Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Creed II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
56 min ago
Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Skyscraper 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.16

Mary Queen of Scots 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The First Purge 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Predator: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.08

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 AM   #21

Jun 2018
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
your not gonna be watching tv for almost ever then. almost every tv either has parts or is made somewhere in Asia.

I have no idea what your hang-up against the Chinese or Chinese brands is, that's your deal and lord knows I don't want to know.

best of luck getting a tv that meets your "personal principle".
I don't want to get into politics, but there are lots of reasons not to prop up a Chinese economy more than we do already as Americans.

I highly prefer Japanese products, but Panasonic is out of the American market and Sony (at least in my area) is only sold at Best Buy (of which, I can't get over the mountain passes to check out safely until the Spring time since they are about 3-4 hours away).

Samsung and LG are Korean.
Panasonic and Sony are Japanese.
TCL, Hisense, and one other I can't remember the name of are Chinese.
Vizio is an American based company of which they use parts and assembly from around the world.

No big deal on personal preference. I don't criticize what any of you do. I asked a straight forward question, set my parameters, and asked for help since many of you know way more than I do.

Thanks to those who answered me! It helped a lot in the search. I am going to do some research on some Vizio TV's this week that are at the higher end.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:44 AM   #22

Jun 2018
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Well if you live only by this principle, you're not going to be buying anything in the U.S because, practically everything (including TVs) that's being sold in the United States are manufactured by Asians and other foreigners and shipped to the U.S. You asked for recommendations for a good budget TV, and Vizio and TCL were the two brands. So if you want an all American made TV, you're not going to buy a TV at all because, there isn't an all American made TV.
1. My problem isn't "Asians." It's stuff made in China.
2. I have no problem with "foreigners" as you so distinctly termed "them."
3. I enjoy Japanese and Korean products - they make some great stuff. I personally prefer not to buy Chinese brands (TCL).
4. I agree with you that Vizio seems the better way to go than the TCL for me.
5. I never asked for an "all-American-made-TV."
6. It's very easy to cut China out of MANY things we buy - we can't do it entirely, but we can do it in many cases. Not EVERYTHING is made in China. In the same breathe, I can't cut their manufacturing out of everything at the moment and I acknowledge that. When I can, I do. I simply prefer not to support nations that enslave their people and treat their citizens the way that they do in the workforce and in life.

Sheesh.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:51 AM   #23
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post
I highly prefer Japanese products, but Panasonic is out of the American market and Sony (at least in my area) is only sold at Best Buy (of which, I can't get over the mountain passes to check out safely until the Spring time since they are about 3-4 hours away).
I think Panasonic assemble units in Eastern Europe (for us lot) and Sony use panels from LG and Samsung.
Thanks given by:
ThePreacher (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 05:12 AM   #24

Jun 2018
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I think Panasonic assemble units in Eastern Europe (for us lot) and Sony use panels from LG and Samsung.
Yeah, I miss Panasonic. I had a great run in the early days of flat screens with them. My parents still have a couple Plasmas that are like 10 years old that still run great.

I have no issue with LG. I've never owned one.

I have 2 Samsungs currently and haven't been overly impressed in the long run of the TV's due to various clouding and bleeding issues.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:24 AM   #25
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Do you have Sams Club around that can be accessed before the passes clear? They often have respectable prices and have models on display to see for yourself.
Emerson, Philips, Sylvania both American in name are now owned by Japanese company Funai
Westinghouse again, American in name is owned by CBS, a Chinese company

ONN via techwalla is an American based maker. Never heard of them or familiar with where to buy.

I wonít get into your policies or reasons, but I will say that I am still happy using my Sony KDL from 2008/2009. Aside from one day where there sound didnít work, itís been great. All I did was unplug it and gave it a dusting while unplugged. I still use my Sony CRT WEGA TVs for retro gaming and those were moved From Az to Va to NC to FL. Theyíve taken a beating and still work. That being said Iíve bought 2 PCs Dell and HP and 2 Dell Laptops in 5 years and all have failed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology