Now: I Drink Your Blood $19.08 (5 hours left)

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
€49.96

Gomorra - la serie: Stagione Finale (Blu-ray)
€19.18
22 hrs ago
The Complete Carl Seeman Edition on Deutsche Grammophon (Blu-ray)
€59.79

Pink Floyd: Animals (Blu-ray)
€64.08

Elton John: Madman Across the Water (Blu-ray)
€51.95

Ambulance 4K (Blu-ray)
€23.78
1 day ago
Christopher Nolan Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
€44.92
1 day ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
€34.61

The Hunger Games Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
€89.46

Scream 4K (Blu-ray)
€24.93

Singin' in the Rain 4K (Blu-ray)
€22.99

Event Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
€34.90
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Italy

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #201
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesheik View Post
You'd think that he and all the others in this and the other thread would have the humility to come back and at least admit they were wrong now that proof has been provided. You'd think that, but alas.

I can't speak for pecker but I have nothing to admit too. All I have ever stated was that the onus was on the potentially wronged companies not the consumer and that Studio 4K was innocent until proven guilty.

As it would seem to be beyond any doubt whatsoever that their release of The Man Who Knew Too Much was/is not legitimately sourced, it can be reasonably assumed that the other discs aren't either. The key element being proof from one of the wronged parties.

Despite the matter being cleared up, and hopefully put to bed, it's a little childish to gloat, no?

Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #202
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

The database entries should be completely removed from the site and these threads should be locked, with warnings posted in the OP

Last edited by MifuneFan; 04-05-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #203
Banned

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I can't speak for pecker but I have nothing to admit too. All I have ever stated was that the onus was on the potentially wronged companies not the consumer and that Studio 4K was innocent until proven guilty.

As it would seem to be beyond any doubt whatsoever that their release of The Man Who Knew Too Much was/is not legitimately sourced, it can be reasonably assumed that the other discs aren't either. The key element being proof from one of the wronged parties.

Despite the matter being cleared up, and hopefully put to bed, it's a little childish to gloat, no?
What does gloating have to do with people behaving properly - you've read this and other threads and you know very well what my point is.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #204
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Default Studio 4K - The Italian Eureka?

Quote:
What does gloating have to do with people behaving properly - you've read this and other threads and you know very well what my point is.

It reads to me as "I was right. Tell me I was right. Poor me if you won't."

That might not be your intention but it's how it comes across.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #205
Expert Member

Sep 2008
London, UK

Quote:

It didn't come across like that at all. It was a perfectly reasonable comment to make in the absence of a response from those who had been unwilling to accept the obvious doubts about the legitimacy of the discs.

Sadly it seems to be a rule on internet forums that if one is found to be in error, one never, ever, admits it!

Old 04-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #206

Dec 2013

unsubscribing from this thread. nothing but arguing for the last few pages

Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #207
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas R View Post
It didn't come across like that at all. It was a perfectly reasonable comment to make in the absence of a response from those who had been unwilling to accept the obvious doubts about the legitimacy of the discs.

Sadly it seems to be a rule on internet forums that if one is found to be in error, one never, ever, admits it!

To you perhaps, not to me.

And, again, not once was I unwilling to accept the illegitimacy of the company - I only ever called for actual proof and not speculation. What's that tenet of the American justice system? Oh yes, innocent until proven guilty.

I can only assume people want an apology or a declaration of being wrong from certain members.

Last edited by gap; 04-05-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #208
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
The database entries should be completely removed from the site and these threads should be locked, with warnings posted in the OP
why? is the company not legit after all? sorry i missed the last few pages in all the studio 4k threads...

Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #209
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
why? is the company not legit after all? sorry i missed the last few pages in all the studio 4k threads...
It's pretty much been determined that they're selling unlicensed movies. So essentially if people are buying them through the database, Blu-ray.com is financially benefiting from the sale of illegally produced movies.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #210
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
It's pretty much been determined that they're selling unlicensed movies. So essentially if people are buying them through the database, Blu-ray.com is financially benefiting from the sale of illegally produced movies.
thanks , wont buy anymore of their releases. so far i only own "the third man" from that label.

would it make sense to contact amazon at this point to declare my concerns about the label not beeing legit etc?

Old 04-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #211
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
thanks , wont buy anymore of their releases. so far i only own "the third man" from that label.

would it make sense to contact amazon at this point to declare my concerns about the label not beeing legit etc?
You could try, but I think for it to be removed, the license holder would have to make the claim. There's a possiblity for Amazon to put the item "Under Review" and investigate it further themselves

Old 04-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #212
Banned

Sep 2010
France

Quote:
Unfortunately, Rone and Fusion are still in the database while also seeling unlicensed titles. I guess Studio 4K will also remain here.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #213
Banned

Aug 2009

Quote:

That's how it comes across to YOU and it is your projection and your problem. If I'd wanted to say "I was right. Tell me I was right. Poor me if you won't." I would have, although I would have said it in a more colorful way. But I didn't, did I? No. But thank you for projecting on my behalf.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #214
Banned

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas R View Post

I think it's also pretty obvious who the comment was meant for - one person in particular, and then beyond that several others who were doing the same thing. And yes, you're right about the rule on Internet forms - when proven wrong, disappear without a trace never to be heard from again in those threads. Happens on every board on every forum.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #215
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
That's how it comes across to YOU and it is your projection and your problem. If I'd wanted to say "I was right. Tell me I was right. Poor me if you won't." I would have, although I would have said it in a more colorful way. But I didn't, did I? No. But thank you for projecting on my behalf.

You're welcome.

Or should that be YOU're welcome?

Either way, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Life's too short to get hot and bothered about blurays.

Last edited by gap; 04-05-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #216
Banned

Aug 2009

Quote:
You're welcome.

Or should that be YOU're welcome?

Either way, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Life's too short to get hot and bothered about blurays.
And yet, here you are The appropriate post would have been, "Gee, sorry I projected something you didn't intend." Yes, that would have been the appropriate post, but had you made it several of us would have probably had a heart attack in disbelief.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #217
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

You are of course correct . How silly of me to forget that you know best as to what is appropriate. Perhaps in future you could just PM us all in advance with what you would like us to post and then we can be sure that all replies are suitably appropriate.

Last edited by gap; 04-06-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

It's only Blu-ray's, guys. No need to get personal.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #219
Power Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

Quote:
You'd think that he and all the others in this and the other thread would have the humility to come back and at least admit they were wrong...
Excuse me?

I think you'll find I was consistent in saying that there was no firm evidence that these were bootlegs and that it wasn't my job to police the situation.

For the record, I hold exactly the same position now. There was no firm evidence that they were bootlegs. No website is not proof. If another company appears with the same MO I'll behave in the same way until and unless any solid information comes to light.

However, I wonder how many others here will consistently refuse to buy a Blu-ray Disc from companies with no website?

With specific regard to this comment:

"Since none of the money goes into the investment of preserving these films, it would be great if would-be buyers think hard before even considering a purchase from these dubious sources."

This is a valid point, and I will not be buying any further titles from them where the legitimate release is available elsewhere.

However, had I not yet bought The Third Man I'd still be buying the Studio 4K version, for the simple reason that the fullest implication of the above doesn't really apply.

I've already bought the SC version, and if I buy a used copy of the Criterion version not a penny would go towards film restoration, either.

Steve W

Old 04-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #220
Banned

Sep 2010
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecker View Post
if I buy a used copy of the Criterion version not a penny would go towards film restoration, either.
Oh, now we're throwing second-hand market into the argument ?

Fact is : the pennies you don't send to film restoration have already been given the first time. Through Studio 4K, they won't, not through the 1st buyer, not the 2nd, etc etc.

But please : don't compare second-hand market and bootlegs.

Please.

Just please.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Italy