Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals


Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Jumanji: The Video Game (Switch)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Switch)
$44.99
 
Overwatch (Switch)
$24.99
 
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Switch)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
Collection of Mana (Switch)
$24.65
 
Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Switch)
$19.99
 
Resident Evil Triple Pack (Switch)
$44.99
 
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch)
$49.99
 
Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch)
$49.99
 
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Switch)
$27.85
 
Astral Chain (Switch)
$49.94
 
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Switch)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 03:28 AM   #6641
RyanMatthew RyanMatthew is offline
Active Member
 
RyanMatthew's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
31
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I'd never heard of it before it was mentioned here. I haven't seen it mentioned on my forum either. Of course, my own pro controller has absolutely no issues. I believe it was December 1st I bought it. Perhaps they've actually fixed the issue?
All Switch pro controllers have the horrible D-pad design that allows up, down, left and right to be pressed at the same time. This leads to dropped inputs and accidental jumps in fighting games and accidental fast drops in Puyo Puyo Tetris.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:32 AM   #6642
RyanMatthew RyanMatthew is offline
Active Member
 
RyanMatthew's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
31
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Pretty much every gaming forum on the Switch I've seen is flooded with people telling their horror stories on the Switch pro controller. Hell, one person on here actually said he sent his in for repair and it still doesn't work. I'll buy one when they fix that shit. I'm not paying $70 for a dodgy controller.
D-pad aside, it's still an excellent controller. Nice weight, feels good in the hands, buttons feel good and it has all the functionality of the joycon. The d-pad has one flaw that allows the whole thing to be pressed as one big button, but it's still not as bad as the Xbox 360. I sent mine in for repair back in April and while it's still not perfect, it's much better than before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #6643
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

The full direct is leaked!

Kidding, it's a troll video but well done and amusing.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:14 AM   #6644
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMatthew View Post
All Switch pro controllers have the horrible D-pad design that allows up, down, left and right to be pressed at the same time.
All except mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:20 AM   #6645
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMatthew View Post
D-pad aside, it's still an excellent controller.
It’s just OK overall. The “press” of the buttons is just bad, as its has been since the first Wii. I don’t know why Nintendo thinks those buttons are good at all. The d-pad is bad, although it does do what it’s supposed to. The analogue sticks are fine, but still inferior to what you get with an Xbox or a PlayStation. It’s also very heavy.

Nintendo did well to use USB-C for the console and of course the pro controller. They’re the last console maker I figured would do something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMatthew View Post
The d-pad has one flaw that allows the whole thing to be pressed as one big button ...
This, specifically, cannot be done on mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 AM   #6646
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Pretty much every gaming forum on the Switch I've seen is flooded with people telling their horror stories on the Switch pro controller. Hell, one person on here actually said he sent his in for repair and it still doesn't work. I'll buy one when they fix that shit. I'm not paying $70 for a dodgy controller.
That would be me. I sent mine in late December because I heared they fixed the problem. And I specifically asked the guy on the phone to use the newer components to fix it. I got my controller back about 2-3 days ago and the D-Pad is still not correct. It continues to register the wrong direction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 AM   #6647
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMatthew View Post
D-pad aside, it's still an excellent controller. Nice weight, feels good in the hands, buttons feel good and it has all the functionality of the joycon. The d-pad has one flaw that allows the whole thing to be pressed as one big button, but it's still not as bad as the Xbox 360. I sent mine in for repair back in April and while it's still not perfect, it's much better than before.
Mine isn’t. It’s exactly the same, despite the paperwork saying it’s been fixed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #6648
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
This, specifically, cannot be done on mine.
Congratulations for being the only person on the planet who doesn’t have a wonky D-Pad. Mine is crap.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dyne (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 AM   #6649
RyanMatthew RyanMatthew is offline
Active Member
 
RyanMatthew's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
31
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Congratulations for being the only person on the planet who doesn’t have a wonky D-Pad. Mine is crap.
Exactly. We found the one special person.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dyne (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #6650
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

I just picked my Pro controller up the other day. I haven't experienced the D-pad issues that some on here have reported, but then again the only game I'm really using it with is Zelda. I find it much easier navigating those menus with the Pro D-pad than I did with those tiny individual buttons on the JoyCon.

Overall I like the Pro controller. I think the sticks are a little too "loose" for my taste, similar to the X1 sticks, I prefer the tighter DS4 sticks, and I still wish Nintendo would've included analog triggers but other than that I think the controller is pretty solid. Definitely more comfortable to use that the JoyCon Grip.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 AM   #6651
jtu128 jtu128 is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2010
15
474
105
1
71
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I just picked my Pro controller up the other day. I haven't experienced the D-pad issues that some on here have reported, but then again the only game I'm really using it with is Zelda. I find it much easier navigating those menus with the Pro D-pad than I did with those tiny individual buttons on the JoyCon.

Overall I like the Pro controller. I think the sticks are a little too "loose" for my taste, similar to the X1 sticks, I prefer the tighter DS4 sticks, and I still wish Nintendo would've included analog triggers but other than that I think the controller is pretty solid. Definitely more comfortable to use that the JoyCon Grip.
It’s easy to find out, in the settings menu go to the button test.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #6652
RyanMatthew RyanMatthew is offline
Active Member
 
RyanMatthew's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
31
215
Default

Does anyone here have the Hayabusa arcade stick? I'm hoping to get some feedback on a few strange issues that I've had with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #6653
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

U.S. retail prices for games covered on the Direct Mini according to retail pre-order listings. All first party games, including ports are $60. Dark Souls and SNK Heroines are less.

Dark Souls Remastered $40
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy $50
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition $60
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze $60
Kirby Star Allies $60
The Worlds End with You Final Remix $60
Mario Tennis Aces $60
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana $60
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #6654
mysticwaterfall mysticwaterfall is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mysticwaterfall's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Right Behind You
303
1163
205
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
U.S. retail prices for games covered on the Direct Mini according to retail pre-order listings. All first party games, including ports are $60. Dark Souls and SNK Heroines are less.

Dark Souls Remastered $40
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy $50
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition $60
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze $60
Kirby Star Allies $60
The Worlds End with You Final Remix $60
Mario Tennis Aces $60
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana $60
There's no way TWEWY stays 60$. I would expect 40 or less.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:53 PM   #6655
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
There's no way TWEWY stays 60$. I would expect 40 or less.
Kirby, DK Tropical Freeze, and TWEWY should be no more than 39.99. Absolutely ridiculous to charge 60.00 for those games. Those are "3DS" level games in terms of productions/ambition yet they want us to pay premium prices for them. SO tone deaf!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #6656
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze $60
I can get this game for $15 on the Wii U. It’s ridiculous that it’s $60 on Switch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #6657
Ruben Rybnik Ruben Rybnik is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2009
Seattle, WA
3
578
23
73
231
Default

So far the one complaint is the price if the ports
If you previously owned it would be nice if they offered a discount but these should start at $40
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #6658
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Rybnik View Post
So far the one complaint is the price if the ports
If you previously owned it would be nice if they offered a discount but these should start at $40
That won’t happen. It would anger everyone that bought MK8D (that had previously bought MK8) without a discount.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #6659
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Paramount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
That won’t happen. It would anger everyone that bought MK8D (that had previously bought MK8) without a discount.
I didnt mind paying full price for MK8 Deluxe because it contained all DLC plus a new battle mode and added the mechanic of carrying 2 items at once. For me that was enough to justfy charging full price. However theyre nuts if they think im paying 60.00 for DK TF just because they added Funky Kong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #6660
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
6
1083
326
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I didnt mind paying full price for MK8 Deluxe because it contained all DLC plus a new battle mode and added the mechanic of carrying 2 items at once. For me that was enough to justfy charging full price. However theyre nuts if they think im paying 60.00 for DK TF just because they added Funky Kong.
So does that mean are you ok with Hyrule Warriors being $60 since it has all the DLC plus content from both the Wii U and 3DS versions?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 PM.