Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Transformers: The Ultimate Five Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.10

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04
10 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 07-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #561
Power Member

Apr 2013

Doubtful there would be an issue with the rights to include the soundtracks as the ultimate edition already included both soundtracks for original/remake.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #562
Power Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblefeet View Post
Doubtful there would be an issue with the rights to include the soundtracks as the ultimate edition already included both soundtracks for original/remake.
It could be down to the context of usage and if they can issue it more than once
Old 07-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #563
Special Member

Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada

Is there no north american 4K version? I only see listings for blu ray....
Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #564

May 2011
United Kingsom

Anyone else recieve this from amazon.de regarding the 4K steelbook?

Good day,

We have up-to-date information about your order.

The following title is not available:

"Suspiria (Limited Steelbook) (4K UHD + 2 Blu-rays + DVD + 2 CDs)"
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B07QCDBNPK

For a while we had waited, hoping the article still for you
to be able to get.

This article had to be finally deleted from your order.

Please visit the respective detail page in order to find this article (s) with other suppliers.

If you would like to order the product from one of our Marketplace sellers,
please visit the corresponding product detail page again and click
on "All offers" or "Offers available". Please note that yourself
the shipping terms of Marketplace offers from the shipping conditions that
apply to Amazon.de differ.

We strive to keep our database up to date
hold. Occasionally it may happen that changes are not yet in
our database are recorded or manufacturer prices before the
Appearance date to be changed again. In these cases ask
we apologize!

Your order is completed.

So untrustworthy. They should of offer everyone that pre-ordered the steelbook the ultimate edition for the same price as a good will gesture.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #565

Feb 2013

Any thoughts on the video and audio quality, esp. compared to the blu-ray?
Old 09-02-2019, 08:32 AM   #566

Oct 2008

It's definitely better IMO, but there are some issues:
  • Opening credits are missing on the 4K
  • The subtitles are unbearably to watch, mostly because of the HDR which makes them scorchingly bright. Not sure if others were able to fix this?
  • The colors are also a little too vivid on the 4K, but that's more a personal preference. I don't think it matches the tone of the movie, which should be more bleak.
For these reasons I returned it and will stick with the regular blu-ray.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #567
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
  • Opening credits are missing on the 4K
  • The subtitles are unbearably to watch, mostly because of the HDR which makes them scorchingly bright. Not sure if others were able to fix this?
  • The colors are also a little too vivid on the 4K, but that's more a personal preference. I don't think it matches the tone of the movie, which should be more bleak.
For these reasons I returned it and will stick with the regular blu-ray.
I still have yet to watch mine.

I'm glad my Panansonic 820 has luminance control for subtitles, will watch this on my Pana then.

Interesting you say the colors are too vivid. Will give this a spin later this week and see for myself.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #568
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

I didn't find the subtitles too bright or the movie too vivid, that sounds like a settings issue rather than a disc issue to me.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #569

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I didn't find the subtitles too bright or the movie too vivid, that sounds like a settings issue rather than a disc issue to me.
The funny thing is though, this is the only UHD I owned where the HDR was applied to the subtitles. I'm using a Sony X800M2 player with a X900F. If there is a setting to change this, I would love to hear it.

The caps-a-holic screens pretty much confirm that the saturation is higher and I saw it as well when I compared it to the regular blu-ray. But again, that is just my personal taste. It's not a major issue or anything.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #570

Feb 2014
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
[LIST][*]Opening credits are missing on the 4K
what does this mean?
Old 09-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #571

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett75 View Post
what does this mean?
The actual credits in the opening scene, when the Thom Yorke song Suspirium is playing, are missing. Maybe because they used the 4K source and the credits were only finished at 2K?
Thanks given by:
barrett75 (09-03-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #572
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Interesting. Didn't notice that the credits were missing last time I watched the 4K UHD.

Probably won't again until Synapse's 4K UHD of Argento's original is in my possession.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #573

May 2019

The German 4k UHD release of Suspiria 2018 reminds me quite a bit of the very similarly prepared German 4k UHD release of 12 Strong.

The 4k uhd is overall a bit warmer, color-boosted, and slightly darker than the BD, as the entire presentation is tinted in a broadly and evenly applied (but fairly mild) wash of teal. It is subtle, but quite noticeable when directly comparing discs. Faces are more pinkish and flush. Previousy white surfaces of interior windowframes and ceilings have a slightly bluish-teal push. Hair colors display a touch more red or brown highlights. Primary colors throughout are a bit stronger across the board. Whether the boosted color is filmmakers' intent or pure revisionism by third parties is anyone's guess, but it exists.

This is also, to my eyes, a generally softer-looking presentation than many other 4k discs, but not necessarily in a bad way, and not any softer than the BD. It appears at least partly stylistic, and suits the material. Close inspection reveals that, in truth, there's no appreciable uptick in detail on the 4k disc over the BD. But at least, there's no LOSS of any detail, either. It is also noteworthy that there is much greater visibility on the 4k during later scenes that are utterly drenched in deep, dark, garish, surreal red lighting. The 4k's upsides are perhaps granted by its very mild hdr treat. I did notice, however, that some of the makeup effects, repugnant tissue and gore effects, etc. under all that red hue look a bit more "fake" as a result of the more revealing conditions granted by the 4k's better contrast and superior lighting management.

I found myself enjoying the look of both the 4k and BD equally, perhaps preferring the slighty warmer look of the 4k for some scenes. The atmos soundtrack is also quite solid. But, like the 12 Strong 4k, the Suspiria 2018 4k is, in the end, perhaps described as a lateral move toward an alternate presentation or more subtle upgrade, with its mildly tweaked color timing, moreso than a substantial leap over the already very good BD. Fortunately, both the 4k uhd and bd are included in this set, making this a no-brainer purchase especially if one does not yet own the movie.

Last edited by DaylightsEnd; 09-23-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (10-08-2019), Hedrox (09-23-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies