Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (1 hour left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: Who is the better running back?
Barry Sanders 58 82.86%
Emmitt Smith 12 17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #161
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Heck I even spelled them wrong or did I?
I didn't check, just felt special that I got quoted
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
I think I already responded to your little link once before and I told you that is doesn't tell me anything about who was the better running back. Then I asked you what about all of the numbers Emmitt has over Barry, the other things Emmitt did better than Barry and they fell on deaf ears with you. You just read what you want to read and that is it. Why don't you post Barry and Emmitt's playoff number, TD's, etc. Like I said I already mentioned this before.
No good sir, I do not "read what I want to read". I realize and admitted several times that Emmitt was better at scoring TD's than Barry. Even in my post with all the stats I avereraged Emmitts TD's to account for his extra 5 years of playing and he still has the better number.

However, that is where his stat dominance ends. As far as total yards go, yeah Emmitt has more, BUT he played 5 more years to get that total. If you average the total yards, or cut out Emmitt last 5, Barry wins both scenarios.

Quote:
And I find it amusing that all the people arguing for Barry can't come up with anything else besides he's fun to watch, he had a poor team, he had a poor offensive line, and on and on.
Are you serious? Yeah, a couple posters have said he was fun to watch. However, many others (like myself and supersix4), have stated actual facts. Such as Barry had better yards per carry and fumbled less. See below from bageleaterkkjji:

emmitt smith 1 fumble per 81.6 carries

barry sanders 1 fumble per 113.4 carries

emmitt smith 81.4 yds/game @ 4.2 per carry

barry sanders 99.8 yds/game @ 5.0 per carry

Also, take a look at their receiving stats or even total yards (which makes a complete back imo). When you average them to make up for ES's extra 5 years, Barry owns Emmitt.

How about these stats from supersix4:

Sanders only player to have two single seasons in the top10 of most rushing yards in a season (3rd and 7th)

Sanders More Pro Bowls in less years playing and didn't have the luxury of having the "america's team" marketing shtick behind him for almost all of that.

Emmitt never averaged more then 5.3 ypg in a season (Sanders 6.1 , 5.3, and 5.7).

Also had 13,963 yards in the same 10 year span (Sanders with 15,269)

Also in his first 10 years had more carries 3,243 to Sanders 3,062 (yet still wasn't capable of passing him)

^Which is 181 more carries lol (JC from KC was able to do 1,120 yards on 191 carries so you figure he should have been able to do better then someone in KC with those extra 181 carries)

Smith also had 11 more fumbles in 10 years then did Barry (4 more lost fumbles as-well)

I get it that Emmitt won Rings and Emmitt played great in the playoffs. I guess I'm crazy, but to those are more related to Emmitt being very good and being surrounded by a very good team which gave him more playoff opportunities than Barry had.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #163
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzy View Post
no good sir, i do not "read what i want to read". I realize and admitted several times that emmitt was better at scoring td's than barry. Even in my post with all the stats i avereraged emmitts td's to account for his extra 5 years of playing and he still has the better number.

However, that is where his stat dominance ends. As far as total yards go, yeah emmitt has more, but he played 5 more years to get that total. If you average the total yards, or cut out emmitt last 5, barry wins both scenarios.

are you serious? Yeah, a couple posters have said he was fun to watch. However, many others (like myself and supersix4), have stated actual facts. Such as barry had better yards per carry and fumbled less. See below from bageleaterkkjji:

Emmitt smith 1 fumble per 81.6 carries

barry sanders 1 fumble per 113.4 carries

emmitt smith 81.4 yds/game @ 4.2 per carry

barry sanders 99.8 yds/game @ 5.0 per carry

also, take a look at their receiving stats or even total yards (which makes a complete back imo). When you average them to make up for es's extra 5 years, barry owns emmitt.

How about these stats from supersix4:

Sanders only player to have two single seasons in the top10 of most rushing yards in a season (3rd and 7th)

sanders more pro bowls in less years playing and didn't have the luxury of having the "america's team" marketing shtick behind him for almost all of that.

Emmitt never averaged more then 5.3 ypg in a season (sanders 6.1 , 5.3, and 5.7).

Also had 13,963 yards in the same 10 year span (sanders with 15,269)

also in his first 10 years had more carries 3,243 to sanders 3,062 (yet still wasn't capable of passing him)

^which is 181 more carries lol (jc from kc was able to do 1,120 yards on 191 carries so you figure he should have been able to do better then someone in kc with those extra 181 carries)

smith also had 11 more fumbles in 10 years then did barry (4 more lost fumbles as-well)

i get it that emmitt won rings and emmitt played great in the playoffs. I guess i'm crazy, but to those are more related to emmitt being very good and being surrounded by a very good team which gave him more playoff opportunities than barry had.
beautiful!!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #164
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Just thought I'd throw out some College info:

College career:
Sanders played for the Oklahoma State Cowboys from 1986 to 1988, and wore the number 21. During his first two years, he backed up All-American Thurman Thomas. In 1987 he led the nation in kickoff return yards. Thomas moved on to the NFL, and Sanders became the starter for his junior year.

In 1988, in what has been called the greatest season in college football history,[1] Sanders led the nation by averaging 7.6 yards per carry and over 200 yards per game, including rushing for over 300 yards in four games. He set college football season records with 2,628 yards rushing, 3,249 total yards, 234 points, 39 touchdowns, of which 37 were rushing (also a record), 5 consecutive 200 yard games, scored at least 2 touchdowns in 11 consecutive games, and 9 times he scored at least 3 touchdowns. Sanders also ran for 222 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in his three quarters of action in the Holiday Bowl - a game that was not included with his season statistics.[2] Sanders won the Heisman Trophy as the season's most outstanding player.[3] However, he left Oklahoma State before his senior season to enter the NFL draft
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls