Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Addams Family Values (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Ratatouille 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
28 min ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.59
4 hrs ago
Hell Comes to Frogtown (Blu-ray)
$21.99
20 hrs ago
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Cars 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
28 min ago
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Inside Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Brave 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
28 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: Dunk of the Night?
DeMar Derozan - East Bay Funk Remix 0 0%
Serge Ibaka - Free Throw Line 3 20.00%
Blake Griffin - 360 Two Hand 2 13.33%
JaVale McGee - Two Balls, Two Rims 3 20.00%
DeMar Derozan - Show Stopper 2 13.33%
Serge Ibaka - Teddy Bear Rescue 0 0%
Blake Griffin - Baseline Alleyoop Windmill 0 0%
JaVale McGee - Three Balls 1 6.67%
Blake Griffin - Lob Off Backboard Elbow Jam 0 0%
JaVale McGee - Reverse Cradle Jam 1 6.67%
Blake Griffin - Jump Over Car 3 20.00%
JaVale McGee - Lob Off backboard Slam 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
Default Best Dunk In 2011 Slam Dunk Contest

Ok so this years slam dunk contest was very entertaining and some new creative and difficult dunks were attempted. What did u feel was the best dunk of the entire night? Also if u can list the top five of the night. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
Default Top 5

1. DeMar Derozan - Show Stopper
2. Javale McGee - Two Balls Two Rims
3. Javale McGee - Three Balls
4. Blake Griffin - 360 Two Hand
5. Blake Griffin - Lob Off Backboard Elbow Jam

If JaVale wouldve saved his first two dunks for the finals he wouldve easily won but then again he may not have made it to the finals without them lol. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

Oh my God I don't know who any of those people are. The NBA has officially left me for dead.

Was it a good contest?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

I was actually a little disappointed with the dunk contest.

The last time I really had any interest in the dunk contest was with Vince Carter, then I really enjoyed Dwight Howard. Since then, It really has just been lame use of props and copycat dunks. Not to mention, these guys get unlimited attempts (time permitting of course) to attempt their dunks. To me, after they miss the first ten tries the actual dunk loses its thunder!

Well this year, I was highly anticipating watching Blake Griffin...and don't get me wrong, he has hops and talent...but watching Kenny Smith talk all night about not using props and then on the final dunk they bring out a prop?!? and a choir?!?! WTF! Then the dunk wasn't really any good. The car should have been a little further from the hoop, and he should have jumped over the roof not the hood! (I remember seeing someone on And1 Mixtape (?) jump over the roof of a car.

For me, I thought the best dunk was Ibaka from the free throw line. No it was not beautiful, and yes he is 7ft tall...but still, he actually does it from the line and not a whole step in front of it.

Overall, I was disappointed and thought Griffin did not deserve to win.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
Oh my God I don't know who any of those people are. The NBA has officially left me for dead.

Was it a good contest?
Wow do u follow the NBA? U dont know who Blake "must see tv" Griffin is? I thought it was a very good slam dunk contest actually. The first round was much better than the final round though. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
I was actually a little disappointed with the dunk contest.

The last time I really had any interest in the dunk contest was with Vince Carter, then I really enjoyed Dwight Howard. Since then, It really has just been lame use of props and copycat dunks. Not to mention, these guys get unlimited attempts (time permitting of course) to attempt their dunks. To me, after they miss the first ten tries the actual dunk loses its thunder!

Well this year, I was highly anticipating watching Blake Griffin...and don't get me wrong, he has hops and talent...but watching Kenny Smith talk all night about not using props and then on the final dunk they bring out a prop?!? and a choir?!?! WTF! Then the dunk wasn't really any good. The car should have been a little further from the hoop, and he should have jumped over the roof not the hood! (I remember seeing someone on And1 Mixtape (?) jump over the roof of a car.

For me, I thought the best dunk was Ibaka from the free throw line. No it was not beautiful, and yes he is 7ft tall...but still, he actually does it from the line and not a whole step in front of it.

Overall, I was disappointed and thought Griffin did not deserve to win.
Yea Ibaka definitely did it the furthest but like u said it wasnt pretty lol. Blake did deserve to win based off the dunks made in the finals however Derozan and McGee had the better first round dunks. Iveral I was very satisfied with the contest and the creativity was at an all time high. I agree the last dunk by Griffin was weak and all that build up for nuthin. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Wow do u follow the NBA? U dont know who Blake "must see tv" Griffin is? I thought it was a very good slam dunk contest actually. The first round was much better than the final round though. Got Em!!
Not really anymore. I go to some Magic games. I know who the big stars are, but the game is different than it was when I was growing up. Maybe I was just young and naive.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
Not really anymore. I go to some Magic games. I know who the big stars are, but the game is different than it was when I was growing up. Maybe I was just young and naive.
Yea man Blake Griffin is a beast. First rookie to ever make the allstar game. He leads the whole NBA in dunks. He will be a mega star. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

I thought my favorite (difficult) dunk of the night was Derozan's miss...well, I believe he made it but called it a miss? (I could not find it on google video), the one hand behind the back jam. I thought it was the most talented dunk of the night. My opinion of course.

Can anyone find a link to that dunk?

check out this video...about 1:09 into it, a guy does one similar to the one i'm talking about. And then about 1:54 into it, he does it over a motorcycle!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
He leads the whole NBA in dunks.
Dwight Howard leads the NBA.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
I thought my favorite (difficult) dunk of the night was Derozan's miss...well, I believe he made it but called it a miss? (I could not find it on google video), the one hand behind the back jam. I thought it was the most talented dunk of the night. My opinion of course.

Can anyone find a link to that dunk?

check out this video...about 1:09 into it, a guy does one similar to the one i'm talking about. And then about 1:54 into it, he does it over a motorcycle!
Derozan only had two dunks and the other one was that between the legs dunk. if thats the one u are referring to I dont think so. I think Javale's first two dunks were easily more difficult. Got Em!!

Quote:
Dwight Howard leads the NBA.
No he doesnt. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
No he doesnt. Got Em!!
Pretty sure Howard is the dunk leader (154) over Blake (137) going by my last count.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan_05 View Post
Pretty sure Howard is the dunk leader (154) over Blake (137) going by my last count.
I just looked it up and it says Griffin leads the NBA in dunks with 137 and they even said it during allstar weekend. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
I just looked it up and it says Griffin leads the NBA in dunks with 137 and they even said it during allstar weekend. Got Em!!
I just looked it up.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/dunk-o-...999&_1:col_1=5

What site did you find it on?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan_05 View Post
I just looked it up.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/dunk-o-...999&_1:col_1=5

What site did you find it on?
I googled it and found a new article about allstar weekend and it said he led the NBA with 137 dunks. Who knows man. Its no big deal but thats what I saw. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Wow Moviefan & Dexter yall really like that dunk over the car? I was very disappointed. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
(11:37 into video)

I know it reads like Dwight is second, but its saying Griffin is second...in parenthesis is the leader Howard who has 154 dunks.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

i liked the old school free throw dunk.. slightly better than jordans imo

Jump over car was least fav

Hey Czar how old is the kid now? i can hear is first words now... ga ga ga GOT EM!.... should bring tears to your eyes

Last edited by Navster; 02-21-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
(11:37 into video)

I know it reads like Dwight is second, but its saying Griffin is second...in parenthesis is the leader Howard who has 154 dunks.
Cant see the vid here at work but I guess they made an error then. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavsterKing View Post
i liked the old school free throw dunk.. slightly better than jordans imo

Jump over car was least fav

Hey Czar how old is the kid now? i can hear is first words now... ga ga ga GOT EM!.... should bring tears to your eyes
What better than Jordan's?????? Haahahah. Yes he may have jumped a inch or two further out but he had no style whatsoever. Jordan looked like an eagle with flare soaring through the air with great style. Not only did he kick his legs but he even double pumped. Thats why Jordan's free throw line jam is like no other including Dr. J who also didnt have much style to it. he was just the first to do it. Jordan's dunk was a thing of beauty. I cant believe u said that man haha.

The kid is 8 months now and getting bigger and badder haha. Thats my lil man. He will jump from the 3 point line some day and dunk 4 balls lololol. Got Em!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Cant see the vid here at work but I guess they made an error then. Got Em!!

What better than Jordan's?????? Haahahah. Yes he may have jumped a inch or two further out but he had no style whatsoever. Jordan looked like an eagle with flare soaring through the air with great style. Not only did he kick his legs but he even double pumped. Thats why Jordan's free throw line jam is like no other including Dr. J who also didnt have much style to it. he was just the first to do it. Jordan's dunk was a thing of beauty. I cant believe u said that man haha.

The kid is 8 months now and getting bigger and badder haha. Thats my lil man. He will jump from the 3 point line some day and dunk 4 balls lololol. Got Em!!
lol i know Jordans was better, im jus messin with you

I actually have that soaring dunk photo autographed with COA from upper deck, not that i would ever sell it, but i wonder how much its worth
Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavsterKing View Post
lol i know Jordans was better, im jus messin with you

I actually have that soaring dunk photo autographed with COA from upper deck, not that i would ever sell it, but i wonder how much its worth
Ok man u had me worried for a minute haha. MJ is 2nd to none in no regards lol. Im sure that poster may be loot and u can ebay it lol. "Do u know the way to use ebay" Got Em!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls