Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$54.99

Doc Martin: Series 9 (DVD)
$26.44
21 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (DVD)
$129.99

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Sixteenth Season (DVD)
$21.82

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (DVD)
$14.99

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (DVD)
$19.95

The Lion King (DVD)
$19.96

The Originals: The Complete Series (DVD)
$41.82

Rambo: Last Blood (DVD)
$19.99

Mama's Family: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$54.93

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (DVD)
$11.39
16 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (DVD)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals

Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #1

Aug 2014
Nashville, TN
Default Hey Arnold!: Complete Series (16 Discs) $18.96 at Wal-Mart

I was in my local Wal-Mart last night and I found Hey Arnold!: The Complete Series from Shout Factory for $18.96. This is a Wal-Mart exclusive and a great value compared to buying the sets individually. Here is a link to the higher priced online listing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/37146448

EDIT: I just saw this was being discussed in this week's Wal-Mart ad thread. Sorry if this feels redundant.

Last edited by Highfire; 08-21-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Thanks given by:
vivafriend5 (08-30-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfire View Post
I was in my local Wal-Mart last night and I found Hey Arnold!: The Complete Series from Shout Factory for $18.96. This is a Wal-Mart exclusive and a great value compared to buying the sets individually. Here is a link to the higher priced online listing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/37146448

EDIT: I just saw this was being discussed in this week's Wal-Mart ad thread. Sorry if this feels redundant.
I think this deserves its own thread. Lots people probably would never see that in the Wal-Mart thread
Old 08-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #3

Jul 2009

I was fortunate enough to be able to find this in stores, but YMMV on finding this in stores.

I went to 3 different locations. They all had the UPC sticker thing? But when I asked if they have it stock they said it wasn't in their inventory yet. Only when I went to my 4th location I was able to find the last one in stock.

Those who are looking for it. Ask them to find the nearest location with the item in stock.
Those who have it in stock typically have 3-5 in stock.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlucardtheIII View Post
I was fortunate enough to be able to find this in stores, but YMMV on finding this in stores.

I went to 3 different locations. They all had the UPC sticker thing? But when I asked if they have it stock they said it wasn't in their inventory yet. Only when I went to my 4th location I was able to find the last one in stock.

Those who are looking for it. Ask them to find the nearest location with the item in stock.
Those who have it in stock typically have 3-5 in stock.
my local Walmart's fairly small compared to other Supercenters, but they had two copies but out of the next two closest in larger areas, only one has it in stock according to walmart.com. I'd suggest looking at the product page on walmart.com and checking the store inventory, or calling first if it's seemingly small stock.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Washington

Thanks! Will check my local WM tomorrow and see if it's in stock!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Saw it this morning and I couldn't believe it. I ended up putting it back, but I'm going back to get it later today. This is my favorite kids show of all time. I feel ashamed I didn't buy it earlier today lol.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster7 View Post
Saw it this morning and I couldn't believe it. I ended up putting it back, but I'm going back to get it later today. This is my favorite kids show of all time. I feel ashamed I didn't buy it earlier today lol.
Especially when you dedicate your Avi to it, lol. But I just got it today at my local Walmart. There was only 2 left!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #8
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleschmitty View Post
Especially when you dedicate your Avi to it, lol. But I just got it today at my local Walmart. There was only 2 left!
Exactly lol. Picked it up a few hours ago though!

This is an extreme case where I'd buy a DVD
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #9

Aug 2014
North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to spacesuicide

I seen this at Walmart last week. I was super surprised. 18.99 is a steal. Too bad I didn't buy it though. It's a super crazy deal for every season.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #10

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster7 View Post
Exactly lol. Picked it up a few hours ago though!

This is an extreme case where I'd buy a DVD

Couldn't have said it better myself..
Old 08-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacesuicide View Post
I seen this at Walmart last week. I was super surprised. 18.99 is a steal. Too bad I didn't buy it though. It's a super crazy deal for every season.
especially considering the individual seasons are $15+ each. there's actually people on amazon selling them for $49-94. crazy. I make my hatred for DVD no secret but for certain things like this which will never be on Blu-ray and were around before HD, I'm not so adamant against.

It'd be nice if Walmart could also do complete series of The Wild Thornberrys, all of the other Shout titles I can think of** have gotten wide complete series (Aah! Real Monsters, Rocko, Angry Beavers). Now if only we could get some retail releases of Doug (both Nickelodeon and Disney would be fantastic, even if they're not sold together) and Rugrats instead of those Amazon MOD discs.

**EDIT: CatDog as well, but supposedly there's a complete series of it coming in 2014, if so then they better get on the ball then

Last edited by kevin87; 08-28-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (08-28-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
especially considering the individual seasons are $15+ each. there's actually people on amazon selling them for $49-94. crazy. I make my hatred for DVD no secret but for certain things like this which will never be on Blu-ray and were around before HD, I'm not so adamant against.

It'd be nice if Walmart could also do complete series of The Wild Thornberrys, all of the other Shout titles I can think of have gotten wide complete series (Aah! Real Monsters, Rocko, Angry Beavers). Now if only we could get some retail releases of Doug (both Nickelodeon and Disney would be fantastic) and Rugrats instead of those Amazon MOD discs.
You hit the nail on the head. I've been waiting for a Rugrats collection for a little while now.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

Quote:

It'd be nice if Walmart could also do complete series of The Wild Thornberrys, all of the other Shout titles I can think of have gotten wide complete series (Aah! Real Monsters, Rocko, Angry Beavers). Now if only we could get some retail releases of Doug (both Nickelodeon and Disney would be fantastic) and Rugrats instead of those Amazon MOD discs.
the guy selling it for 49 'awangming', I emailed him and said something like "I almost bought this set at Walmart for 18.96 the other day. What is added in your set for the $30 price increase? Interested to buy it if there's some special features only available to you, hence the huge price markup! "
needless to say I didn't get a response back

haha I was actually watching the listing on Amazon a week or so back ... there was one listing for 50 something, and this 'wangming' user was at 70 but jumped down to beat the other by 2 cents, and the 2 stores went back and forth lowering the price, then this guy would beat them by one penny but someone ended up buying from the other guy surprisingly. more surprising is he hasn't price gouged his one back up to 70 like it originally was
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-12-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #14

Jun 2013

I love Hey Arnold. Definitely going to get this.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #15

Aug 2014
North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to spacesuicide

Quote:

Much agreed!

I own the AHHH! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life sets too. They're great.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:42 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
TEXAS

Was happy to find this today!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #17
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Washington

Not in my store anymore

If you guys see it in yours let me know!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

I saw it as recently as last week.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #19
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleschmitty View Post
Not in my store anymore

If you guys see it in yours let me know!
I came across one copy today on the recent TV release rack and bought it. I didn't see this set when I was in the same store last week so they must have just put it out.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #20
Banned

Nov 2013
-
-
-
-

Last week they had 2 at my store, today I go in to buy it and it's not there and there's something else where Hey Arnold originally was. So I assume this means these were extremely limited or something?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals