Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NBA 2K20 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$38.99

Borderlands 3 (Xbox One)
$40.03

Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Xbox One)
$11.99

Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$17.99

Carnival Games (Xbox One)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One)
$65.97

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (Xbox One)
$24.99

Spike Volleyball (Xbox One)
$19.99

The Outer Worlds (Xbox One)
$58.00
2 hrs ago
The Surge 2 (Xbox One)
$39.82

Borderlands 3 (Xbox One)
$68.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark
Default The Xbox One technical issues thread

I did a search and couldn't find a thread like this, so I figured I'd make one, since I have a question that gets me all

Any ideas for headset troubleshooting? I'm just trying to use the one that came with the console for online chat. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult, but I just can't make it work. I've tried in Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall with no luck.

There has to be some obvious little detail I'm missing here. Anyone?
Old 03-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #2

Jul 2012

Is the Kinect mic turned on for chat? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I did a search and couldn't find a thread like this, so I figured I'd make one, since I have a question that gets me all

Any ideas for headset troubleshooting? I'm just trying to use the one that came with the console for online chat. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult, but I just can't make it work. I've tried in Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall with no luck.

There has to be some obvious little detail I'm missing here. Anyone?
Does the mute light come on when pressed and do you hear a beep when you press the volume up/down buttons?

Something you can try is using the headset for Skype and see if it works there. If it does, then it may be a network NAT issue causing you to not be able to connect to others for chat. You can run the network tests under settings to see what your NAT is. If it's Strict or Moderate, that could be an issue.

If the mic doesn't work at all in Skype, I would recommend registering your Xbox One's serial number on the Xbox.com site and then putting in a warranty replacement request for the headset. Not sure how they handle that overseas, but they're pretty quick to send you a free replacement here in the U.S.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
Does the mute light come on when pressed and do you hear a beep when you press the volume up/down buttons?
I get absolutely nothing of the sort. No light, no beeps, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgin86 View Post
Is the Kinect mic turned on for chat? Maybe that has something to do with it.
I've tried with that both on and off.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Curious if you tried updating controller with it attached to controller then attached via USB to system?
Old 03-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
I get absolutely nothing of the sort. No light, no beeps, nothing.
Do you know anyone else with a controller that you can try the headset on? Because my guess would be either dead headset... or dead connector on the controller itself. Only way to troubleshoot would be to try the headset on someone else's controller and see what happens. Either way, Microsoft should be able to hook you up with a warranty replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Curious if you tried updating controller with it attached to controller then attached via USB to system?
The original headset that comes with the system doesn't need the update, so that shouldn't matter.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
The original headset that comes with the system doesn't need the update, so that shouldn't matter.
It shouldn't I agree.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

I did actually update the controller the other day. Hoped it might get the headset working
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #9

Oct 2011

Anyone have any issues where the disc is attempting to load, but doesn't? Ive only had this once in awhile, most recently with Titanfall where I just had the load screen. Power off and unplug seems to do the trick, but it is annoying. Wndering if its worth calling Microsoft about to exchange
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrznBluRayFan View Post
Anyone have any issues where the disc is attempting to load, but doesn't? Ive only had this once in awhile, most recently with Titanfall where I just had the load screen. Power off and unplug seems to do the trick, but it is annoying. Wndering if its worth calling Microsoft about to exchange
I've had this happen once or twice with Ghosts. From what I can tell thus far, it seems that there may be something buggy going on with the quick-resume feature. MS are already aware of it, so I imagine we'll see a fix for it in the near future (possibly even in the next preview build).
Old 03-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
If the mic doesn't work at all in Skype, I would recommend registering your Xbox One's serial number on the Xbox.com site and then putting in a warranty replacement request for the headset. Not sure how they handle that overseas, but they're pretty quick to send you a free replacement here in the U.S.
Yeah, I get no options here. Are there any cheap alternatives I could try to buy?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #12
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Yeah, I get no options here. Are there any cheap alternatives I could try to buy?
Wait... did you import to a region where they haven't released yet? I could see that being a problem.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Yes, I figured that was obvious, seeing as I'm in Denmark I expected to run into problems like this with my dead headset.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:59 AM   #14
Expert Member

May 2011

Has anyone experienced any image stuttering when playing a blu-ray?
Old 05-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

What's the deal with friend requests? My buddy from work was on my list when I was running a 360. Then I let my sub lapse the past two years and reupped when I got the One. He was no longer on my friends list. He has a 360 and I have the One. I searched him and added him. I see him on my list with the smaller thumbnail that signify's a 360 user. I can send him messages just fine. He said that he sent me a friend request on his end and asked why I haven't accepted it. I've received no notification. This doesn't sound right.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
What's the deal with friend requests? My buddy from work was on my list when I was running a 360. Then I let my sub lapse the past two years and reupped when I got the One. He was no longer on my friends list. He has a 360 and I have the One. I searched him and added him. I see him on my list with the smaller thumbnail that signify's a 360 user. I can send him messages just fine. He said that he sent me a friend request on his end and asked why I haven't accepted it. I've received no notification. This doesn't sound right.
Friend requests are weird now because of the follower system. So if you add him on your One, you're just following him... He has to add you back for you to be friends. But yeah... not sure how that works as far as 360 going to One goes. Maybe you can accept his friend request on xbox.com?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Maybe you can accept his friend request on xbox.com?
That did it. Thanks Rev.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Just recorded my first 2 clips using the xbox one DVR and it has major audio/video sync issues. Is there anyway to fix this? I was really looking forward to uploading videos without buying a separate game DVR.

I was playing Killer Instinct if that matters.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #19
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Hmmm... I haven't seen any problems with my recorded clips. Don't know what to tell you on that.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:05 AM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Hmmm... I haven't seen any problems with my recorded clips. Don't know what to tell you on that.
Seems I can't upload videos without gold anyways so it doesn't matter at this point. Will try and get it fixed but without being able to upload it doesn't have a high enough priority as it used to.

I thought MS got rid of most paywall stuff. I can't even upload my videos without needing gold. Kinda stupid as I can use upload studio and all that but not actually upload anything. Not even to my One Drive.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One