Best Vudu Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
15 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$12.99
16 hrs ago
Leave No Trace (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64

The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00

Disobedience (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Glass (Blu-ray)
$12.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 05-10-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Jan 2009
on Twitter, @mcdev
Default Is Indiana Jones UV?

I ask because I dont see the logo on vudu or fandangonow, and with their coupon code today, FN is 20% off everything. Figured if it is full uv, this would be a good time to grab the collection. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

They are not UV, only way to get a digital copy of Indiana Jones is via the iTunes code in the Blu ray sets, or by buying them via walmart and getting them via Instant Watch on Vudu.

They are technically owned by Disney now, so they may go DMA eventually but I do not know for sure.

If you buy on F-NOW they will only be there.
Thanks given by:
ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
They are not UV, only way to get a digital copy of Indiana Jones is via the iTunes code in the Blu ray sets, or by buying them via walmart and getting them via Instant Watch on Vudu.

They are technically owned by Disney now, so they may go DMA eventually but I do not know for sure.

For clarity, you can also purchase them outright from iTunes or Vudu.

Paramount owns the distribution rights for the first 4 films, so Disney would have to cut a deal with them to get them into DMA, not out of the realm of possibility.
Thanks given by:
ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
For clarity, you can also purchase them outright from iTunes or Vudu.

Paramount owns the distribution rights for the first 4 films, so Disney would have to cut a deal with them to get them into DMA, not out of the realm of possibility.
They did buy out the marvel contract so not out of the question
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Is Indiana Jones Ultraviolet? No, but since The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, he's slightly radioactive. But he's not irredeemable ...
Thanks given by:
cdooley (09-07-2016), hanshotfirst1138 (05-16-2019), mertz523 (09-08-2016), ScottMcDaniel (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

To clarify...

Disney does not own the first four Indiana Jones films, Paramount keeps those as Paramount funded and distributed them. Disney did make a deal with Paramount for the future films as those have not been funded yet. Paramount will still get a payment from Disney as Paramount retained distribution rights to the franchise.

Marvel Studios was different: Marvel funded the films and signed a distribution deal with Paramount. When Disney bought Marvel, they ended up making a deal with Paramount to take over distribution. Disney pays them in exchange for distributing the films up to Iron Man 3. Disney was not able to make such a deal for The Incredible Hulk and it's inclusion in the Phase 1 set is a licensing deal.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #7

Sep 2016
USA

If iTunes is linked to DMA, will they end up in your DMA library?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
If iTunes is linked to DMA, will they end up in your DMA library?
The Indiana Jones films?

No. Because Disney does not own the first four films and they won't own them unless they give Paramount enough money to pry them from their hands.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Not that it's a big concern but I'm wondering why KOTCS isn't IW but the other 3 are.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #10

Sep 2016
USA

I thought they were also DMA titles. Disney doesn't own Star Wars Episode 4 either but it is a DMA title.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
I thought they were also DMA titles. Disney doesn't own Star Wars Episode 4 either but it is a DMA title.
It actually is not. It's the only numbered Star Wars movie that's not DMA. It is UV, though. I have it on iTunes, but nowhere else.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:03 AM   #12

Sep 2016
USA

So how do you get the Bluray and UV copies without buying them twice for full price?
Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
So how do you get the Bluray and UV copies without buying them twice for full price?
OK.

To clarify:

None of the Indiana Jones films are UV compatible. Whatever service you buy them in, is where you have to watch it.

You could buy the Raiders and Temple BDs direct from Vudu and they'll be in your Vudu library only. Or you could hunt down the copies at Walmart and hope for Instawatch to work. Or you buy it twice: BD and Vudu/Fandango Now/Cinemanow.

As for Star Wars, you have to buy them twice. Eps I - III, V, and VI are distributed digitally by Lucasfilm and Disney chose to add them to Disney Movies Anywhere. Eps IV is distributed digitally by Fox and is UV compatible. The Complete Collection (I - VI) is digitally distributed by Lucasfilm with a license fee paid to Fox.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #14

Jun 2016
Wisconsin

The Blu-rays come with an iTunes code? Did not know that. Will have to get my cases out of storage and check them.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
The Blu-rays come with an iTunes code? Did not know that. Will have to get my cases out of storage and check them.
Single movies, not the complete set and not Crystal Skull.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
OK.

To clarify:

None of the Indiana Jones films are UV compatible. Whatever service you buy them in, is where you have to watch it.

You could buy the Raiders and Temple BDs direct from Vudu and they'll be in your Vudu library only. Or you could hunt down the copies at Walmart and hope for Instawatch to work. Or you buy it twice: BD and Vudu/Fandango Now/Cinemanow.

As for Star Wars, you have to buy them twice. Eps I - III, V, and VI are distributed digitally by Lucasfilm and Disney chose to add them to Disney Movies Anywhere. Eps IV is distributed digitally by Fox and is UV compatible. The Complete Collection (I - VI) is digitally distributed by Lucasfilm with a license fee paid to Fox.
Meanwhile Willow is still out there in limbo...
Old 01-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #17

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post

Just talked to someone at Movies Anywhere today. They said Disney does NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones movies so they won't be available to stream on Movies Anywhere.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg731 View Post
Just talked to someone at Movies Anywhere today. They said Disney does NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones movies so they won't be available to stream on Movies Anywhere.
You are replying to an old concern and this was adressed quite concisely by me in the thread already.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg731 View Post
They are Paramount and Paramount is not part of MA. Doesn’t have to be owned by Disney to be in MA.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet