Best Vudu Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Antz (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Glass (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 10-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #1

Sep 2017
Default Vudu Sharing question

I am sure this has been asked many times, but I couldn't find a clear cut answer. I was speaking with a friend who has a pretty in depth library on Vudu. I came across the sharing feature and brought it up to him to share our libraries with one another. He said that he looked into it before and its not where he and i would share one another, but where one could share with the other, but not the other way around. Basically, the way he said it is: If he shares his library with me i cannot share mine with him. Is that true? Now with movies anywhere out i was hoping we could share libraries with each other and he'd be able to get my iTunes library, which is not in my vudu library, and id get his, which would go to my iTunes...
Old 10-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

A while ago I had someone linked to my UV library through Vudu where I initiated the link and we both can see each others UV movies. I think the ones he can't see are the ones I buy directly from Vudu.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #3
Special Member

Oct 2007
The state of confusion

I share my library with 5 other people. They don't need to share their libraries with me, because they are already linked to my account. A friend just bought Spiderman Homecoming on HDX and it automatically appeared in my account too, because ours are already linked together.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:40 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

I think sharing a Vudu library means you are also sharing the UV library. And each Vudu account can only be linked to one UV library at a time. So I don't think you can share how you're hoping which is
UV-A <> Vudu A <> Vudu B <> UV-B

I think all of the shared Vudu libraries are linked to the same UV account.

The reason I think this is my main Vudu account had five share slots for invites. Two of the slots are filled. One of those slots is my secondary Vudu account. When I log into the secondary Vudu account, it only has three invite slots available which leads me to believe it's because of the two spots being taken up by the main account.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #5

Nov 2009
Jacksonville, FL.

I have my vudu account shared with 4 other people, they can see all my uv movies except anything from Disney. Also any movie they buy via UV or vudu I automatically see in my library.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #6

Apr 2010

Does anybody know if they changed the sharing option in Vudu? I am sharing with 2 people and last week I invited another person and today I tried to check and now it is only showing 2 slots not 5?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob View Post
Does anybody know if they changed the sharing option in Vudu? I am sharing with 2 people and last week I invited another person and today I tried to check and now it is only showing 2 slots not 5?
2 open slots for 2 more shares?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
2 open slots for 2 more shares?
Being discussed in the Movies Anywhere thread.

I was sharing my movies with 2 people, and had 3 open slots. Now, I have 0 open spots.

Supposedly, UV is undergoing maintenance according to a VUDU spokesperson who told nevea2be.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post

I was sharing my movies with 2 people, and had 3 open slots. Now, I have 0 open spots.

Supposedly, UV is undergoing maintenance according to a VUDU spokesperson who told nevea2be.
It's going to happen, the sharing of libraries will be gone I imagine very soon. UV is on it's last leg and soon Disney will rule everything. F**K Movies Anywhere !!!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post

That would make sense as my UV library isn't displaying properly (basically I see a list of linked services, but saying your library is ready to be set up as if I didn't have any movies). However, unlike previous maintenance periods, doesn't look like anything is disappearing (which once happened for a couple days): my VUDU count stayed the same, and did a quick look on a Sony and FandangoNow redemption and they are still there in MA as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
It's going to happen, the sharing of libraries will be gone I imagine very soon. UV is on it's last leg and soon Disney will rule everything. F**K Movies Anywhere !!!
Some people on the VUDU forums are worried about this

https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answer...kw/ultraviolet

(Now it says published from April 2014, but on the main answers page says updated 11/13, so it might be new info) that you can no longer do UV family share invites via VUDU.

Does at least sound like they will let current family shares stay, and am not sure if you will be able to still do new ones through the UV site (I guess let's see what happens after the UV maintenance).
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post

(Now it says published from April 2014, but on the main answers page says updated 11/13, so it might be new info) that you can no longer do UV family share invites via VUDU.

Does at least sound like they will let current family shares stay, and am not sure if you will be able to still do new ones through the UV site (I guess let's see what happens after the UV maintenance).
it's a sneaky way of sliding some revision in, Very sneaky.. What's going to be rough is when UV goes, how is VUDU going to handle the sharing of those libraries. It's UV based. For lots of people they use VUDU secondary accounts for M2D and D2D. So basically it will be contacting VUDU and asking to have your accounts merged or you will not have all your movies in one library.
Thanks given by:
DA1745 (11-19-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #13

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post

The way I see it playing out is Vudu will soon remove Ultraviolet altogether. However, before they do that they need to change the way your transaction/balance history works. Currently, if you disconnect UV from Vudu all the movies you didn't purchase directly from Vudu disappear. Therefore, I think Vudu will change this by making everything in your balance history permanent, meaning whether you are connected to UV or not all of your movies will remain in Vudu regardless of source. After they do that they will no longer need Ultraviolet and can just use Movies Anywhere. Hopefully, they will then implement a new sharing system similar to ITunes and Google that can share your entire collection and is not dependent upon UV or MA.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
Expert Member

Feb 2017

Now I'm wondering if D2D will also be history soon.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:38 AM   #15
Special Member

Aug 2016

A lot of scary stuff going on. Was going to use my last slot with a friend that just bought a new smart TV today....well I guess they bought that TV a week too late! Hopefully they will allow us to eventually use the five slots.
Thanks given by:
DA1745 (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyways View Post
Currently, if you disconnect UV from Vudu all the movies you didn't purchase directly from Vudu disappear.
Odd, when I disconnect my count stays the same?
Old 11-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #17

Mar 2016

Depending on the size of your library it might take a little bit for you to actually see the changes. I wouldn't mess around unlinking unnecessarily though.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #18

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Odd, when I disconnect my count stays the same?
I haven't tested it recently but that's how it's always worked. Maybe they already made the change I was speculating about
Old 11-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #19

Oct 2011
What are you a cop?

Please everyone send a complaint email to VUDU about this removal.
and tell everyone you know that this has happened. A lot of people won't find out until they decide at some later point to add someone and then discover it's gone and by then it will be too late.

IF the plan is to eventually bring it back in some fashion this SNEAKY way of doing it tells a completely different story.

P.S. Movies Anywhere is the nightmare I wish I could wake up from...
Thanks given by:
Lipska (11-20-2017)
Old 03-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #20
Expert Member

Apr 2011
USA

I know this thread is practically closed but had a question that I hope someone can help me with. My daughter shares my Vudu movies, she was not seeing the newest movies that I bought (they were uv) so she tried unlinking her uv account on vudu and then relinking it, but now she is not showing any of my movies. What can we do to fix this? Thanks for any help anyone can give!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet