Best PC Game Deals

Best PC Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fallout 76 (PC)
$16.00

Civilization VI (PC)
$25.27
10 hrs ago
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
$16.70

Fallout 76 (PC)
$49.98

The Sims Triple Expansion Collection, Vol 2: Hot Date / Vacation / Makin' Magic (PC)
$19.99

Destiny 2 (PC)
$249.99

Destiny 2 (PC)
$21.94

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$49.06
19 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$18.99

Call of Duty: WWII (PC)
$37.93
16 hrs ago
Starcraft II Battle Chest (PC)
$28.95

Sid Meierís Civilization V (PC)
$27.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming

Old 04-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #81

Apr 2019

Hey guys!

Did someone here play Fallout 76? I'm thinking of buying it because I'm a Fallout fan, however, I'm not sure about it. I read a lot of reviews that are saying it's bad, but I want to hear the opinion of the players itself.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 AM   #82

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfranklin View Post
Hey guys!

Did someone here play Fallout 76? I'm thinking of buying it because I'm a Fallout fan, however, I'm not sure about it. I read a lot of reviews that are saying it's bad, but I want to hear the opinion of the players itself.
I've put in a TON of hours into Fallout 4, a game that I kind of/sort of don't even like all that much when compared to other Fallout titles. It's so lazily told and I loath that freaking "I'M LOOKING FOR MY SON!" storyline. I don't care about some kid I never wanted!

Having purchased Fallout 76, installed it, played it and left the vault for a solid hour, let me just say this.

IT'S A VERY BAD GAME.

Fallout 76 is basically Fallout 4 but much, much less. There are no NPCs, the story is next to non-existent, way too many creative liberties with the lore and interacting with players does not compliment the Fallout setting in the slightest. Also, Bethesda lied to it's fanbase when they said their Atomic Store would only center around 'cosmetics only' when that has not been the case. Some cosmetics now give you a buff that gives players an advantage and they are incorporating 'Repair Kits' into the store that is as close to the 'Pay To Win' model as you can get.

And the game was in horrendous shape on launch. It's as if Bethesda's mentality was believing that the buggy side of their games was more of a charm than a nuisance, as Todd Howard demonstrated at his E3 presentation. Well, when all you've got is bugs and a significantly watered down experience compared to the last games, it becomes the only thing you ever notice.

I played the game for a solid three hours before quitting the game entirely. I haven't gone back since and I don't plan to. The foundation is so broken and the main selling point just isn't what I look for in a Fallout title.

I seriously cannot think of any good reason why you should get this game and I implore you to seek out a different title.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #83
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

It's most certainly not a very bad game.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #84
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Itís scientifically fact the game is bad.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is worse though breaking the record (Held by Ride to Hell) for most glitches in a video game ever released with around 337.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #85

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
It's most certainly not a very bad game.
Promises that the game makers were unable to keep may draw sympathy, but promises that were deliberately broken can and will have a negative impact. Mine was the conclusion that this game is bad and I will not support a title whoís developers donít do what they say they were going to do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming