Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Matrix Trilogy (iTunes)
$14.97

The Matrix (iTunes)
$4.99

The Matrix Reloaded (iTunes)
$4.99

Drag Me to Hell (iTunes)
$4.99

The Matrix Revolutions (iTunes)
$4.99

Replicas (iTunes)
$4.99

Alita: Battle Angel (iTunes)
$12.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$12.99

Bram Stoker's Dracula (iTunes)
$4.99

The Transporter (iTunes)
$4.99

Point Break (iTunes)
$4.99

Chicken Run (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Streaming Movies

Old 10-27-2018, 06:35 PM   #41
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzzzz View Post
I love your avatar. Freaks is probably my most wanted blu-ray now that The Thing From Another World is getting released. I see that you are an expert member. I'm not sure if that means you are in the industry or not but I was wondering if you had any insight into who has Freaks? At first I thought Criterion would release it but now I am thinking WAC will. I would prefer Criterion because I believe they would add new extras. Thanks in advance...
I'm not in the industry, just someone who sees and buys a lot of movies . At least you can see "Freaks" in HD from most of the major streaming services (and it does look decent in HD). The one sought-after Warner title not on BD, not even on DVD, and only available to steam in SD, is the silent classic "Greed."
Thanks given by:
Rzzzz (10-28-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #42
Power Member

Feb 2017

Obviously this was disappointing news to begin with, but this business move just bothers me the more I think about it.

AT&T just recently acquired TimeWarner, I think. So this is just a massive corporation absorbing into another one and closing an extremely valuable service - in the cultural and educational sense - because there's not enough money to be made.

I can understand that a faceless corporation doesn't entirely "owe" us anything, to a degree. With the juxtaposition of their vast amounts of cash and the public service that this service provides though, I truly do think it's just common decency that TimeWarner should keep this service going for another year. Although, there's no telling what their new, vaguely-described, streaming service will involve in a year, I can't help but be pessimistic about it carrying over so much of this archive.

Meanwhile, DC Universe streaming is up and going and it's cool that it provides its own value to that audience. I subscribed for a month but now I'm resolute in not taking it any further than that. It's just kind of awful and loathsome that it feels like they're opening up a comic book store while shutting down a library.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:12 AM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
I can understand that a faceless corporation doesn't entirely "owe" us anything, to a degree.
You're forgetting that in a democracy, people ought to have a say... yes, even when it arguably may have an impact on a company's bottom line.

If we had a Congress that cared about cultural issues, like film preservation and access to the film libraries that exist, they could do something about it... make it so that the public would have some kind of access, to the extent that is technologically possible, to the cultural assets owned by big companies.

There's no reason such a law couldn't exist, except... that most congresspeople are beholden to Big Money, of course.

In a slightly different type of society, people could put enough pressure on their legislators so that they enacted laws for the public benefit, even if it made humongous conglomerates slightly less profitable...
Old 10-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
Obviously this was disappointing news to begin with, but this business move just bothers me the more I think about it.

AT&T just recently acquired TimeWarner, I think. So this is just a massive corporation absorbing into another one and closing an extremely valuable service - in the cultural and educational sense - because there's not enough money to be made.

I can understand that a faceless corporation doesn't entirely "owe" us anything, to a degree. With the juxtaposition of their vast amounts of cash and the public service that this service provides though, I truly do think it's just common decency that TimeWarner should keep this service going for another year. Although, there's no telling what their new, vaguely-described, streaming service will involve in a year, I can't help but be pessimistic about it carrying over so much of this archive.

Meanwhile, DC Universe streaming is up and going and it's cool that it provides its own value to that audience. I subscribed for a month but now I'm resolute in not taking it any further than that. It's just kind of awful and loathsome that it feels like they're opening up a comic book store while shutting down a library.
If WM is making that fancy new service next year, DC maybe gone, too. Iím sure their original shows will be headed there.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Streaming Movies