort of wish list item. And the third is the ability to set a personal threshold at which I might be interested in purchasing the blu-ray. So which of these capabilities is the source of the problem?

Personally, I could live without the price history function as long as I had a way to pick blu-rays I was interested in and assign a price threshold at which I might buy.

Blu-ray.com can obviously display the current price, so why can't it add it's own internal customer-supplied price threshold?

I've tried using the site without this function and I hate to say it, but I'm finding the site of little use to me without this capability.

Does anyone have any insight about the actual problem?
Thanks given by:
PaulMe (09-30-2018), vettesweetnos (09-29-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
Send a message via AIM to saprano

I thought the price tracker was staying except it wouldn't have alerts and not be able to add new titles anymore? That's how i read Marwin's post.

I would have been fine with that honestly.

Just realised how useful it was with it now completely gone. Amazon is going to lose alot of impulse buys from this site.
Thanks given by:
vettesweetnos (09-29-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 04:56 PM   #53

Oct 2011
Orlando, FL

Pricing History has been from BestBuy. It would be nice if they still showed that, however if you view the Best Buy version of the page you can still view it's history with the graph icon next to the List price. Add ?retailerid=2 to the end of an item's URL to go to Best Buy version. It would be also nice if there was a way to switch between stores more easily on an item page.

Sample: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Solo-.../?retailerid=2

They could still have price tracking and alerts for Amazon, but that would require to remove all tracking and links to every other site that is tracked according to what was previously stated. So it's either only just Amazon, or everyone else.

Perhaps they could broker a deal with camelcamelcamel to directly link to their site's item pages for tracking (when you have an account there). Right now I just click the buy on Amazon link then use my camel browser extension to set my price tracking.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #54

Dec 2008
Garner, NC
-
-
-

Well the DVD link under My Collection was there all day and now it's gone . . . again.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #55

Mar 2013
Utah
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdaddyman View Post
Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I can't seem to get the almost 200 DVD titles I had in the Price Tracker to import into my Wishlist. On top of that, when I add them manually and click on Collection -> Wishlist, I can't get them to show up in my Wishlist.
The Wishlish keeps Blu-ray and DVD separate instead of together (like the Prince Tracker). Find the gray bar on the Collection section that has these options: "Complete | 4K | Blu-ray | DVD" and select DVD to see your DVD tiles. That will result both your Owned and Wishlist in the same result, so you can then additionally click on Wishlist to filter it it just your DVD wishlist items.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:04 AM   #56

Dec 2008
Garner, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Romberg View Post
The Wishlish keeps Blu-ray and DVD separate instead of together (like the Prince Tracker). Find the gray bar on the Collection section that has these options: "Complete | 4K | Blu-ray | DVD" and select DVD to see your DVD tiles. That will result both your Owned and Wishlist in the same result, so you can then additionally click on Wishlist to filter it it just your DVD wishlist items.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the 4K and DVD headings are not showing up under my profile now for some reason. What's strange is that yesterday morning they were all showing. Yesterday afternoon, the Complete and Blu-ray headings were the only ones showing. This morning the Complete, Blu-ray, and DVD headings were showing but this evening only the Complete and Blu-ray headings are showing. I'm using Firefox.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:05 AM   #57
Banned

Jun 2018

How in hell do I delete my "wishlist" or for that matter my entire "collection"?

After I noticed the price tracker was broken, I tentatively clicked through the site's option of adding those titles to a "wishlist" (never used this feature before) -- but they're not just on the "wishlist" now, they're also in "watched" and "collection" and who knows where else. I see no way of deleting these titles, either individually or en masse.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:39 AM   #58

Feb 2011
San Diego

In Blu-ray collection I can select individual movies or select all on the bottom left of the page and then select delete. I am using Windows Explorer.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #59
Banned

Jun 2018

Ah, thanks very much
Old 09-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post
The coming improvements to Wishlists is appreciated. My two recommendations:

1) Getting to the wishlist current requires that you click on your collection and then click on wishlist at the top. Why not put Wishlist as a one-click category on the right, just like Watchlist, etc.

2) Items in your wishlist are in BOLD text in the search dropdown. They shouldn't be.

When I'm out shopping for deals, I always refer to my Blu-ray.com collection to make sure I don't end up buying a title I already own. The way I do that is start typing the name of the title in the search box. If I see the title in question in BOLD in the dropdown, I know I already own it.

With Wishlist titles showing up in BOLD too, now, at first glance, it appears I already own them. This is an example:
[Show spoiler]

'Eighth Grade' isn't available yet. I just added it to my Wishlist. Yet, when I start typing the title in the search box it shows up in BOLD, just like all of the titles I already own.

Wishlist titles should either show up as plain text in the search box or, better, show up in italics. That way it would be easy to differentiate owned vs wishlist titles before you even complete the search. With both of them bold, that means I'd have to actually click on the title in the search to see if the little shopping cart icon is visible (which is what shows for Wishlist titles).

You may think... no big deal, just click the title to be sure. But sometimes I'm searching dozens of titles when I'm shopping during a big sale (Target 10% off all movies Cartwheel or B&N Criterion Sale, etc.) and those extra steps for each title would add up to aggravation.

My two cents, now that Amazon has STUPIDLY screwed the pooch once again.

Mark
This is party of the reason why I hadn't used the wishlist feature in the past. It's considered a subsection of my "collection" but it shouldn't be - I own nothing in that list. It should be it's own completely separate section/list. My OCD flares up big time and I don't want to add something I want to "my collection".

I also usually click on my 4K or BD collection from the home page, and it's sorted by recently added so I can see what I bought this week and make sure it was added. Except wishlist stuff counts towards those links, despite not being owned. I just can't use that feature that way, there's no reason to me it should be included as my "collection" which results in the bold font in the dropdown too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum