Best Vudu Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
15 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99
 
Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$12.99
16 hrs ago
Leave No Trace (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64
 
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00
 
Disobedience (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Glass (Blu-ray)
$12.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
ScottMcDaniel ScottMcDaniel is offline
Member
 
Jan 2009
on Twitter, @mcdev
58
Default Is Indiana Jones UV?

I ask because I dont see the logo on vudu or fandangonow, and with their coupon code today, FN is 20% off everything. Figured if it is full uv, this would be a good time to grab the collection. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
bfett9 bfett9 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
83
Default

They are not UV, only way to get a digital copy of Indiana Jones is via the iTunes code in the Blu ray sets, or by buying them via walmart and getting them via Instant Watch on Vudu.

They are technically owned by Disney now, so they may go DMA eventually but I do not know for sure.

If you buy on F-NOW they will only be there.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
They are not UV, only way to get a digital copy of Indiana Jones is via the iTunes code in the Blu ray sets, or by buying them via walmart and getting them via Instant Watch on Vudu.

They are technically owned by Disney now, so they may go DMA eventually but I do not know for sure.

If you buy on F-NOW they will only be there.
For clarity, you can also purchase them outright from iTunes or Vudu.

Paramount owns the distribution rights for the first 4 films, so Disney would have to cut a deal with them to get them into DMA, not out of the realm of possibility.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
bfett9 bfett9 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
For clarity, you can also purchase them outright from iTunes or Vudu.

Paramount owns the distribution rights for the first 4 films, so Disney would have to cut a deal with them to get them into DMA, not out of the realm of possibility.
They did buy out the marvel contract so not out of the question
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
23
2244
2076
8
Default

Is Indiana Jones Ultraviolet? No, but since The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, he's slightly radioactive. But he's not irredeemable ...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cdooley (09-07-2016), hanshotfirst1138 (05-16-2019), mertz523 (09-08-2016), ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

To clarify...

Disney does not own the first four Indiana Jones films, Paramount keeps those as Paramount funded and distributed them. Disney did make a deal with Paramount for the future films as those have not been funded yet. Paramount will still get a payment from Disney as Paramount retained distribution rights to the franchise.

Marvel Studios was different: Marvel funded the films and signed a distribution deal with Paramount. When Disney bought Marvel, they ended up making a deal with Paramount to take over distribution. Disney pays them in exchange for distributing the films up to Iron Man 3. Disney was not able to make such a deal for The Incredible Hulk and it's inclusion in the Phase 1 set is a licensing deal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #7
Scarab Scarab is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
USA
82
1376
447
2520
1
Default

If iTunes is linked to DMA, will they end up in your DMA library?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
If iTunes is linked to DMA, will they end up in your DMA library?
The Indiana Jones films?

No. Because Disney does not own the first four films and they won't own them unless they give Paramount enough money to pry them from their hands.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #9
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
115
687
68
679
3
53
Default

Not that it's a big concern but I'm wondering why KOTCS isn't IW but the other 3 are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #10
Scarab Scarab is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
USA
82
1376
447
2520
1
Default

I thought they were also DMA titles. Disney doesn't own Star Wars Episode 4 either but it is a DMA title.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #11
master gandhi master gandhi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
master gandhi's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
United States
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
I thought they were also DMA titles. Disney doesn't own Star Wars Episode 4 either but it is a DMA title.
It actually is not. It's the only numbered Star Wars movie that's not DMA. It is UV, though. I have it on iTunes, but nowhere else.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #12
Scarab Scarab is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
USA
82
1376
447
2520
1
Default

So how do you get the Bluray and UV copies without buying them twice for full price?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #13
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
So how do you get the Bluray and UV copies without buying them twice for full price?
OK.

To clarify:

None of the Indiana Jones films are UV compatible. Whatever service you buy them in, is where you have to watch it.

You could buy the Raiders and Temple BDs direct from Vudu and they'll be in your Vudu library only. Or you could hunt down the copies at Walmart and hope for Instawatch to work. Or you buy it twice: BD and Vudu/Fandango Now/Cinemanow.

As for Star Wars, you have to buy them twice. Eps I - III, V, and VI are distributed digitally by Lucasfilm and Disney chose to add them to Disney Movies Anywhere. Eps IV is distributed digitally by Fox and is UV compatible. The Complete Collection (I - VI) is digitally distributed by Lucasfilm with a license fee paid to Fox.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
stonesfan129 stonesfan129 is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
Wisconsin
122
10
1
Default

The Blu-rays come with an iTunes code? Did not know that. Will have to get my cases out of storage and check them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
The Blu-rays come with an iTunes code? Did not know that. Will have to get my cases out of storage and check them.
Single movies, not the complete set and not Crystal Skull.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
WesReviews WesReviews is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
WesReviews's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
3
771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
OK.

To clarify:

None of the Indiana Jones films are UV compatible. Whatever service you buy them in, is where you have to watch it.

You could buy the Raiders and Temple BDs direct from Vudu and they'll be in your Vudu library only. Or you could hunt down the copies at Walmart and hope for Instawatch to work. Or you buy it twice: BD and Vudu/Fandango Now/Cinemanow.

As for Star Wars, you have to buy them twice. Eps I - III, V, and VI are distributed digitally by Lucasfilm and Disney chose to add them to Disney Movies Anywhere. Eps IV is distributed digitally by Fox and is UV compatible. The Complete Collection (I - VI) is digitally distributed by Lucasfilm with a license fee paid to Fox.
Meanwhile Willow is still out there in limbo...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #17
markg731 markg731 is offline
New Member
 
Nov 2009
160
13
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
They are not UV, only way to get a digital copy of Indiana Jones is via the iTunes code in the Blu ray sets, or by buying them via walmart and getting them via Instant Watch on Vudu.

They are technically owned by Disney now, so they may go DMA eventually but I do not know for sure.

If you buy on F-NOW they will only be there.
Just talked to someone at Movies Anywhere today. They said Disney does NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones movies so they won't be available to stream on Movies Anywhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #18
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg731 View Post
Just talked to someone at Movies Anywhere today. They said Disney does NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones movies so they won't be available to stream on Movies Anywhere.
You are replying to an old concern and this was adressed quite concisely by me in the thread already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #19
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg731 View Post
Just talked to someone at Movies Anywhere today. They said Disney does NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones movies so they won't be available to stream on Movies Anywhere.
They are Paramount and Paramount is not part of MA. Doesn’t have to be owned by Disney to be in MA.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 AM.