Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Kimagure Orange Road (Blu-ray)
$58.65
16 hrs ago
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.80
5 hrs ago
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63

FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

High School DxD: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.49

Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82

Steins;Gate 0 - Part One (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 02-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2011
Default RWBY...SPOILER FILLED ZONE! Proceed with caution...

[IMPORTANT - READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER IN THE THREAD]

I want to make this thread for the discussion of anything RWBY...the way Volume 3 has been going is just phenomenal and discussion of theories and ideas would be interesting as the series progresses through the years, being it has a 10 year storyboard layed out. Current chapter (episode) is 11 of Volume 3...and it's what prompted me to make this thread. I got things in my head I want to get out and I see ZERO RWBY threads for this on Blu-ray.com forums.

So from here on out you should really be up to date. I, or whomever will start the discussion on a newly released chapter, will put a Volume and Chapter header in bold capital text at the top of the first post for each new chapter, that way if you aren't caught up you have a stopping point until you've seen the episode. Got it? Good!

I will kick it off with the next post...so please wait to respond until I have that post up.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
Special Member

Feb 2011

VOLUME 3, CHAPTER 11

First thing I want to get out is what is with all the people saying Roman Torchwick is dead! No, he's not! 1. He was swallowed whole by a Grimm. 2. Ruby killed the Grimm that swallowed him in under 10 seconds. You know what happens to Grimm when they die right...they dissolve in a cloud of smoke/dust... So basically Torchwick was just dropped off off-screen inside the ship...to ride it down. He's got the same chance of surviving that Ironwood had...and Ironwood isn't dead. 3. Did we actually see him die? No? You know the two characters that are really dead? Penny and Amber...we saw them get killed. So yeah, Torchwick is NOT dead, just convienently placed out of the picture for now.

Secondly, at the end, when Cinder says "she was right"...for some reason I'm thinking Raven here. Neo is freaking terrified of Raven not so much of Cinder, and we know so little about her yet what we do know is she not exactly good and plays with Grimm, and it needs to be someone that knows Ozpin... I say that (based on gut instinct) Raven is the one.

Third...why the heck is no one mentioning Coco freaking clotheslining Velvet? Take your shades off Coco...you're drunk! I was like "who the heck just ran over Velvet, was that Coco?" then seeing it many more times (watching reaction videos) ...yep, it's freaking Coco...LOL

Last edited by Vracer111; 02-08-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:53 AM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2011

Whoa...I just noticed something on another rematch that I know has significance but am not sure what. The scene with Ruby fighting Neo & Torchwick, the lull in the fight where Ruby asks what they have to gain and Torchwick says it's not about what he gains, it's that he can'take afford to lose. Notice the moon in the background and Roman's position and relationship to it throughout his dialogue. There is no way that sequence is coincidence at all!

What the heck does it exactly mean though?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Westminster, Colorado USA

A few things I noticed in this episode is that Blake vs. Adam was less of a fight and more like how a lover abuses their partner, it was interesting (makes you wonder what their relationship was like). Yang is probably getting a robot arm, this volume really showcased robotic limbs, so it makes sense that's where they're going with Yang's cut off arm. I'll wait to see if this is Roman's end, sure it's anti-climatic, but its a perfectly fitting end with the irony, but Rooster Teeth is weird on who they permanently kill (Meta) or who they give a fake death (Sharkface from Season 9).

Last edited by CrazyBlu-RayFan; 02-10-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:47 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

I'm pretty sure Roman is dead. Not only did he get eaten, but the Griffin that ate him got kicked into what I assume is the power core/reactor of the airship, causing it to explode and go down. I'm not sure Roman would have survived all that.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 AM   #6
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
I'm pretty sure Roman is dead. Not only did he get eaten, but the Griffin that ate him got kicked into what I assume is the power core/reactor of the airship, causing it to explode and go down. I'm not sure Roman would have survived all that.
Same thing happened to Ironwood, but Ironwood got shot at by his own forces and wasn't inside a Grimm to shield him from an explosion when his ship exploded...Roman has much more going for him than Ironwood did. The only immediate problem with being swallowed is running out of air...surely, you've seen MIB, Pacific Rim, and Attack on Titan...all had survivors from being 'eaten'...

I'm pretty sure having Torchwick 'dead' was just a means to focus the story to what they want for the Volume finale and not have so many things going on characterwise. And Yang is pretty much a 'hands off' character at this point too...
Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Volume 3 is up for pre-order on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD.

I still say this is not Anime, but I really enjoyed the 1st 2 Volumes.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:34 AM   #8
Special Member

Feb 2011

VOLUME 3, CHAPTER 12 - FINALE

I think I can now post about it, having had time to think about it and watching it many times.

Wow, what an episode! Excellent yet horrible at the same time...LOL

Ozpin fight at the beginning was just perfect...just the right length with some epic fighting...crazy way for the first 20 seconds of the episode to begin...and I love how the first line immediately after is "That's it!", I knew with that line the fight was over and that was all we were going to see, but it was all that was needed.

So, yeah, my favorite character died...rip Pyrrha Nikos... you will be missed but not forgotten.
That was a hard watch, but at least Cinder didn't let her suffer too long - as tough as it was to watch, Cinder's incineration technique was somewhat of a mercy move for the the fatal arrow to the heart injury Pyrrha received from her. I knew as soon as I saw the rocket locker with the open door when we first see Jaune & Pyrrha that something was not going to be right...

And when Pyrrha got her Achilles shot...I pretty much knew she was going to die..and started tearing up. You know Pyrrha gave a speech about her death though:

"For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee."

Characters don't say things for no reason in this show, and this has always bugged me and been in the back of my mind. Now I can let it go...whew. Hang in there Jaune, Pyrrha got your back from her death...somehow...

Okay, so now Ruby is not going to be a Maiden but an elite warrior...just like the soundtrack said she would...imagine that...

And looks like Yang is going to need a while to collect herself together...she's pretty not herself for the immediate foreseeable future. Maybe she will let go and gather herself back by the end of Volume 4, but then again maybe her character changes into a sceptical pessimistic type for now and will have to learn what it is to care again. Will be interested in seeing her progression and what her first new prosthetic arm will be.

And we have a 'team' I've always wanted to see in Ruby, Jaune, Ren, and Nora...go, go, team Ranger!

And Cortana, you traitor!....I haz theory on Salem....and it goes that she was who Summer Rose turned into somehow....so I say Salem = Summer Rose and we will be on a long journey of figuring out how it came to be. Ozpin is probably also her captive somehow...or they have been communicating through the 4th wall or telepathically. Want to see something cool? Salem and Ozpin's full conversation thusfar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd9F...ature=youtu.be

So yeah...Volume 3...you started off slow for me, but you changed RWBY into an incredible show Rooster Teeth...Love it!

Bring on Volume 4...like right now! I'm having withdrawal symptoms...

Last edited by Vracer111; 02-23-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 AM   #9
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Volume 3 is up for pre-order on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD.

I still say this is not Anime, but I really enjoyed the 1st 2 Volumes.
It might not technically be anime, but it was created as an homage to anime and has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziz6...ature=youtu.be

So can it officially be anime now? LOL
Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
It might not technically be anime, but it was created as an homage to anime and has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziz6...ature=youtu.be

So can it officially be anime now? LOL
Heh no to me that would be like something such as The Simpsons or anything like that and calling it an Anime for being localized into Japan.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #11
Special Member

Feb 2011

Volume 3 Blu-ray available for pre-order on Amazon...and more RWBY series content with the RWBY Chibi series coming out in May...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6D...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-13-2016, 02:01 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Looking forward to picking up the Blu-ray of Volume 3 in 3 weeks. I absolutely love this series!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:02 AM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2011

Just a few of my favorite RWBY AMVs...

For absolute sick syncing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRvq...ature=youtu.be

For capturing how Volume 3 makes you feel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvE...ature=youtu.be

If you want to laugh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emzd...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Vracer111; 04-13-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #14
Special Member

Feb 2011

Hour long panel with Jeff and Casey Williams and others regarding music for mainly RWBY...

PAX east 2016...
Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

RWBY is anime - it's just not Japanese anime... so what?

I didn't even see this thread in here until just now - it will now be in my subscriptions list.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2011

Just saw this AMV for RWBY and had to post it...one of my new favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQtn...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Ha, my mother was over last night to watch some anime with me, and she happened to see my copies of RWBY 1-3 laying out on the snack table, because I had been re-arranging my anime shelves the night before. She looked at the three blu-rays and said "Ooh, this looks good! Can we watch this next?"

Awesome.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #18
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Ha, my mother was over last night to watch some anime with me, and she happened to see my copies of RWBY 1-3 laying out on the snack table, because I had been re-arranging my anime shelves the night before. She looked at the three blu-rays and said "Ooh, this looks good! Can we watch this next?"

Awesome.
Nice, you will watch in movie mode?

I've been watching the Volume 3 Blu-Ray episodes with all the different commentary tracks. The crew track is pretty interesting.

And in watching some Volume 1 reaction videos I'm pretty sure Juane will show his stuff in Volume 4. Pyrrha's aura speech CLEARLY foreshadows how her death will be the thing that releases him from what has been holding his aura back and brings him forward...
Old 06-23-2016, 02:43 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Ok, so my mom came over tonight and we watched the entire first season of RWBY, in movie mode - she's really enjoying it so far, so much so that she may be coming back tomorrow night already to watch the second season, lol. And, she told me actually loves the CGI they use for this show - she says it makes the colors really pop on my big projection screen...
Old 06-24-2016, 01:21 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

And... Second season... Done! Go, Mama, Go!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion