Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$54.99

Doc Martin: Series 9 (DVD)
$26.44

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (DVD)
$129.99

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Sixteenth Season (DVD)
$21.82

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (DVD)
$14.99

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (DVD)
$19.95

Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries: Series 1 (DVD)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood (DVD)
$19.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.00
1 hr ago
The Lion King (DVD)
$19.96
10 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (DVD)
$29.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (DVD)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #1

Dec 2009
Amazon Adventure Time: The Complete First Season (Preorder) - $17.99

Per Vigilante @ CAG

I know there are people who have been waiting for this--you can preorder the first season of the undeniably-awesome Adventure Time for $18.99 from , 30% off the $26.95 MSRP.

I'm going to wait until it shows up in my Gold Box at 5% less ($18.04), which I know will happen soon since I bought the Regular Show Slack Pack.

Shame that it is not on blu though.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Per Vigilante @ CAG

I know there are people who have been waiting for this--you can preorder the first season of the undeniably-awesome Adventure Time for $18.99 from , 30% off the $26.95 MSRP.

I'm going to wait until it shows up in my Gold Box at 5% less ($18.04), which I know will happen soon since I bought the Regular Show Slack Pack.

Shame that it is not on blu though.
Cannot stress that enough. HD native show on non-HD format? LOL

Definitely a Day one, though. My face when I heard this was coming out:

Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #3

Dec 2009

Same here even though it's not HD I have to get this. Now all we need it Season One of Regular Show.

Last edited by neoz; 07-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Bro, I LITERALLY have an Adventure Time addiction... and I'm 21 years old. *straightface.jpg*

Pics related; some of my collection, most of which will forever remain in the boxes:

[Show spoiler]

Girlfriend's "Grow Your Own" Finn and Jake. I plan to do it myself, since I did get doubles for that reason.

Top wallet is mine, bottom one is girlfriend's.

Random toys, hats, laplanders, DVDs jumbled on top of bookshelf and my Lost Complete Collection. Lol.

Closet with the "Slamacow" Finn and Jake, and the third or fourth cardboard display I just took from Toys R Us; I did get permission since their stock of toys was low. These toys sell out FAST!

Calendar

Random art bought at Megacon 2012. Only one hanging, but I got 2 more and some bookmarks, too!

Sword next to the beautiful Helena Bonham Carter <3

Sideview of top collection again. I have... all the toys, minus the Comic Con exclusive, and MAYBE one set of the 2" figures. Need to check again, but I definitely cleared one of each from the shelves, and pop in every other week. Also missing the comic books, since they sell out and no money in Paypal now for eBay, and to lazy to transfer it.

I dare someone to say they're a bigger fan of Adventure Time than I am. Double dog dare you.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #5

Dec 2009

That is awesome! Very nice collection you got there.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #6

Apr 2008

Just picked this up yesterday...great show! I do wish it was on blu though....oh well maybe one day
Old 07-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #7

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJH6926 View Post
Just picked this up yesterday...great show! I do wish it was on blu though....oh well maybe one day
Mine is supposed to come in on the 17th. Can't wait and really hope that the do the other season as well.

I really like the slipcover for it too.

It is odd that they didn't release it on blu ray as well. I guess they think that majority of people that will be watching this are kids and DVD was the best option. Probably since most people don't own portable blu ray players and most kids have a DVD player in their bedrooms. I am going to burn an extra copy when mine gets in so I can put it in the car and listen to it while I'm driving. My son will get to watch it (lucky him) lol.

Last edited by neoz; 07-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Pics of the packaging:

[Show spoiler]

And yes, I did buy THREE copies:

[Show spoiler]

One for myself, one for the GF and her family, and one for my friend. Supporting a Blu-ray release the best I can. Not to mention, I helped sell about 3 more that day at work. You better release a Blu-ray later on, CN, for all the trouble I'm going through.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #9

Dec 2009

Very awesome!

I saw pic of it about 2 weeks ago and can not wait to get my hands on it.

What sucks though is that the last DVD they did has Jake on it so they can't do the same thing for Season 2 if they even do a Season 2.

Any special features?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
South FLA

Think this is one of the simple-stupid-best cartoons to come out in a while! Hell, I watch it when the I put the kid down...
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Very awesome!

I saw pic of it about 2 weeks ago and can not wait to get my hands on it.

What sucks though is that the last DVD they did has Jake on it so they can't do the same thing for Season 2 if they even do a Season 2.

Any special features?
Didn't get a chance to pop it in yet, but IGN had an article with a clip of some behind-the-scene featurette that was really funny. It was 2 of the execs or creators mapping out the schedule for Season 5 and 6, and as they were discussing, while one talks, the other sticks their tongue out angrily, and they edited in some effects where fires grew behind her and she ate the talking guy.

These people who make the show are just... ALGEBRAIC! Lol.

Listed on the back, though is this: Commentaries, Animatics, Featurettes, Music Video, Finndemonium, The Wand.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #12

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by obssessive View Post
Think this is one of the simple-stupid-best cartoons to come out in a while! Hell, I watch it when the I put the kid down...
I agree, this show, Regular Show, and Phineas & Ferb are pretty much the only animated shows I really enjoy. Nothing on Nick really is good imo.

I have a buddy that think Johnny Test on CN is better then Adventure Time! I was like really?!? And the sad part is he is a gamer and I dare say nerd like me. You figured with the interest he has he would "get" the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K i r a View Post
Didn't get a chance to pop it in yet, but IGN had an article with a clip of some behind-the-scene featurette that was really funny. It was 2 of the execs or creators mapping out the schedule for Season 5 and 6, and as they were discussing, while one talks, the other sticks their tongue out angrily, and they edited in some effects where fires grew behind her and she ate the talking guy.

These people who make the show are just... ALGEBRAIC! Lol.

Listed on the back, though is this: Commentaries, Animatics, Featurettes, Music Video, Finndemonium, The Wand.
Cool, only 5 more days.......
Old 07-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:

Cool, only 5 more days.......
5 more days?? This came out this past Tuesday, July 10th...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #14

Dec 2009

Quote:
5 more days?? This came out this past Tuesday, July 10th...
That's when I get it in the mail.

It came in this Mon. and I watched it all in one setting. It was Mathematical!

For some reason though it doesn't seem to look as good as it does on tv. The colors seem brighter or something. And before anyone ask I'm watching the show on a non HD tv. A 21 inch tube Sony. When I put in the dvd it just doesn't seem the same.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #15

Apr 2011
Santa Maria, CA

Quote:
Bro, I LITERALLY have an Adventure Time addiction... and I'm 21 years old. *straightface.jpg*

Pics related; some of my collection, most of which will forever remain in the boxes:

[Show spoiler]

Girlfriend's "Grow Your Own" Finn and Jake. I plan to do it myself, since I did get doubles for that reason.

Top wallet is mine, bottom one is girlfriend's.

Random toys, hats, laplanders, DVDs jumbled on top of bookshelf and my Lost Complete Collection. Lol.

Closet with the "Slamacow" Finn and Jake, and the third or fourth cardboard display I just took from Toys R Us; I did get permission since their stock of toys was low. These toys sell out FAST!

Calendar

Random art bought at Megacon 2012. Only one hanging, but I got 2 more and some bookmarks, too!

Sword next to the beautiful Helena Bonham Carter <3

Sideview of top collection again. I have... all the toys, minus the Comic Con exclusive, and MAYBE one set of the 2" figures. Need to check again, but I definitely cleared one of each from the shelves, and pop in every other week. Also missing the comic books, since they sell out and no money in Paypal now for eBay, and to lazy to transfer it.

I dare someone to say they're a bigger fan of Adventure Time than I am. Double dog dare you.

Where are the Adventure Time comics? lol
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals