Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
12 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
2 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

Evil Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.56
12 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$10.99
8 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69
13 hrs ago
The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$36.68
9 hrs ago
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls

View Poll Results: Is Lebron James better than Michael Jordan?
Yes 14 6.67%
Not yet 55 26.19%
Never will be 141 67.14%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
I'm not even going to argue with you about this. A blind man would know that Lebron makes EVERYONE around him better. That is just an undeniable fact. If you don't see that, than I just can't help you bud.
Who has he made better? Shaq made Wade better, but Lebron has done nothing to make him better. Bosh is better but that comes from having anybody other than him on the team.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

I want to have this debate in 5 or 6 years. Obviously it's MJ right now but I think it'll be a fun one when Lebron is in his mid 30s.

Quote:
“He’s a leader. He gets on the court, he tells people what to do … this guy can guard five [positions] … put him on anybody, he can guard him. I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I’ve ever seen … I didn’t think it was close … and I’m not so sure anymore … this guy is 6-9, 260 pounds and he’s getting better … I know we’ve had great, great players through the years. He’s like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well.”
- Jim Boeheim, fall 2012

Quote:
"I do think he can be better than Michael. I thought I would never compare somebody to Michael Jordan. But this guy, LeBron James, he does everything well. Michael did everything well. LeBron James is just bigger, stronger, faster. That's the only difference."
- Charles Barkley, fall 2012.

Last edited by West E; 03-15-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
I'm not even going to argue with you about this. A blind man would know that Lebron makes EVERYONE around him better. That is just an undeniable fact. If you don't see that, than I just can't help you bud.
Show the stats from a few years of playing with Lebron lets see if he can make people better as I can show you stats on Rodman, Salley, Longley, before during and after MJ, and guess what all 3 of these players had increased stats During there playing time with MJ and were worse before and after playing with him. MJ made players its a undeniable fact. Ill even take just Bosh and Wade look at there numbers since the trio came together, they are about the same as what they were before.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #44
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
I disagree to an extent a few guys got elevated a tad with the cavs (west, that derpy looking guy with the blonde curly hair), but even when they had the best record in the NBA and he started crying about his finger that team didn't raise the bar because of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
Who has he made better? Shaq made Wade better, but Lebron has done nothing to make him better. Bosh is better but that comes from having anybody other than him on the team.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Show the stats from a few years of playing with Lebron lets see if he can make people better as I can show you stats on Rodman, Salley, Longley, before during and after MJ, and guess what all 3 of these players had increased stats During there playing time with MJ and were worse before and after playing with him. MJ made players its a undeniable fact. Ill even take just Bosh and Wade look at there numbers since the trio came together, they are about the same as what they were before.
Agree.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #45

Feb 2013
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
If you watched both generations, majority would pick Jordan. If you only watched this generation, you're most likely going to pick James.

Number of Championships speaks the truth so if I had to pick one. It would be Michael Jordan without question.

EDIT: To participate on the poll. I selected "Not Yet". As far as Legacy goes. I don't think anyone will top Michael Jordan's impact when he left the game, despite coming back from retirement to play with the Wizards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Lebron needs at least 3 more titles before I'd even consider putting him in Jordan's class.
Based off these two posts, Bill Russell is the best player to ever play in the NBA, and Derek Fisher/Pau Gasol are better players than John Stockton/Karl Malone.

Championships do not make the player. Can LeBron do what Jordan did? No. Could Jordan do what LeBron does? No.

If you want to compare LeBron to a player of the past, compare him to Magic. Two of the best all around players ever to play the game.

It should be Kobe vs Jordan and LeBron vs Magic. And in my opinion, there is no one close to LeBron's level in the NBA right now. Winning the championship has changed him (for better) and it's nice to see that.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

I thought it was commonsense that he makes his teammates better.

-one of the best passers in the league
-always gets at least 7 assists per game
-everybody gets open shots playing with him
-one of the most unselfish stars in the game
-is basically the "director" of the Heat (and the Olympic team LOL). Watch him on offense early in the shotclock. He's the QB even if he doesn't have the ball.

You could argue some of these make it "easier" for them. Some people's stats will go down playing with Lebron but their efficiency will go up. That's the nature of the beast. He's close to a triple double everynight. The guy knows how to lead and that's the biggest thing. Is that making your teammates better or is it being a 9apg PG on a lesser team?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post

-one of the most unselfish stars in the game
BULLSHIT 3-4 years he has been known to quit in the playoffs when they are down. Winners and real players dont get selfish and cry like babies and give up when you are playing for a championship.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayneMartin View Post
Based off these two posts, Bill Russell is the best player to ever play in the NBA, and Derek Fisher/Pau Gasol are better players than John Stockton/Karl Malone.

Championships do not make the player. Can LeBron do what Jordan did? No. Could Jordan do what LeBron does? No.

If you want to compare LeBron to a player of the past, compare him to Magic. Two of the best all around players ever to play the game.

It should be Kobe vs Jordan and LeBron vs Magic. And in my opinion, there is no one close to LeBron's level in the NBA right now. Winning the championship has changed him (for better) and it's nice to see that.
exxxxxactly.

I would say Magic or Barkley (90-93 version only LOL).
Old 03-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Quote:
BULLSHIT 3-4 years he has been known to quit in the playoffs when they are down. Winners and real players dont get selfish and cry like babies and give up when you are playing for a championship.
Kobe's quit or gotten selfish a few times in the Playoffs/Finals (Suns, Pistons, Spurs in 03). Is he not a real player?? Lebron never quit. He simply didn't have a clue how to play with the '11 Heat roster. He never gave up though to make a statement like Kobe did vs PHX or get selfish like Kobe did vs DET or SAN. Hell, I remember when Jordan was known as a choker for quite a while. Couldn't get over the hump and became a ballhog every year is what the media would slam him with. Anything else I can help you with?

Last edited by West E; 03-15-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #50

Feb 2013
Southern California

Quote:
He meant unselfish as in he doesn't take dumbass triple covered shots and doesn't care about scoring 30+ a night, he'd rather get an assist. And he carried a Cleveland team that had no right to even be in the playoffs. The Cleveland organization didn't try to get actual GOOD players around him, and he got tired of it and left. I don't blame him. Would you stay at a job you hate? If it weren't for a RED HOT Mavs team (who weren't the best team that year, they just got super hot and Dirk wasn't human) they'd have two championships right now. Did you not see his series against the Celtics last year and then the finals?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Kobe's quit or gotten selfish a few times in the Playoffs/Finals (Suns, Pistons, Spurs in 03). Is he not a real player?? Lebron never quit. He simply didn't have a clue how to play with the '11 Heat roster. He never gave up though to make a statement like Kobe did vs PHX or get selfish like Kobe did vs DET or SAN. Hell, I remember when Jordan was known as a choker for quite a while. Couldn't get over the hump and became a ballhog every year is what the media would slam him with. Anything else I can help you with?
Yes and I admitted Jordan changed his game that's how he finally got over the Pistons which were the team that seemed to hold him back. As for the Kobe whining yea I agree with that but in 04 when they lost to the Pistons the entire team just gave up after game 2.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:

Well when you smile and say fans can go back to their crappy lives and play it off like you didn't just lose a major game that speaks volumes about where his character was at, and frankly his desire to win and be the best.

That being said I think he's made major strides this year and those things I mentioned above can be acquired, but early on and into the miami run it was clear he was content with relaying on his skills and making the money and being loved by his supporters.

Last edited by supersix4; 03-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #53
Banned

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Lol that's the thing Jordan is so relevant without the spotlight without being on tv. I don't care if bill russell won 30 championships if the world doesn't view you as relevant you don't matter.
Really? lol So what your saying is if someone wins more championships than Jordan he's a nobody.

Anyways, the only player that can be compare to Jordan is Lebron James!!! On Espn or any other network are always comparing him to Jordan... not Kobe or Magic. So please people stop hating on this guy!

Last edited by IMAX 3D; 03-16-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #54
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Aniston View Post
Really? lol So what your saying is if someone wins more championships than Jordan he's a nobody.
lol comprehension isn't for everyone What I'm saying is if your just some name in a book and a few highlights on espn classic thats all well and good but your legacy will continue to get buried in the history books which equals irrelevant. For example do you care about Nat Holman (I bet your googling that name right now)? The answer is more than likely no, I know I don't care about him.

A guy like Jordan has transcended this without having to beg for media publicity which he certainly could get if he wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Aniston View Post
Espn or any other network are always comparing him to Jordan.
I forgot because espn and NBAtv say something its gospel

That was very funny though.

Last edited by supersix4; 03-16-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayneMartin View Post

Championships do not make the player.
Can LeBron do what Jordan did? No. Could Jordan do what LeBron does? No.

Can't stand when people make this statement. Championships do matter when comparing great players to other great players. People that say 'well that must mean Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino right?' No that's not what that means. No one in their right mind is going to compare Dilfer to Marino but when you make a comparison between two great players like Lebron/Michael/Kobe then you have to look at championships as a criteria. It's not the only criteria but it is a criteria. So championships do make the player when the player is Lebron or Michael and not Derek Fisher or Steve Kerr.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Lebron never quit. He simply didn't have a clue how to play with the '11 Heat roster.
The '11 Heat is the last season I think of when I think of "Lebron quitting". It's all those years with the Cavs. Inevitably, in the round which he exited, he'd look like he just didn't care/wasn't trying.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
The '11 Heat is the last season I think of when I think of "Lebron quitting". It's all those years with the Cavs. Inevitably, in the round which he exited, he'd look like he just didn't care/wasn't trying.
Well he, Wade, and Bosh played the entire '11 Season like they were playing for the East squad. No one knew when to distribute, shoot, etc. Lebron didn't quit but he didn't know how to attack the zone and he thought he could beat it by being John Stockton or trying to shoot his way out of it. It was like no one wanted to be a ball hog. Every game they played was ugly.

In 2012 he reverted back to Cleveland mode and went alpha dog on the Heat and the whole league. Him destroying Boston in Game 6 last year is still one of the best "in the zone" games i've ever seen.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #58
Banned

Feb 2013
California

Quote:
Well he, Wade, and Bosh played the entire '11 Season like they were playing for the East squad. No one knew when to distribute, shoot, etc. Lebron didn't quit but he didn't know how to attack the zone and he thought he could beat it by being John Stockton or trying to shoot his way out of it. It was like no one wanted to be a ball hog. Every game they played was ugly.

In 2012 he reverted back to Cleveland mode and went alpha dog on the Heat and the whole league. Him destroying Boston in Game 6 last year is still one of the best "in the zone" games i've ever seen.

Agreed.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Anyone who definitively answers "never will be" are either uninformed or just hates LeBron. The answer is "not yet." It's simply too early to tell.

Lets assume Miami wins the NBA title again this season and LeBron is Finals MVP. Not a stretch as Miami is the favorite. I'm also assuming LeBron wins MVP this season, which is guaranteed. Here would be the accomplishments for Jordan and LeBron each at age 28. Their accomplishments are virtually identical. Who ends up having the best career depends entirely on how James performs for the remainder of his career.

Jordan:
2x NBA Champion
2x Finals MVP
3x League MVP
6x All-NBA 1st Team

LeBron:
2x NBA Champion
2x Finals MVP
4x League MVP
7x All-NBA 1st Team

Last edited by ChadFL; 03-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #60
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Anyone who definitively answers "never will be" are either uninformed or just hates LeBron. The answer is "not yet." It's simply too early to tell.

Lets assume Miami wins the NBA title again this season and LeBron is Finals MVP. Not a stretch as Miami is the favorite. I'm also assuming LeBron wins MVP this season, which is guaranteed. Here would be the accomplishments for Jordan and LeBron each at age 28. Their accomplishments are virtually identical. Who ends up having the best career depends entirely on how James performs for the remainder of his career.

Jordan:
2x NBA Champion
2x Finals MVP
3x League MVP
6x All-NBA 1st Team

LeBron:
2x NBA Champion
2x Finals MVP
4x League MVP
7x All-NBA 1st Team
The LBJ fan club is pleased to announce it's newest vice president.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Sports Polls