Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
10 hrs ago
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27
7 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
10 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
18 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
20 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93
 
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
 
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Automotive


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #21
daisuke149 daisuke149 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
An 06' Hyundai Tiburon for me.
oh hi there buddy!

03 tiburon gt.

Lol for whoever listed mod's.. but yeah was a modded car.. Till Camry + Tiburon = accident. Back to stock now.

Oh well waiting for my next car hopefully january
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:12 AM   #22
gvortex7 gvortex7 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
gvortex7's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL
18
105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
oh hi there buddy!

03 tiburon gt.

Lol for whoever listed mod's.. but yeah was a modded car.. Till Camry + Tiburon = accident. Back to stock now.

Oh well waiting for my next car hopefully january
Nice to see a fellow Tibby rider.

I heard that next year Hyundai is releasing a whole new 300 HP V6 rear wheel drive coupe to compete with the Z350 and G35. I might trade my Tibby in for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:13 AM   #23
daisuke149 daisuke149 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2007
Default

thats not till 2009. its a genesis coupe. looks cool. larger than current. 6 speed auto or manual. 300 + horses. they havnt announced exactly how much but over 300. said to be a very well balanced *weight ratio* car.

benchmark for performance was apparently the m3 so hopefully they hit their mark.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #24
gvortex7 gvortex7 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
gvortex7's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL
18
105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
thats not till 2009. its a genesis coupe. looks cool. larger than current. 6 speed auto or manual. 300 + horses. they havnt announced exactly how much but over 300. said to be a very well balanced *weight ratio* car.

benchmark for performance was apparently the m3 so hopefully they hit their mark.
I think the Genesis name is only a concept name and won't stick when the car actually goes into production.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #25
turboedguy turboedguy is offline
Banned
 
turboedguy's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Santa Clarita Ca.
Default

[IMG][/IMG]

Ford Econoline with 22" lift 44" swampers,1 ton dana 60s, NP 205 transfer case, 351 w/turbonetics 61-1. I also have a 1st gen 86 crx with a turboed b16, but its got over 400 hp to the wheels and a little silly on the streets. But most the time I drive my Hooptie, a 91 honda civic 4-door, lx.

[IMG][/IMG]

my crx, well, the part that matters! 1/4 mile 10.9 @126 mph 1.7 60ft. @16psi

Last edited by turboedguy; 11-25-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added pic
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #26
timer00 timer00 is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Eastern PA
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedguy View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Ford Econoline with 22" lift 44" swampers,1 ton dana 60s, NP 205 transfer case, 351 w/turbonetics 61-1. I also have a 1st gen 86 crx with a turboed b16, but its got over 400 hp and a little silly on the streets. But most the time I drive my Hooptie, a 91 honda civic 4-door, lx.
Holy Mary Mother of God !! haha nice!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:12 AM   #27
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

I drive a 2001 Chevy Silverado. I am in the process of getting a '76 Firebird on the road. Still looking for a good big block to put in it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #28
mzab24 mzab24 is offline
Active Member
 
mzab24's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Mass
693
1
Send a message via Yahoo to mzab24
Default

this is my baby!





click on the picks to enlarge!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #29
BStecke BStecke is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BStecke's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
63
471
1
1
5
Default

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE
Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll be in a BMW 335xi.


I'd take a stab at that Durango You ever take it to the track? What do you run in the 1/4?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #30
vladittude0583 vladittude0583 is offline
Senior Member
 
vladittude0583's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Jacksonville, FL
398
1
2
Send a message via AIM to vladittude0583 Send a message via Yahoo to vladittude0583
Default What I Drive

I own a 2006 Mazda 5 Touring Edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

2001 ford laser
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #32
Footloose301 Footloose301 is offline
Special Member
 
Footloose301's Avatar
 
May 2007
Fort Myers, FL
38
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStecke View Post
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE
Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll be in a BMW 335xi.


I'd take a stab at that Durango You ever take it to the track? What do you run in the 1/4?
I went out last weekend and test drove the EVO, STI, and 350Zs. Still undecided about which one to get. The EVO looks better and feels better but I'd want to crank up the boost and its already at 14 or 16psi so that scares me. The STI sounds AWESOME with the boxer engine, I love the way it purrs but the interior is awful. And the 350Z is 2 door. So I'm stuck.

Anyways.... I got money on the EVO. I know a few people with EVOs beating the newer GTO's with have 400HP....so the 370HP, heavier SUV.....idk.....maybe
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #33
xtop xtop is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
xtop's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
-
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I went out last weekend and test drove the EVO, STI, and 350Zs. Still undecided about which one to get. The EVO looks better and feels better but I'd want to crank up the boost and its already at 14 or 16psi so that scares me. The STI sounds AWESOME with the boxer engine, I love the way it purrs but the interior is awful. And the 350Z is 2 door. So I'm stuck.

Anyways.... I got money on the EVO. I know a few people with EVOs beating the newer GTO's with have 400HP....so the 370HP, heavier SUV.....idk.....maybe
you pretty much hit it spot on. the sti is nice, but the inside is complete trash. the evo is the sweet spot between those 3 cars. but how often are you really going to be racing? personally, i've learned that a nice luxury car is the way to go. and they can still have a decent amount of power. check out an audi s4 or a bmw m5. unless you're wanting to buy a new car, i bet the audi and bmw, new, would be a bit out of your range lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #34
Footloose301 Footloose301 is offline
Special Member
 
Footloose301's Avatar
 
May 2007
Fort Myers, FL
38
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
you pretty much hit it spot on. the sti is nice, but the inside is complete trash. the evo is the sweet spot between those 3 cars. but how often are you really going to be racing? personally, i've learned that a nice luxury car is the way to go. and they can still have a decent amount of power. check out an audi s4 or a bmw m5. unless you're wanting to buy a new car, i bet the audi and bmw, new, would be a bit out of your range lol
I was also looking at some slightly used M3's. Love those, but would prefer new. Trying to stay below $40k on a new car so Audi and BMW are out and I don't like any of the new BMW's, they're all ugly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #35
calcajun calcajun is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
Default

Mine!











  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #36
xtop xtop is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
xtop's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
-
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I was also looking at some slightly used M3's. Love those, but would prefer new. Trying to stay below $40k on a new car so Audi and BMW are out and I don't like any of the new BMW's, they're all ugly.
i can understand that. and i partly agree with you with the looks of the new bmw's. the new 6 series is where its at tho. but again, probably a little out of your range.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #37
Footloose301 Footloose301 is offline
Special Member
 
Footloose301's Avatar
 
May 2007
Fort Myers, FL
38
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
i can understand that. and i partly agree with you with the looks of the new bmw's. the new 6 series is where its at tho. but again, probably a little out of your range.
Not necessarily out of my range, just hate seeing depreciation. You can buy an Audi all day long for dirt cheap at just a year or two old. Also I think some people are just ridiculous with $1000/month car payments, no thanks. I'd rather put that towards a down payment on a house.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #38
xtop xtop is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
xtop's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
-
-
-
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
Not necessarily out of my range, just hate seeing depreciation. You can buy an Audi all day long for dirt cheap at just a year or two old. Also I think some people are just ridiculous with $1000/month car payments, no thanks. I'd rather put that towards a down payment on a house.
not sure which audi's youre looking at, but anytime i try to find a decent s4 its selling for 35k lol. and the sti and evo are 2 of the highest cars to insure. and its not like every car doesn't depreciate. get a honda or toyota if you're worried about that
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #39
Footloose301 Footloose301 is offline
Special Member
 
Footloose301's Avatar
 
May 2007
Fort Myers, FL
38
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
not sure which audi's youre looking at, but anytime i try to find a decent s4 its selling for 35k lol. and the sti and evo are 2 of the highest cars to insure. and its not like every car doesn't depreciate. get a honda or toyota if you're worried about that
Not worried about insurance. Atleast the EVO and STI keep their values, seeing as how they're somewhat rare.

I was just looking at some other Titans this past weekend too and theres some 2 years old and the stealerships are selling them for only $5-8,000 less than new.



Very nice car, but depreciation like crazy. 1 year old and it lost $15-25,000. I know all cars depreciate, but thats excessive. Thats the 2006 2.0T Quattro with all the goodies for less than $18,000 and only 50,000 miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...uperSpotlight=

Oh well. This seems to be turning into a pissing match, not quite, but slightly. So, lets make room for other people to post their pics of their cars. BTW, I do give you props for making this thread, good idea.

Last edited by Footloose301; 11-25-2007 at 02:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #40
RUR RUR is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
RUR's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit
143
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
...Very nice car, but depreciation like crazy. 1 year old. You can get a 2004 for $15,000 if you look hard enough.
Footloose, the S4 is a whole different animal than the A4.

Last edited by RUR; 11-25-2007 at 02:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Automotive

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
What was your first car? Automotive toef 159 01-21-2019 08:10 AM
What car do the cops in your area drive? Automotive definitivejx 64 06-12-2018 05:32 AM
First Car Automotive thelaserdisc2000 88 05-09-2015 06:58 AM
UAB Flash Drive vs USB DRIVE vs Harddrive(fat32) Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software vamsilak 4 03-10-2009 02:41 PM
What kind of connector are used to connect the drive to the pc Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software azizali88 1 11-03-2006 11:17 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.