Best DVD Deals


Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$54.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (DVD)
$129.99
 
NCIS: The Sixteenth Season (DVD)
$21.82
 
Doc Martin: Series 9 (DVD)
$27.99
 
Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (DVD)
$29.99
 
The Lion King (DVD)
$19.96
 
Rambo: Last Blood (DVD)
$19.99
 
This Is Us: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
$17.01
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (DVD)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
The Art of Racing in the Rain (DVD)
$17.96
 
Toy Story 4 (DVD)
$19.96
 
Good Boys (DVD)
$17.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #21
SlayersCouncil SlayersCouncil is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
SlayersCouncil's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Katy, TX
9
8
832
233
55
4
9
4
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshinok View Post
I'm about to pick this up but I see listings on ebay brand new for about $30. They're coming from China but say Region 1, same number of discs, same packaging, but a different UPC. Would there be differences on a set coming from China like missing the soundtrack or anything?
I get burned every time I order from China on Ebay. I stopped doing it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:21 AM   #22
suddend suddend is offline
Expert Member
 
suddend's Avatar
 
May 2009
Hamilton, ONTARIO, Canada
248
2117
157
179
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshinok View Post
I'm about to pick this up but I see listings on ebay brand new for about $30. They're coming from China but say Region 1, same number of discs, same packaging, but a different UPC. Would there be differences on a set coming from China like missing the soundtrack or anything?
Likely a bootleg set like we've seen for cheap on many full series sets before now
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #23
bubbamoo bubbamoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2015
494
277
8
-5
Default

yea gotta be careful on ebay with this set if you dont want bootlegs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:50 AM   #24
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
173
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshinok View Post
I'm about to pick this up but I see listings on ebay brand new for about $30. They're coming from China but say Region 1, same number of discs, same packaging, but a different UPC. Would there be differences on a set coming from China like missing the soundtrack or anything?
Practically any DVD set being shipped from an Asian country outside of Japan is a bootleg or counterfeit item.

The real problem is that Chinese DVD bootlegs end up getting dumped in port cities like New York City and Miami in large quantities, confusing even honest sellers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:56 AM   #25
Chloenator Chloenator is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Chloenator's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
177
2617
725
2
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Practically any DVD set being shipped from an Asian country outside of Japan is a bootleg or counterfeit item.

The real problem is that Chinese DVD bootlegs end up getting dumped in port cities like New York City and Miami in large quantities, confusing even honest sellers.
I think that's what happened to me with the Boy Meets World set. I ordered the complete collection set on eBay for like $32 or something like that. I thought I was fine because the seller had a 98.5% positive feedback rating and was in the United States. Shipping was actually pretty quick. I ordered it just a few days ago and received it today. It ended up being a bootleg.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #26
worrywort worrywort is offline
Expert Member
 
worrywort's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
1
167
-6
Default

--->>>> https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...r#post15594025
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #27
thatguamguy thatguamguy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thatguamguy's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
3
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloenator View Post
I thought I was fine because the seller had a 98.5% positive feedback rating and was in the United States.
98.5% is too low. I also think Clark Kent is being too kind in his assumptions about sellers, I have never seen anybody selling a bootleg that didn't know they were selling a bootleg. For one thing, they have to phrase their listings very specifically or they'll get automatically flagged by ebay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 AM   #28
Chloenator Chloenator is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Chloenator's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
177
2617
725
2
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post
98.5% is too low. I also think Clark Kent is being too kind in his assumptions about sellers, I have never seen anybody selling a bootleg that didn't know they were selling a bootleg. For one thing, they have to phrase their listings very specifically or they'll get automatically flagged by ebay.
No it isn't. I've ordered from sellers who have had a lower feedback rating and have been fortunate about my orders. I generally never have issues ordering from eBay. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I will get what I ordered. This was just a case of me not reading what the negative feedback was for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #29
R0CK0X R0CK0X is offline
Senior Member
 
R0CK0X's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Winnipeg, MB
172
233
1
-6
Default

I too just noticed the cheaper copies from China on Ebay and wondered how legit they would be. So tempting...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #30
movieman35 movieman35 is offline
Active Member
 
movieman35's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
95
4787
762
-6
Default

My Best Buy had this for 44.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #31
thatguamguy thatguamguy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thatguamguy's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
3
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloenator View Post
No it isn't. I've ordered from sellers who have had a lower feedback rating and have been fortunate about my orders. I generally never have issues ordering from eBay. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I will get what I ordered. This was just a case of me not reading what the negative feedback was for.
I'm just saying, in my experience, if a seller has under 99.5%, it's a bad sign. Under 99 is a really bad sign. If I really want the item, I might look at their feedback and see if maybe they have been reasonable and just hit with a few unreasonable customers, but it's usually obviously their fault, because it takes a string of sales to maintain that kind of number. Or it's a really new account -- but that's also something I wouldn't trust with a "too good to be true" price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #32
Neon Rabbit Neon Rabbit is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2015
1
-4
Default

I've seen this for awhile at Walmart for 40 something which is definitely a steal.

I bought the locker set a little over a year or so ago and wish I still had it, but after about 4 or so discs having playback issues or not reading at all I had to return it and ended up getting the no frills set which at the time was only about $30 less than what I paid for the locker. I made sure to watch the bonus discs before I returned the locker. There was some cool stuff but nothing I couldn't live without. It's a shame those disc binders were so poorly designed becuase it was otherwise an amazing looking set and I loved having it on my shelf for the month I had it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #33
evoll evoll is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
evoll's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
456
2506
13
18
94
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Rabbit View Post
I've seen this for awhile at Walmart for 40 something which is definitely a steal.

I bought the locker set a little over a year or so ago and wish I still had it, but after about 4 or so discs having playback issues or not reading at all I had to return it and ended up getting the no frills set which at the time was only about $30 less than what I paid for the locker. I made sure to watch the bonus discs before I returned the locker. There was some cool stuff but nothing I couldn't live without. It's a shame those disc binders were so poorly designed becuase it was otherwise an amazing looking set and I loved having it on my shelf for the month I had it.
I have been thinking about grabbing this set from walmart, so it comes with all the seasons but no extras?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #34
bubbamoo bubbamoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2015
494
277
8
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloenator View Post
No it isn't. I've ordered from sellers who have had a lower feedback rating and have been fortunate about my orders. I generally never have issues ordering from eBay. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I will get what I ordered. This was just a case of me not reading what the negative feedback was for.

yea 98.5 is very low for ebay, especially for bulk sellers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #35
Neon Rabbit Neon Rabbit is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2015
1
-4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll View Post
I have been thinking about grabbing this set from walmart, so it comes with all the seasons but no extras?
It has plenty of extras, just not any of the ones that were exclusive to those 3 bonus discs. There's enough material in the regular set that you probably won't miss them unless you really wanted to see the outtakes of Winnie and Kevin's first kiss, which was the most notable thing I remember from those discs. Once I saw that material once I didn't miss having it.

Last edited by Neon Rabbit; 11-10-2018 at 12:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #36
Chloenator Chloenator is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Chloenator's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
177
2617
725
2
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamoo View Post
yea 98.5 is very low for ebay, especially for bulk sellers.
Well apparently our opinions differ. You say its low and I say its not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:27 AM   #37
Ace_BB6 Ace_BB6 is offline
Power Member
 
Ace_BB6's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
855
16
-8
Default

The show holds a special place in my heart as a 90's kid. Hard to say If would rewatch it again after binging it a couple of years ago. Thanks for the post. More kids these days should watch it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:11 AM   #38
SonictheHedgehog1337 SonictheHedgehog1337 is offline
Power Member
 
SonictheHedgehog1337's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
263
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman35 View Post
My Best Buy had this for 44.99.
I ended up getting it today at BB for $44.99. I've been tempted to buy it on ebay whenever there's an ebay coupon, but it's nice knowing it's probably not a chinese bootleg at Best Buy.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (12-12-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 PM.