Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21
4 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.92
18 hrs ago
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 05-28-2019, 03:39 PM   #41
Special Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post

It appears that Paramount in no longer releasing 3D blu-rays, according to a post I read in another thread. Somebody asked Paramount in an email about an upcoming title in 3D and they confirmed that they are no longer releasing 3D blu-rays. This seems to be true as Bumblebee has no 3D blu-ray release anywhere worldwide.

For this reason I no longer support buying discs from Paramount. People should have a choice. Sometimes I prefer UHD and sometimes I prefer 3D. It depends on the technical merits of each presentation. But to drop an active format that people are still supporting? Do they think everyone has just thrown away their 3D TVs? My 2016 3D TV isn't going anywhere for a long time hopefully.

I will continue to support the studios that give us a choice. Disney is getting close to being on my black list too, but at least they are still releasing 3D in the UK. I'm sure nobody cares an iota, but I cannot support a company that thinks so little of their customers as to kill a format they know many are still using and supporting. They clearly have an agenda to kill 3D and push UHD. The harder they push, the more people will push back. I feel dirty even supporting UHD as much as I do, considering their treatment of 3D.

The funny thing is, when the studios were supporting 3D/4k combos for a brief period last year, I was a big supporter of it,a nd bought several. There have been several titles lately that I have wanted both 3D and 4k, but unless I import a France 3D/4k combo, I would have to buy both separate US releases. Instead, I buy 3D and skip UHD, when I'd pay more for the combo if they game me the choice to.

Now it looks like Paramount isn't even giving me the option of buying 3D at all.

Aquaman just got a US 3D release from Warner (Thank you!!). Yet it's the only format without the IMAX ratio!! WHY?!?

And why does France continue to get 3D/4k combos and not the US? I'm sick of this UHD agenda in the US. It's about to start saving me a lot of money because I'm going to buying a lot less discs if this is how it's going to continue. Which is a shame because I have shelves and shelves of discs from DVD to blu-ray to 3D to UHD, box sets and special editions from all regions, and it would be nice to continue supporting the studios. But they don't seem to care one bit about the consumer.

Yet they continue to sell DVDs. When was the last time you saw a standard definition TV in a retail store?
Physical discs sales are dropping in general but DVD Discs still outsells Blu-ray
DVD format still accounts for 57.9 percent of disc media sales

This is why retailers are still selling Films/TV releases on DVD Discs

Digital revenue makes more money than physical discs format
https://www.techspot.com/news/79636-...ining-dvd.html

Last edited by paulboland; 05-28-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #42
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank169 View Post
If studios like Paramount would outsource their 3D films at least to independent labels like Twilight Time or the like.

I'm sure 3,000 limited 3D Blu-ray copies would sell out pretty quickly, but at least interested consumers like us would have a legal buying option.
I'm not for that at all. I skipped JPN Ralph 2 b/c I'm not paying $60 for a single title, legal or not.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I'm not for that at all. I skipped JPN Ralph 2 b/c I'm not paying $60 for a single title, legal or not.
But TT titles are only $30, sometimes cheaper with the yearly sales.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #44
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
But TT titles are only $30, sometimes cheaper with the yearly sales.
But who knows what they would charge for a 3D specialty version.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Maybe the same they have charged in the past?
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (05-28-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #46
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
You know that they, TT, have released several 3d titles already. Just haven't been offered the option to release any newer 3d titles

I still don't understand many companies offering 3d titles, but only overseas and not in the U.S.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #47

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post

It appears that Paramount in no longer releasing 3D blu-rays, according to a post I read in another thread. Somebody asked Paramount in an email about an upcoming title in 3D and they confirmed that they are no longer releasing 3D blu-rays. This seems to be true as Bumblebee has no 3D blu-ray release anywhere worldwide.

For this reason I no longer support buying discs from Paramount. People should have a choice. Sometimes I prefer UHD and sometimes I prefer 3D. It depends on the technical merits of each presentation. But to drop an active format that people are still supporting? Do they think everyone has just thrown away their 3D TVs? My 2016 3D TV isn't going anywhere for a long time hopefully.

I will continue to support the studios that give us a choice. Disney is getting close to being on my black list too, but at least they are still releasing 3D in the UK. I'm sure nobody cares an iota, but I cannot support a company that thinks so little of their customers as to kill a format they know many are still using and supporting. They clearly have an agenda to kill 3D and push UHD. The harder they push, the more people will push back. I feel dirty even supporting UHD as much as I do, considering their treatment of 3D.

The funny thing is, when the studios were supporting 3D/4k combos for a brief period last year, I was a big supporter of it,a nd bought several. There have been several titles lately that I have wanted both 3D and 4k, but unless I import a France 3D/4k combo, I would have to buy both separate US releases. Instead, I buy 3D and skip UHD, when I'd pay more for the combo if they game me the choice to.

Now it looks like Paramount isn't even giving me the option of buying 3D at all.

Aquaman just got a US 3D release from Warner (Thank you!!). Yet it's the only format without the IMAX ratio!! WHY?!?

And why does France continue to get 3D/4k combos and not the US? I'm sick of this UHD agenda in the US. It's about to start saving me a lot of money because I'm going to buying a lot less discs if this is how it's going to continue. Which is a shame because I have shelves and shelves of discs from DVD to blu-ray to 3D to UHD, box sets and special editions from all regions, and it would be nice to continue supporting the studios. But they don't seem to care one bit about the consumer.

Yet they continue to sell DVDs. When was the last time you saw a standard definition TV in a retail store?
yea ur pretty much stuck in a cycle; not supporting domestic 3d releases means the eventual death of domestic 3d releases, and when ur forced to import 3d from france, it boosts their sales and makes them releases more 3d in france...
Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #48

Aug 2009
England

Are Paramount ditching 3D conversions for theatrical release too? No mention of 3D for Top Gun: Maverick or Terminator: Dark Fate
Old 07-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #49
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyrockard View Post
Are Paramount ditching 3D conversions for theatrical release too? No mention of 3D for Top Gun: Maverick or Terminator: Dark Fate
Poster for Dark Fate makes no mention of 3D.
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #50
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Physical discs sales are dropping in general but DVD Discs still outsells Blu-ray
DVD format still accounts for 57.9 percent of disc media sales

This is why retailers are still selling Films/TV releases on DVD Discs

Digital revenue makes more money than physical discs format
https://www.techspot.com/news/79636-...ining-dvd.html
In my opinion, that’s a awful source.

Also, in my opinion you can’t throw in subscription services. If you do that, you might as well count cable and satellite. It’s a nonsense.

The truth of the matter is that digital HD is already showing signs of peaking and that is not a good sign so early in its life. The growth has been underwhelming considering digital HD is available on so many different devices.

Subscription is the true success story, but even then that’s because of its cheap ‘all you can eat’ service, things will change when four or five big hitters start pulling content (by 2020)

Disc is nowhere near dead, nowhere near.

3D is a different matter. It saddens me but at least I have the films in my collection to enjoy time and time again.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion