Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04
3 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Who Saw Her Die? (Blu-ray)
$26.42
6 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: Who Do U Think Is The Best Player In The NBA?
Carmelo Anthony 1 2.78%
Kobe Bryant 5 13.89%
Kevin Durant 5 13.89%
Dwight Howard 1 2.78%
LeBron James 16 44.44%
Dirk Nowitzki 0 0%
Derrick Rose 4 11.11%
Dwyane Wade 1 2.78%
Other 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #21

Oct 2011
NB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I agree with this assessment. Kobe may be more injury-prone and doesn't quite have the support staff to make another legitimate run for the title, but the measure of one's greatness (past or current) is still defined by how many titles one was instrumental in bringing to his team and city; at last check, he had five, which is still five more than LeBron has to his credit.

I don't think anyone is better than Kobe in the clutch (especially with the game on the line), with the exception of Jordan.
I disagree with this assessment. Kobe may be more willing to launch a game winning shot, but his decision making is very poor. He's willing to take contested double teamed shots instead of passing to an open man. The Lakers supporting cast has shown time and time again they are clutch. I can only remember 1 clutch shot that Kobe has made in his many playoff runs, that 1 being against the Suns in the 1st round exit. Kobe is remembered as clutch, but his teammates (Fisher, Artest, Horry) are the ones making the memorable shots. Kobe vs LeBron in the clutch is debatable, as LeBron is a willing passer looks for the best shot available for his team. Almost every other catagory LeBron takes it.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Kobe is past his prime now, but at his best he was a better pure scorer than Lebron ever will be. Lebron is better at passing and rebounding than Kobe, but not significantly enough to gain an edge in the all-time match-up.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #23

Oct 2011
NB, Canada

Kobe is a pure scorer, that's what he does best, but he doesn't even do it efficiently. LeBron scores as many points, but also passes, rebounds, defends better, and he does it efficiently. LeBron also makes his teammates better by winning. He put up monster numbers with success on a crappy team in Cleveland, and he's putting up monster numbers and with a good team in Miami. If Kobe had more success when Shaq left, I would give him more respect in that regard.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Kobe is past his prime now, but at his best he was a better pure scorer than Lebron ever will be. Lebron is better at passing and rebounding than Kobe, but not significantly enough to gain an edge in the all-time match-up.
Hard to say "ever" as LeBron is still fairly young but so far he isn't near what Kobe was at his prime. Maybe magic can happen and suddenly he'll achieve the same mental dominance Kobe and Jordan have to go along with his physical abilities.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

It's pointless to compare Kobe and Lebron. It's like comparing Magic to Jordan. They dominate in two totally different styles.

To me Lebron is prime-Jason Kidd on steroids. Or better yet what Grant Hill could have been had he ever peaked. Lebron looks like he grew up wanting to be Magic while Kobe looks like he grew up wanting to be Jordan.

Lebron will never be able to be the built to score 50 player like Kobe and Kobe will never be the walking triple double that Lebron is. We'll see flashes of eachother in both of them every now and then because they're both so dominant but that's about it.

But right now Lebron is the best player in the league. Yes rings count but so does age. I don't exactly have Duncan in my top 2 either.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
It's pointless to compare Kobe and Lebron. It's like comparing Magic to Jordan. They dominate in two totally different styles.

To me Lebron is prime-Jason Kidd on steroids. Or better yet what Grant Hill could have been had he ever peaked. Lebron looks like he grew up wanting to be Magic while Kobe looks like he grew up wanting to be Jordan.
The Magic/Jordan analogy, as it relates to LeBron and Kobe, is an interesting one. It's fairly evident that Kobe's game/style of play is closer to Jordan's, seeing as both played the shooting guard position, with scoring being the primary objective of their role. However, Jordan did play as a small forward as well, which is what LeBron's role is currently; in addition to scoring, he's also counted on for his rebounding and foul shooting, as well as a stronger emphasis on defence. Given that the small forward position may be the most versatile of all five positions, it makes sense that LeBron's game is more well-rounded than Kobe's, but that doesn't diminish what Kobe has achieved.

I don't think there is a consensus best player in the NBA because each star is defined by their obligations, abilities and accomplishments in their respective position. It would make sense to discuss whom was the best at each position.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Here is how I rank the top 8 players in the NBA. Got Em!!

1. Derrick Rose
2. Kobe Bryant
3. LeBron James
4. Kevin Durant
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Dwight Howard
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Carmelo Anthony
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls