Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$33.03
7 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
14 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$10.99
20 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: How should Los Angeles acquire / create a NFL Team?
Acquire the BUFFALO BILLS 0 0%
Acquire the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 10 38.46%
Acquire the OAKLAND RAIDERS 2 7.69%
Acquire the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 3 11.54%
Acquire the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 0 0%
Acquire the ST. LOUIS RAMS 1 3.85%
OTHER (Please Specify) 2 7.69%
Create an EXPANSION TEAM 5 19.23%
None of the Above 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Special Member

Jul 2008
USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Sylentwolf
USA NFL: Los Angeles (Acquire or Expand)

Los Angeles, CA, one of the biggest Sports Marketing Cities in the U.S. has been without a NFL team since 1995 and after not being able to hold onto 2 NFL Teams (Oakland Raiders / St. Louis Rams) there has been a strong push for Los Angeles to acquire an existing team or create an expansion team.

Should LOS ANGELES acquire a team in the NFL? And How?

And if not, what OTHER cities should acquire or create a NFL Team?

I do love the alignment of the current 32 Teams and I, would not be a fan if it were to become uneven again, as it were in the years prior
to the 2002 NFL Realignment.

I believe if Los Angeles were to get an existing team, that the city should do what BALTIMORE did with the BROWNS & what TENNESSEE did with the OILERS, either retire the name or allow the city to retain the name, and then create their own (new) team name.

The STEELERS Model

I think (for any franchise) if Los Angeles wants to ACQUIRE or CREATE another team, I think they need to have an owner(s), NOT like Al Davis or Jerry Jones, but more like the Rooney Family (Pittsburgh Steelers). It seems no matter what decade it is, the Pittsburgh Steelers (even during the Kordell Stewart days, 1995-2002) are always a team to be reckoned with

I think the San Diego Chargers give Los Angeles the best chance, but of course not the only one.

Last edited by Sylentwolf; 12-08-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Details, It's Always the Details!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

The NFL absolutely should not expand. 32 teams is a perfect number. If they expanded they'd have to add 2 teams since you'd have to keep an even number and that would only further dilute the league. I think the Chargers should move to LA. It's clear San Diego doesn't care about them. They've only sold out 1 of their 4 games this year (last week versus the Patriots when Patriots fans might have outnumbered Chargers fans), they need a new stadium, and the city has no desire to pay for a new stadium, which is understandable. The thing is nobody in LA seems to care that they don't have an NFL team. You always hear people in the national media complaining but the actual LA residents don't seem to care, as there's plenty of other things to do in LA.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

I gotta agree, 32 is the perfect #.

it always a sad thing when a city loses a team but the way it's set up right now is pretty uniform all around.

if they expand the schedule, then maybe another team or 2 could be added but even that wouldn't be necessary b/c they could just schedule more inter-conference games.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

on a side note....this is why it's great being a packer fan.....the team isn't going anywhere!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

We need a football team All I got our my Lakers and stinkin Dodger divorce drama lol
Old 10-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Acquire the small market Jaguars! Got Em!!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

None of the above. No expansion or moving teams. The NFL doesn't need a team in L.A.

Plus L.A. fans are fickle..as soon as it's no longer the cool thing to do..they move onto something else.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit29 View Post
Plus L.A. fans are fickle..as soon as it's no longer the cool thing to do..they move onto something else.
Yeah, it's kind of funny how USC football was the biggest thing in town a couple years ago when they were title contenders but now nobody cares about them except Will Ferrell, who is probably the only celebrity fan that actually graduated from USC.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

It ain't the Jaguars. Everbank signed a contract long term so that should keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville where they belong.

I love you Magic, but please leave us alone!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Power Member

May 2008
O-town FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
It ain't the Jaguars. Everbank signed a contract long term so that should keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville where they belong.

I drove by Jacksonville over the weekend. Saw a glimpse of the stadium from 95.... I miss that place
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #11

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucenpico View Post
I drove by Jacksonville over the weekend. Saw a glimpse of the stadium from 95.... I miss that place
It ain't the same like it was back in the late 90's. They have those tarps covering some of the nose bleed sections.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

They had their chance. Twice. Raiders, Rams. How long did either last?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I've been a Jags fan since day one but I'll go ahead and say it. If any city doesn't deserve a team it's Jacksonville. I believe the team was listed as the least valuable franchise according to Forbes again this year and the fan base is terrible. Even back in the late 90's when they had their finest teams the crowds were unimpressive. It's probably inevitable that we lose the Jags. And I'll be damn sad when that day comes.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
It ain't the same like it was back in the late 90's. They have those tarps covering some of the nose bleed sections.
Which is really a tragedy. Some of my greatest days watching football were sitting in those cheap seats at ALL-TELL Stadium. I was at both the 1999 Divisional game Jacksonville beat Miami in, which coincidentally was Dan Marino's final NFL game and the following week at the AFC Title Game against Tennessee that we lost. I was sure at the time it was just the beginning of something special. Instead it turned out to be one great year followed by many years of misery.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:

The Jags contract with EverBank will do nothing to keep the team in Jacksonville. It was a very minor contract, worth $16.6 million over 5 years, or in other words less money than recently benched 2008 first round draft pick Derrick Harvey got in guaranteed money in his rookie contract ($17.175) and less than half the value of Harvey's total deal ($33.4 million, although he'll never see all that money).

The Jags have sold out all their games this year and if they keep selling out games they'll be out of the discussion for teams that will leave. The Vikings are a very real possibility for relocation. Their stadium is crap and lease expires after the 2011 season. They are not going to sign another lease at the Metrodome and if there isn't real progress on a new stadium by then the owner will look seriously at other locations.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #16

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
The Jags contract with EverBank will do nothing to keep the team in Jacksonville. It was a very minor contract, worth $16.6 million over 5 years, or in other words less money than recently benched 2008 first round draft pick Derrick Harvey got in guaranteed money in his rookie contract ($17.175) and less than half the value of Harvey's total deal ($33.4 million, although he'll never see all that money).

The Jags have sold out all their games this year and if they keep selling out games they'll be out of the discussion for teams that will leave. The Vikings are a very real possibility for relocation. Their stadium is crap and lease expires after the 2011 season. They are not going to sign another lease at the Metrodome and if there isn't real progress on a new stadium by then the owner will look seriously at other locations.
I love how you keep it real!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
They had their chance. Twice. Raiders, Rams. How long did either last?
According to Wiki... The Rams were in Los Angeles from 1946-1979. And in Anaheim from 1980-1994. So they were there for quite sometime.

Raiders were in Los Angeles 1982-1994.

The NFL is the biggest sport in the US without a team in LA.
San Diego, San Francisco and especially the Raiders are all having trouble selling tickets.. I don't think adding another team to California is going to work. People just don't have the money...More fans are staying home with fantasy football and big HDTVs. You see more at home anyway without all the headaches of going to the game.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
in the garbage
Send a message via Yahoo to bageleaterkkjji Send a message via Skype™ to bageleaterkkjji

how bout them vikings without childress......purple and golf x2 can't go wrong there
Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I believe that Al Davis would agree to move the Raiders back to L.A. if the city agreed to build them a new stadium. He will not go back and play in the collosseum again. That being said, I like them better in Oakland.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit29 View Post
San Diego, San Francisco and especially the Raiders are all having trouble selling tickets.. I don't think adding another team to California is going to work. People just don't have the money...More fans are staying home with fantasy football and big HDTVs. You see more at home anyway without all the headaches of going to the game.
I don't think it's about a lack of disposable income; I think it's a case of too many entertainment options vying for consumers' dollars that makes an NFL presence a less-than-viable option, if not unnecessary. California has three mediocre teams at the moment; do we really need a fourth?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

Tags
football, los angeles, nfl