Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Assault on Precinct 13 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
4 hrs ago
Now You See Me 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

3:10 to Yuma 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie
3 4.69%
37 57.81%
20 31.25%
3 4.69%
1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #41

Jul 2010

This is not great news (like I was hoping when I clicked on it)... This is by far one of my favs and I would love to see everybody back together again... Thanks for the update, though.... even though it made me sad
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA

I agree with Jesse Eisenberg on the time issue. It seems like the more time goes by, sequels are harder to make for many reasons. I would be interested in a sequel so long as they kept it fresh and unique. Also, I would hope they have a better third act because that is where I thought the movie fell apart in terms of being unique and interesting.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
'Zombieland 2' Script Finished, But Will it Get Made?

The director of Zombieland is currently promoting his new action comedy, “30 Minutes Or Less." During a junket today, The Playlist was able to sit down with the director for a one on one interview where they were able to dig up some new information on the status of Zombieland 2.

The good news is that the script is done. The bad news is that the director doesn't sound very confident that it will ever be made. Now keep in mind, initially Zombieland was meant to be a television series, but it never was greenlit. The creators still felt they had some gold, and pushed it as a cinematic product instead and finally got the go ahead. So I wouldn't give up all hopes of a sequel they struggled in the past and found a way to make it work.

Report from The Playlist interview:

Quote:
“It’s something we’d all like to do, but the reality of it happening depends on finding a script that we’re all excited to get aboard, so until then that happens it’s gonna continue to be in the… ‘not-happening-process,’ ”

The director addresses the reason for the delay.
“The thing is that we’ve all said is the only reason to do it is if it’s better than the original and i don’t think anyone wants to do it, just to do it,” he told us today. “And certainly no one is going to do it just for the money— it’s not like any of us could get rich off it anyway so I think, without trying to sound arrogant, the bar is super high. And we’ve been holding it to that.”

And the Script?
Fleischer confirmed a script does exist, but it’s potentially not what everyone wants. “[Rhett and Paul] wrote something and it was really great,” he said. “A script exists. We all are excited of the prospect of making the movie, but I guess we all haven’t found the perfect story to tell yet.”
I think it would be a damn shame for them to never make another. I really hope they can get this off the ground and made...

Last edited by Walts Ghost; 07-17-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I would really love to see a Zombieland 2. And IMO if ever there was the right movie to make use of the gimmick that is 3D then this is it. However, I would rather that they don't even bother than to make a bad sequel.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #45
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I think it would be a damn shame for them to never make another. I really hope they can get this off the ground and made...
Every few weeks I look for some kind of an update on a sequel so I'm glad there has finally been one. With that said I am happy to hear they only want to do it if they can make it as good or better then the first. I would hate for a sequel to be rushed and then they have none of the original stars and it ends up as a straight to blockbuster kind of movie where they crack out 3 more sequels like they've done with the American Pie movies. The sequel will only work if everybody comes back so I am more then fine with a wait if it means we get a great sequel.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Every few weeks I look for some kind of an update on a sequel so I'm glad there has finally been one. With that said I am happy to hear they only want to do it if they can make it as good or better then the first. I would hate for a sequel to be rushed and then they have none of the original stars and it ends up as a straight to blockbuster kind of movie where they crack out 3 more sequels like they've done with the American Pie movies. The sequel will only work if everybody comes back so I am more then fine with a wait if it means we get a great sequel.
Oh, definitely. I want it to be good. I just hope it happens at all. But they're saying that it may not happen if they wait to long which worries me. Although, I'd rather not get a mediocre sequel...
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #47
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Would love to see a zombieland sequel. They need to make one now what is the damn hold up it is obvious the movie will be a succes so i don't get why its taking them so long to make another one
Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #48
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

We should be on Zombieland 4 by now.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #49
Special Member

Dec 2008
Chamber Of Secrets

Can't wait for this, by the way Emma Stone is hot!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #50
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

They shouldn't struggle to get this green-lit, the first one was a moderate success
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #51

Aug 2008
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbas593 View Post
+1
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbas593 View Post
No shit...
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Hopefully the Amazon series does poorly and a sequel to the movie is made instead. That's what everyone wants. I believe the sequel could easily do 100 Million. Seems like a no-brainer to make one.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
Hopefully the Amazon series does poorly and a sequel to the movie is made instead. That's what everyone wants. I believe the sequel could easily do 100 Million. Seems like a no-brainer to make one.
the director was originally set to make a sequel (in 3D). I'm afraid this series may have ben instead of, not in addition to.
But after the flop of Gangster Squad, maybe he'll still try to convince the studio so he can go back to what worked.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #55
Banned

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
the director was originally set to make a sequel (in 3D). I'm afraid this series may have ben instead of, not in addition to.
But after the flop of Gangster Squad, maybe he'll still try to convince the studio so he can go back to what worked.
He made Gangster Squad instead of Zombieland 2? SMH

Nobody watch this series because I want a sequel with the original cast not this shit.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

Why are they holding out on making this anyway?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
He made Gangster Squad instead of Zombieland 2? SMH

Nobody watch this series because I want a sequel with the original cast not this shit.
I don't think it's that straight-forward; I'm sure he didn't go into a meeting one day and say "Oh, no Zombieland 2? All right, well here's a real story I've been wanting to do for a while..." but he clearly had a reason for doing Gangster Squad in place of what could have been the time he was attacking this sequel.

It's a shame because the universe that was set-up could have had numerous incarnations and not lost its -- if you'll excuse the pun -- bite. It was funny, but not at the expense of being heart-warming and dramatic.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #58
Banned

Aug 2011

The first was so great and fun. Do you think they'll be able to catch that magic again?

I read on imdb that Megan Fox and Evan Rachel Wood turned down the role of Wichita. I bet they regret it.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #59
Banned

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
The first was so great and fun. Do you think they'll be able to catch that magic again?

I read on imdb that Megan Fox and Evan Rachel Wood turned down the role of Wichita. I bet they regret it.
As long as they have Woody yeah.

Evan Rachel Wood lost me when she called comic book movies trash when she was offered Black Widow so when shes in the land of obscurity I'll be pointing and laughing.

Megan Fox = No comment.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #60
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
As long as they have Woody yeah.

Evan Rachel Wood lost me when she called comic book movies trash when she was offered Black Widow so when shes in the land of obscurity I'll be pointing and laughing.

Megan Fox = No comment.
It's a good thing Emma Stone was Sony's slave.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies