Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$54.99

Doc Martin: Series 9 (DVD)
$26.44
6 hrs ago
The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (DVD)
$14.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (DVD)
$129.99

NCIS: The Sixteenth Season (DVD)
$21.82

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (DVD)
$19.95
13 hrs ago
The Lion King (DVD)
$19.96

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (DVD)
$11.39
47 min ago
Rambo: Last Blood (DVD)
$19.99

Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (DVD)
$29.99

Mama's Family: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$54.94

Doctor Sleep (DVD)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals

Old 05-08-2014, 01:39 AM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxx View Post
Unfortunately this info came too little too late. All stores in my area are OOS of S3, only 1 distant store (30 miles away) has S1, and only 2 semi-distant stores (about 11 miles away) have S2. The gas costs would far outweigh $5 x 2 for those 2 seasons.

Hopefully you'll have better luck at your stores than I would have at mine. I'm wondering if I had known about this first thing in the morning if the inventory would've been any better. I'm guessing (knowing how BB and B&M stores in general enjoy having sucky microscopic inventory of any good deals) that my nearest store (5 miles away) probably didn't have either S1 or S2 when they opened.

So I guess I miss out on this thanks to BB's joke of an inventory. Oh well. It's hard to pay $7.99 x 2 online when people could get them for $7.99 - $5 coupon = $2.99 in store.
Yes, thanks, fortunately I was able to pick up all 3 from my BB. However, just barely as they only had 1 copy of S3 left, so I got the last one.

I was a little hesitant since there was clearly a floater disc in the S3 set, but I didn't really have much choice since they only had the 1 copy left.

There apparently is also 1 copy at the other BB near me, but that is 20-25 min away, so it's not worth it for me to try to get that one, although if I happen to be out that way one day in the next month anyway, I may check out that copy and possibly do an exchange, but otherwise I'm not going to worry about it.

There were actually 3-4 copies of S1 and S2. However, I was surprised to see that there was only 1 copy of S3 because I checked availabillity at my store online before leaving and it showed as available. It was my understanding that it only shows that when there are at least 3 copies available in their inventory and that it usually shows "unavailable" when there were fewer than 3 copies (so that sometimes you actually find a copy even though it says "unavailable" online). So I don't know why it showed as "available" online.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
Yes, thanks, fortunately I was able to pick up all 3 from my BB. However, just barely as they only had 1 copy of S3 left, so I got the last one.

I was a little hesitant since there was clearly a floater disc in the S3 set, but I didn't really have much choice since they only had the 1 copy left.

There apparently is also 1 copy at the other BB near me, but that is 20-25 min away, so it's not worth it for me to try to get that one, although if I happen to be out that way one day in the next month anyway, I may check out that copy and possibly do an exchange, but otherwise I'm not going to worry about it.

There were actually 3-4 copies of S1 and S2. However, I was surprised to see that there was only 1 copy of S3 because I checked availabillity at my store online before leaving and it showed as available. It was my understanding that it only shows that when there are at least 3 copies available in their inventory and that it usually shows "unavailable" when there were fewer than 3 copies (so that sometimes you actually find a copy even though it says "unavailable" online). So I don't know why it showed as "available" online.
Congrats on the score of all 3 seasons for a good price. I would've made the drive to my nearest store (~5 miles each way) to get 3 x $5 off $10 coupons if they had all 3 seasons in stock... maybe even 2 of them, but they had 0 and to get S1 and S2 would've required about 40 miles of driving = 2 gallons of gas = $7+ and an hour of time because each distant store only showed 1. Nah. Not worth it. Perhaps they had some inventory and I should've called in spite of the Unavailable status, but I had other stuff to do. Thumbs up to BB for having good deals now and then (certainly Amazon and Walmart almost never have them, Target once in a while) and thumbs down to BB for having such crapulent inventory.

I'm still debating whether I should order S2-S3 for $7.99 online knowing (1) I won't have S1 and (2) I'll be bothered knowing it was available to some people for effectively $2.99 after coupon. I expect I'd like them given that I like Buffy and Monk, but my backlog is so big I'll live.

Last edited by Joxx; 05-08-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011

Well that was easy! I missed out on the in store deal at $7.99 but I got these a few weeks ago for $9.99. I just called and got a price adjustment down to $7.99. Even without the $5 coupon, getting these for $7.99 is a great deal! These were each $15-$20 not too long ago. Great deal!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals