Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$51.99

Friends: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$71.99

Vikings: The Fifth Season - Part Two (Blu-ray)
C$14.99

Gotham: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$61.99

Samurai Jack: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$59.99

Illumination Presents: 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$16.89

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
C$17.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

Clint Eastwood: The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
C$13.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season 4K (Blu-ray)
C$64.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
Special Member

Apr 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by delavoie View Post
Question for the Canadians ordering from Amazon.com..
Are you charged duty on the packages??

I have ordered over 40 packages from Amazon.com and not once have i been charged with duties of any sort. I have seen that some people have complained about it in the past, and those people were from the West Coast for the most part.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #22

Oct 2007
At the Beach! NB, Canada

thank you sir..
I think i'll have to order some then.. because i cant seem to find AC/DC BD anywhere in Canada right now. That's one that i would really like to get,, and amazon has it.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #23
Special Member

Apr 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
I was suprised to see Call of Duty 4 is $59.99 on both Amazon.com and .ca. Futureshop wants 64.99 so f**k them. I'll be ordering from .ca this time.
Amazon.ca is awful for preordering anything that is a 'popular' release, be it books or entertainment. Every time I have preordered something, the day it is suppose to come out I get an email saying it is delayed, and that it will take 1-2 months to arrive. I am currently in this case for a new book that came out last week.

Also, when its the games release date if you look at Amazon.ca it will most of the time say 'In Stock Soon. Get in Line, First come first serve'. If you ever see that then your screwed as well. Your best bet is to go to EB Games and get it there the day it comes out.

EB Games where I live always has the new games exactly when they come out, and they are always fair prices, so COD4 will be 59.99, and i cant wait to get it
Old 11-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #24

Jul 2007
Exclamation

Anybody ever get nailed by brokerage fees? Those can be 40% of the price. I like how U.S. customers ordering from Canada are allowed up to $400.00 while Canadians ordering from the U.S. are only allowed $20.00. Another cruel joke on Canadians. I've already complained to Amazon.ca and Bestbuy.ca and got form letters back, so obviously, their oblivious and don't give a shit!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
HAHAHAHA... I made about 7 searches for titles that I was curious about and then searched just for "blu-ray". The ONLY search result I got was for "blu-ray" and it only turned up 8 titles. Sorry about that. I don't find their site very well designed as I could not find an option to list all of the BD titles.
The Blu-ray icon is right there on the front page, approximately 471 titles are listed. However, if you type in a certain title and if there's a Blu-ray edition, the icon will show up next to the name in the search results.

If you type only the term, "Blu-ray" in it then yes, you won't get a lot of results. That's why they have the Blu-ray Disc graphic on the front page for people to click upon.

Just in case you missed it the first time around... here's the link to the complete list of Blu-ray titles. All 471 of them.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/AdvancedSe...sfl=1&BRonly=1

Just because you're accustomed to typing in Blu-ray at Amazon doesn't mean it'll be the same everywhere else. Amazon.com recently increased their shipping fees. So that's why I'm buying some from DVDPacific.com instead. So far, I'm 100% satisfied with their services. Even if some of their titles are slightly higher than Amazon's prices, I still save money due to the lower shipping fees.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLH View Post
Anybody ever get nailed by brokerage fees? Those can be 40% of the price. I like how U.S. customers ordering from Canada are allowed up to $400.00 while Canadians ordering from the U.S. are only allowed $20.00. Another cruel joke on Canadians. I've already complained to Amazon.ca and Bestbuy.ca and got form letters back, so obviously, their oblivious and don't give a shit!
It's better to go with the national mail service instead of using services like UPS, FedEx and such services. It's cheaper and you'll be more likely to get by the system just fine.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #27

Mar 2007

i got 1 order ont he way and 1 i got last week
ordered 19th october got 25th october
delivery estimate was 6th of november
just took 5 buisnes days
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Nova Scotia, Canada

I bought an Onkyo 605 from the US on Ebay and paid $50 shipping, $50 tax to the Canadian government , and $50 brokerage fee to UPS. The sad thing is the prices on our electronics are so out of whack compared to the States it was still a great deal.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #29
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Canada

No duties so far and I've ordered 8 shipments of blu-ray from amazon.com since the last week of september.

All my deliveries have come through the postal system. Amazon re-mails through their facilities in Ontario.

If you are ordering from other services and/or using a courier, you are likely to get dinged to duties and brokerage fees.

I'm not the west coast.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristotles View Post
If you are ordering from other services and/or using a courier, you are likely to get dinged to duties and brokerage fees.

I'm not the west coast.
So far, it hasn't happened with DVDPacific.com and I've ordered from them on many occasions.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #31
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by delavoie View Post
Question for the Canadians ordering from Amazon.com..
Are you charged duty on the packages??
I have yet to see any duty charges and I've placed over a dozen order on Amazon.com. The way I understand it is that customs randomly selects packages to screen for duty charges. Now, since DVDs are not electronic by nature then they won't register as sharply on their radars when it passes through the x-ray machine. Also, it's such a small package that I'm sure they realize they can get far greater duty out of the larger boxes passing through so they pass on a few DVDs. Lastly, they probably don't even realize that they are HDM! Assuming that what they see in the X-ray are just DVDs, they probably think, "What's the point in charging this person duty on $50 worth of DVDs" when it is, in fact, worth $150 of Blu-ray.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

if you can get items shipped USPS then you normally wont have to worry about duties, and no brokerage fees.

if you get UPS/Fedex they charge their own crazy amount of brokerage fees, + duties etc
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

I don't believe Amazon.com orders to Canada even cross the border. They are shipped from Mississauga, Ontario.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
I don't believe Amazon.com orders to Canada even cross the border. They are shipped from Mississauga, Ontario.
That was my understanding.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3andlovinit View Post
That was my understanding.
No, they definitely are shipped from the USA.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
You know this for a fact?

So they are shipped from the US to Mississauga and then repackaged and sent by Expresspost to people in Canada? There is no customs or US information of any kind on the boxes I get and the return address is Mississauga.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #38
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
You know this for a fact?

So they are shipped from the US to Mississauga and then repackaged and sent by Expresspost to people in Canada? There is no customs or US information of any kind on the boxes I get and the return address is Mississauga.
I have had seperate orders arrive at my door with both locations as departure address. Some ship from the U.S... others from Missassauga Ont.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLH View Post
Actually, it's 60$ that are allowed without any duties, but you have to pay for the tax, if they happened to open your package! I think it's happen only on 5 to 10% of all packages.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I have had seperate orders arrive at my door with both locations as departure address. Some ship from the U.S... others from Missassauga Ont.
I have done 8 orders now and all have been from Mississauga. I don't think these have crossed the border at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals