Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
3 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
3 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 hr ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

My Bloody Valentine (Blu-ray)
$27.86
1 hr ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
3 hrs ago
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (Blu-ray)
$6.00
1 hr ago
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
4 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Your rating:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 2 22.22%
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 2 22.22%
⭐️⭐️⭐️ 3 33.33%
⭐️⭐️ 1 11.11%
⭐️ 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2019, 12:10 AM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2007
KIC8462852
Default In the Shadow of the Moon (2019)

In the Shadow of the Moon

27 September 2019, Netflix.

A Philadelphia police officer struggles with a lifelong obsession to track down a mysterious serial killer whose crimes defy explanation.

Directed by: Jim Mickle
Written by: Gregory Weidman, Geoffrey Tock
Starring: Boyd Holbrook, Michael C. Hall, Bokeem Woodbine, Cleopatra Coleman, Sarah Dugdale, Ryan Allen
Old 10-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2007
KIC8462852

Saw this yesterday on a lazy Sunday afternoon. This is a surpisingly good film from Netfix, I love every minute of it. Looks expensive too. Smart, well-written script with good character development, acting is spot on, and expertly directed. I'm impressed to see how skillful the director is, his setup is reminds me of some big name directors. They're not just a mere point and shoot, he's got some real skills. I want to see more from him.

I may have seen Boyd Holbrook before, but he really stands out in this one. He's got range, reminds me of Tim Robbins a lot.

The story aren't terribly original, slightly predictable towards the end but the journey is so thrilling and engaging you don't mind it. No lack of heart too. You feel for the
[Show spoiler]deaths of his wife and partner.
The action is not showy, almost like 1980's style. The story spans decades since 1980's, but the film itself feels like it was made in 1980's. Some well-chosen songs too.

I some ways I'm glad for Netflix, because otherwise this film possibly would never be made without big names attached to it. It really open up for more creative talents, giving them a chance to deliver some good films. But on the other hand, this film should be in theaters, it is really well-made, the production value is top-notch, while Gemini Man felt like it should go straight to streaming. I want to own this on disc, with optimum bitrate video and lossless audio.

4.5/5 stars, rounded to 5 for the poll.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:52 AM   #3
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Yeah I thought this was surprisingly good, especially for a Netflix movie. Feels a little like low-budget Interstellar at times (especially towards the end), but it was fine. Boyd Holbrook is great in this.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #4
Special Member

Nov 2010

I think this started off pretty interesting but unraveled the longer it went.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

I really liked it, Holdbrook was very good in the lead role. It kind of didn't deliver with the revelation at the end as much as I'd hoped though.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010

I thought it was okay but I was a little disappointed how it ended. I was looking forward to this because the trailers looked pretty good. I wasn't sure what to expect but was expecting something a little more exciting. It didn't lead up to anything wowing for me.

[Show spoiler] The idea of why she was time traveling is a fairly common theme for a time travel story. To change an unpleasant future or present by trying to change things in the past. So the fact of finding out why she was doing what she was doing was the whole punch line and then it was over was just kind of blah to me. For me, I think I would have enjoyed it more had the story been told from her perspective rather than the cops.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies