Best Vudu Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64
7 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (Blu-ray)
$44.99
19 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Child's Play (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Interstellar 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #181

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

So when the hell are they finally going to announce what will be taking over for Flixster in Canada? Assuming there will be a requirement for people to link their UV accounts to this new service before UV vanishes, they aren’t exactly planning to leave Canucks much of a window before their collections go poof...

And yes, I know there are ways to connect one’s UV collection to other non-Canadian services through illicit means - I’ve done so myself. I’m talking about for the average bloke who follows the rules and may very well get screwed for it if they announce the new service to port one’s UV collection to mere moments before there IS no more UV.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #182

Jan 2013
Saint-Hyacinthe , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
So when the hell are they finally going to announce what will be taking over for Flixster in Canada? Assuming there will be a requirement for people to link their UV accounts to this new service before UV vanishes, they arenít exactly planning to leave Canucks much of a window before their collections go poof...

And yes, I know there are ways to connect oneís UV collection to other non-Canadian services through illicit means - Iíve done so myself. Iím talking about for the average bloke who follows the rules and may very well get screwed for it if they announce the new service to port oneís UV collection to mere moments before there IS no more UV.
I don't know that they said that flixster would just "close down" in july. UV is about "connecting" multiple providers, the only one we had was Flixster(even thought there is still the Sony Pictures store. So, maybe Flixster will only remain "as is", at least for now. I'd much rather have it linked to iTunes or at least Google Play but maybe they'll just leave Flixster be? I don't know.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #183

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBarbeau View Post
I don't know that they said that flixster would just "close down" in july. So, maybe Flixster will only remain "as is", at least for now. I'd much rather have it linked to iTunes or at least Google Play but maybe they'll just leave Flixster be? I don't know.
From Flixstervideo’s FAQ: “a plan is being developed to enable Flixster Video users to transition their video collections to another digital video service later this year, after which Flixster Video will be shut down. More details will be shared as they become available. The transition will allow ample time for Flixster Video users to take whatever actions are necessary to maintain access to their video collections with as little disruption as possible. Until then, Flixster Video users are encouraged to make sure their Flixster Video accounts are linked and remain linked to their UltraViolet libraries, to ensure that their video collections are up to date.

My assumption was that once UV is gone Flixstervideo would depopulate, but I suppose it’s possible that all titles will become ‘flixster’ titles (rather than UV titles) until this new service is announced and ample time is given for people to port from flixster to this new service. The closer we get to UV’s end date, I suppose the more likely this is.

I agree though that iTunes would be the most desirable alternative, although many others believe it’s much more likely to be Google Play.
Thanks given by:
Bruce_Wayne (05-24-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #184

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Looks like ‘Google Play’ it is...

IMPORTANT ACCOUNT NOTICE

To Flixster Video users:

Thank you for using Flixster Video to watch your favorite movies and television shows.

Following the announcement by UltraViolet that it will be discontinuing its service on July 31, 2019, we are writing to provide you notice that Flixster Video is planning to shut down its website, applications and operations on October 31, 2019.

To enable you to continue to enjoy your video collection after the shutdown of Flixster Video, we have made arrangements to allow Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play is a global online store that is home to the latest apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books and magazines you can enjoy and share on all your favorite devices.

Please note that certain videos in your Flixster Video collection may not be available for migration to Google Play. Certain other limitations may apply subject to the terms of service and available features of Google Play in your country.

We will provide you further notice and information once this Flixster Video – Google Play migration process is available for Flixster Video users, which is expected to be in July 2019.

In the meantime, prior to July 31, 2019, please go to Flixster Video, log in to your Flixster Video account and make sure that your account is linked and remains linked to your Ultraviolet library to ensure that your Flixster Video collection is up to date.
Thank you,

The Flixster Video Team
Thanks given by:
Bad_Deal_Assassin (06-19-2019), darthpepsi (06-17-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #185

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Canuck View Post
Is Warner Bros bailing on Flixster too? I was surprised that my Fantastic Beasts 2 code went to Google Play (which I prefer).

Noticed some titles disappeared from my Flixster account. Gotta contact them as they said our Flixster libraries would remain intact when UV shuts down. Hell, just port my library over to Google Play please!
Did they say anything about keeping these titles that are missing when they migrate to Google Play? When you say disappear does that mean that they show up as UNTITLED in the UV library? That's whats been happening with some of my titles and the customer support representatives only send stock replies.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #186
Special Member

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada

Just wondering if anyone has tried redeeming anything on Flixster recently. I was told by someone who got a code from me today that redeeming on the Flixster site gave only a Google Play option now once the code redeems. If that's the case, they must have changed it very recently.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:15 PM   #187
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried redeeming anything on Flixster recently. I was told by someone who got a code from me today that redeeming on the Flixster site gave only a Google Play option now once the code redeems. If that's the case, they must have changed it very recently.
I was wondering what would happen with the old codes once Flixster shuts down. This seems like the most logical solution but I figured they would have waited until closer to the end of July. I'm guessing this was a WB code?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #188
Special Member

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
I was wondering what would happen with the old codes once Flixster shuts down. This seems like the most logical solution but I figured they would have waited until closer to the end of July. I'm guessing this was a WB code?
Yes, it was a WB code for Annabelle Creation. I also noticed that using the codes for older Sony titles on the sony redeem website now points them to Google Play instead of the sony uv library. The end of UV is a month early for Canada it seems.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #189
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Yes, it was a WB code for Annabelle Creation. I also noticed that using the codes for older Sony titles on the sony redeem website now points them to Google Play instead of the sony uv library. The end of UV is a month early for Canada it seems.
The Sony codes must have just changed this week or late last week, as I sold an older Sony code on Wednesday and it redeemed like it normally would.

Edit: Just tried an older Sony code (When The Game Stands Tall) and it is still redeeming in the sony uv library.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #190
Special Member

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
The Sony codes must have just changed this week or late last week, as I sold an older Sony code on Wednesday and it redeemed like it normally would.

Edit: Just tried an older Sony code (When The Game Stands Tall) and it is still redeeming in the sony uv library.
I'll have to check my old sony codes again to see if they are still pointing to GP or not. It's possible that they could still be making adjustments and may have reverted back to UV redeem for the time being. Probably going to be doing a lot of double checking these codes over the next few weeks that's for sure.

Edit: Tried a few codes like Spider-man Homecoming and Whiplash early this morning on the sony site...still showing as Google Play for me. However, The Magnificent Seven is still directed to the sony UV redeem page so I'd say that most but not all have been GP adjusted.

Last edited by Traveler; 06-26-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:21 PM   #191

Feb 2018
-

Really interesting.

I redeemed The Curse Of La Llorona ( Warner Bros Canada) bilingual case. The slip for the digital code give the option to redeem directly in moviesanywhere. I tried it login off of ma and it was redeemable.

I opted to redeem on Google play canada, in case of a free 4k upgrade. (In gp only) It's ported to my ma.
Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 03:17 AM   #192

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessetmath View Post
Really interesting.

I redeemed The Curse Of La Llorona ( Warner Bros Canada) bilingual case. The slip for the digital code give the option to redeem directly in moviesanywhere. I tried it login off of ma and it was redeemable.
Huh. Thatís potentially very cool! Thanks for sharing
Old 07-31-2019, 08:58 PM   #193

Jan 2013

Guys, redeem all UV code if you can today! If you have any UV retailers, at least login once today to make sure all titles are synced. Vudu doesn't sync until you login. And if you have sub account, login as well!

If you have UK UV titles, redeem now!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet