Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
22 hrs ago
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27
18 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
22 min ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
22 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant (Blu-ray)
$71.69
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
22 hrs ago
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.89

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: 18 games or not?
Yes! More football, dammit! 7 41.18%
I'm fine with 16 games. 10 58.82%
Take it back to 14! you young whippersnappers! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX
Default 18 games or not?

I love football! I can't ever get enough of it. I cry a little inside every time the SB game clock ticks 0:00. Preseason to me is as useless as they come. An 18-game season takes 2 PS games away and adds 2 RS games. So 18 games for us, the fans is awesome.

What pisses me off is these already immensely overpaid players first question being, "Are we going to get an extra 2 games worth of pay?" I mean I don't hate these guys because they're getting paid the big bucks, but when you start complaining like that, they're only distancing themselves from Joe Schmo.

What do you all think?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
What pisses me off is these already immensely overpaid players first question being, "Are we going to get an extra 2 games worth of pay?" I mean I don't hate these guys because they're getting paid the big bucks, but when you start complaining like that, they're only distancing themselves from Joe Schmo.

What do you all think?
I prefer they stay at 16 games. It's a good length. If it goes to 18 games there will be more pointless games after teams clinch their playoff spots.

I don't understand why you would be upset that the players want to be paid more. The owners are going to make more money, so the players deserve more too. Going to 18 games will result in more injuries and ultimately shorter careers. Also, the players are firmly against the move to 18 games, but don't have much say in the matter since they've already agreed to extended seasons in the CBA. We'll see how firmly against it they are when they are negotiating a new CBA after this season. If they are firmly against it they could block it, but that makes the nearly inevitable lockout a certainty. The owners are firmly set in the extended season.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Boston, MA PSN: KingBing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I prefer they stay at 16 games. It's a good length. If it goes to 18 games there will be more pointless games after teams clinch their playoff spots.

I don't understand why you would be upset that the players want to be paid more. The owners are going to make more money, so the players deserve more too. Going to 18 games will result in more injuries and ultimately shorter careers. Also, the players are firmly against the move to 18 games, but don't have much say in the matter since they've already agreed to extended seasons in the CBA. We'll see how firmly against it they are when they are negotiating a new CBA after this season. If they are firmly against it they could block it, but that makes the nearly inevitable lockout a certainty. The owners are firmly set in the extended season.
+1
16 is perfect IMO.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls