Best DVD Deals


Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$19.99
 
Psych: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$42.99
 
Best of Warner Bros 100 Film Collection (DVD)
$154.20
 
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$29.99
 
House M.D.: The Complete Series (DVD)
$42.99
 
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (DVD)
$13.00
 
She-Ra: Princess of Power: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$29.99
 
Adventure Time: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$65.99
 
The King of Queens: The Complete Series (DVD)
$29.96
 
The Lion King (DVD)
$12.23
 
Illumination Presents: 2-Movie Pack (DVD)
$8.99
 
The Orville: Season Two (DVD)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
bigjim25 bigjim25 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
14
2959
1850
10
842
15
4
477
-5
Default BIG LOTS has some WB TV on DVD sets $8 each



All of these sets are listed on the Big Lots website this week $8 each or 2/$14 must buy in multiples of 2 (in store only).
Chuck seasons 1-5
Friends seasons 1-10
Fringe seasons 1-5
Gilmore Girls seasons 1-7
Gossip Girl seasons 1-5
Nip/Tuck seasons 1-6
The O.C. seasons 1-4
One Tree Hill seasons 1-6
Southland seasons 1-5
Two and a Half Men seasons 1-10

Time for me to get those Southland seasons for sure and I think I'm missing a Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill season or 2 also.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
bigjim25 bigjim25 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
14
2959
1850
10
842
15
4
477
-5
Default

I should mention the bar codes are slashed for anyone concerned about that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
noiradelic noiradelic is offline
Power Member
 
noiradelic's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
1046
816
22
-5
Default

I believe Southland seasons 2-4 were only released together (except as Warner Archive MODs). Are they selling the whole set for $8?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
bigjim25 bigjim25 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
14
2959
1850
10
842
15
4
477
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiradelic View Post
I believe Southland seasons 2-4 were only released together (except as Warner Archive MODs). Are they selling the whole set for $8?
You are correct. (It's $8 a set x 3). I'm surprised Southland is there especially since S2-4 just came out in Feb13 and S5 came out in Aug13.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
rexxriot rexxriot is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2011
Massachusetts
1873
33
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiradelic View Post
I believe Southland seasons 2-4 were only released together (except as Warner Archive MODs). Are they selling the whole set for $8?
Season 2 was originally released through Warner Archive, but, as far as I know, the 2-4 set has pressed discs.

Also, these sets are 2/$14 and must be purchased in multiples of 2 to get the discount. If you buy an odd number, one will be $8 and the others $7 each.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
p w p w is offline
Power Member
 
p w's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
186
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
Also, these sets are 2/$14 and must be purchased in multiples of 2 to get the discount. If you buy an odd number, one will be $8 and the others $7 each.
so i could land chuck s1-4 for 28 bucks while passing on s5, sounds like a plan
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #7
bluskies bluskies is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bluskies's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
36
1646
221
72
-8
Default

The Big Lots in my area has obviously never even heard of display racks. Their idea of "display" is throwing DVDs at the back of a junk shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
Nemesis243 Nemesis243 is offline
Senior Member
 
Nemesis243's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Houston, TX
93
228
14
3
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskies View Post
The Big Lots in my area has obviously never even heard of display racks. Their idea of "display" is throwing DVDs at the back of a junk shelf.
Oh wow dang. Ya mine isn't the greatest either they just have this 4 sided display of DVD's and CD's. Was able to get all the seasons of Fringe for 38 bucks. Would like to get all the Gilmore Girls seasons but they only had seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Are they only carrying certain seasons of that series or are they carrying them all and they just didn't have them all at mine? I know of another Big Lots I can probably check for them just wanted to know if anyone knew.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #9
rexxriot rexxriot is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2011
Massachusetts
1873
33
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis243 View Post
Oh wow dang. Ya mine isn't the greatest either they just have this 4 sided display of DVD's and CD's. Was able to get all the seasons of Fringe for 38 bucks. Would like to get all the Gilmore Girls seasons but they only had seasons 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Are they only carrying certain seasons of that series or are they carrying them all and they just didn't have them all at mine? I know of another Big Lots I can probably check for them just wanted to know if anyone knew.
They should be carrying all of them, although it's possible not every store got every season. I know when they first showed up my store didn't have some seasons of Nip/Tuck and Two and a Half Men. However, they've restocked about 3 or 4 times and I think I've seen every season. Big Lots must have bought a ton of these sets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #10
p w p w is offline
Power Member
 
p w's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
186
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
They should be carrying all of them, although it's possible not every store got every season. I know when they first showed up my store didn't have some seasons of Nip/Tuck and Two and a Half Men. However, they've restocked about 3 or 4 times and I think I've seen every season. Big Lots must have bought a ton of these sets.
they arent. my store only had 1 season of nip tuck and 1 season of chuck. was hoping to get the 1st four seasons of chuck =(
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #11
bigjim25 bigjim25 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
14
2959
1850
10
842
15
4
477
-5
Default

Just a heads up, these are 2 for $10 in the Black Friday Ad.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
hasslein (11-12-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #12
RingOfHonor RingOfHonor is offline
Special Member
 
RingOfHonor's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
MURICA
28
13
601
7
138
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Just a heads up, these are 2 for $10 in the Black Friday Ad.
Sweet!! Hoping mine has seasons 1-10 of Friends and 1-4 of The OC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
Tully305 Tully305 is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2014
67
883
261
2
-5
Default

I went by looking today to see if they had a few of the missing One Tree Hill DVD's I need and they had some new series available. I picked up the Office seasons 3-5, Seinfeld Season 9, and they had some Friday Night Lights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #14
rexxriot rexxriot is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2011
Massachusetts
1873
33
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully305 View Post
I went by looking today to see if they had a few of the missing One Tree Hill DVD's I need and they had some new series available. I picked up the Office seasons 3-5, Seinfeld Season 9, and they had some Friday Night Lights.
Were they 2 for $14 also?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #15
Tully305 Tully305 is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2014
67
883
261
2
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
Were they 2 for $14 also?
Yes
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 PM.