Best DVD Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$54.99

Doc Martin: Series 9 (DVD)
$26.44

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Sixteenth Season (DVD)
$21.82

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (DVD)
$14.96

Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries: Series 1 (DVD)
$29.99

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (DVD)
$19.95

Rambo: Last Blood (DVD)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (DVD)
$129.99

Mama's Family: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$54.96

The Lion King (DVD)
$19.96

Ad Astra (DVD)
$17.99

Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (DVD)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals

Old 09-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV
Default Goldbergs Season 2 $19.99 or both seasons for $20 at Bestbuy!

Also it counts as $29.98 towards $50 giftcard promo.
Thanks given by:
That'sAllFolks (09-09-2015)
Old 09-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post

Also it counts as $29.98 towards $50 giftcard promo.
I forgot when does The Goldbergs S2 come out, this week? Good deal for 2 seasons.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
I forgot when does The Goldbergs S2 come out, this week? Good deal for 2 seasons.
Yes, came out today.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

According to the sign I saw today, the in-store promo for buying both seasons is different. Only a $5 gift card rather than the $10 off.

Last edited by Evil; 09-15-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: gift card rather than RZ
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

May 2014

How are both seasons $20? Is it buy one get one free? Please be more specific.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #6
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaGuy View Post
How are both seasons $20? Is it buy one get one free? Please be more specific.
You get $10 off when you buy both seasons in the same order. S1 is $9.99 and S2 is $19.99 before the discount.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
Old 09-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #7

Sep 2009

I just went to the store and picked up both, automatically came up as $19.99 for both and got $5 gift card
Old 09-11-2015, 04:37 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrLoin View Post
I just went to the store and picked up both, automatically came up as $19.99 for both and got $5 gift card
How did you get a $5 GC with this?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #9

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
How did you get a $5 GC with this?
Sign posted in store says get $5 gc if both purchased. Rang up automatically
Old 09-13-2015, 07:04 AM   #10
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
I stopped at Best Buy this afternoon and the deal worked as exactly you said.

$7.50 a season will be tough to beat. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
Sign posted in store says get $5 gc if both purchased. Rang up automatically
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
I stopped at Best Buy this afternoon and the deal worked as exactly you said.

$7.50 a season will be tough to beat. Thanks for the info.
Hmm, I didn't realize this.

I used it to help pad my transaction total to get to $100 so that I could get the $25 GC, but I didn't get the $5 GC on top of it, so I guess they didn't stack.

If I had known that there was a separate promo just for buying the GBs, I may have tried to do that transaction separately. But then I would have had to come up with another ~$30 worth of other shows to meet my $100 threshold on the $25 GC promo.

I did buy some other shows to get to $50 on a separate transaction to get another $10 GC, but if I used those, I would've lost out on the $10 GC. I guess it worked out in the end, but I didn't realize there was a $5 GC promo on top of the discount (both for $20) for buying both seasons. I guess they're really trying to move this title.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Any idea if this is still going on?
Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #13
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
Any idea if this is still going on?
I don't think it is. The online link redirects to the Best Buy homepage, the offer is no longer listed under special offers on the seasons' pages, and the sign in-store about the $5 gift card had an end date of 9/12 on it.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 04:04 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014

I picked up the 2 for $20 deal on this online during last week. During checkout and on all my receipts it lists Goldbergs S1 as $6 and change, and Goldbergs S2 as $13 and change, and then something else I ordered to get free shipping at normal price (it was $12, but of course the system recognized the whole deal as over $35).

I had mainly gotten the "free" Goldbergs S1 because I was already getting S2 and was going to give this extra copy as a gift to someone. Turns out they already have it. So, my question is: if I don't find anyone else to give this copy to, would it be possible to return at it my local store and just get the $6 and change refunded? If not, it's no big deal. I guess I'll just have an extra copy if nobody I know or my family knows wants it. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
would it be possible to return at it my local store and just get the $6 and change refunded? If not, it's no big deal. I guess I'll just have an extra copy if nobody I know or my family knows wants it. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing.
I'm pretty sure the deal is killed if you did that and you'd have to pay full price for S2. If it would've been Target then they probably would've gave you the $6+ back for it.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the deal is killed if you did that and you'd have to pay full price for S2. If it would've been Target then they probably would've gave you the $6+ back for it.
I figured that would be the case. Anyway, it's no big deal. Since I was buying S2 and I'm getting S1 for free, it's all good. I'm sure I'll find a relative or someone I know who can get good use of this extra copy.
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
I picked up the 2 for $20 deal on this online during last week. During checkout and on all my receipts it lists Goldbergs S1 as $6 and change, and Goldbergs S2 as $13 and change, and then something else I ordered to get free shipping at normal price (it was $12, but of course the system recognized the whole deal as over $35).

I had mainly gotten the "free" Goldbergs S1 because I was already getting S2 and was going to give this extra copy as a gift to someone. Turns out they already have it. So, my question is: if I don't find anyone else to give this copy to, would it be possible to return at it my local store and just get the $6 and change refunded? If not, it's no big deal. I guess I'll just have an extra copy if nobody I know or my family knows wants it. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing.
Quote:
Quote:
I figured that would be the case. Anyway, it's no big deal. Since I was buying S2 and I'm getting S1 for free, it's all good. I'm sure I'll find a relative or someone I know who can get good use of this extra copy.
I'm not sure. I noticed that was the way they itemized those on my receipt too.

I just assumed that they essentially prorated the discount between the two seasons the way they wanted to to give you the savings discount so that if you returned on or the other you lost the prorated discount on that item, but not the other.

That way, if you bought S1 and S2 and got $10 off for buying both, you couldn't just return S1 and keep the full $10 discount on S2, essentially getting S2 for $9.99 without having bought and kept S1.

The way I interpreted the receipt was that they prorated the $10 discount between the two seasons (about $3+ off S1 and $6+ off S2) so that if you return one you only lose the discount prorated for that item. Meaning, if you returned only S1 you would get $6+ back, but get to keep S2 for $13+

I don't know if this is how it works, but that's how I interpreted the receipt.

I guess you could just go to the store and ask or try.

I noticed that this was also the way they seemed to handle the free TV GC promo, I think they partitioned the value of the promo GC among the eligible items in the transaction, so that if you return any particular item you only lose the portion of the prorated GC associated with the returned item, but not the entire thing.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
Yes, the Target receipts are more clear about what would happen in the case of a return of an item that was part of a promo bundle.

They usually highlight bundle promos on the receipt as a "Special Promotion" and itemize the items included, the promo discount applied, and the "Refund Value" for each item, which usually just pro-rates the discount among the items in the bundle, so that if you return part of a bundle, you get a refund less the pro-rated discount. It says that you have to return the entire bundle to get a full refund.

My interpretation of returning items from BB bundles is the same although their receipts don't make it quite as clear what is going to happen. I could be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted the receipts.

I was thinking about this recently because on one transaction I bought Homeland S4 to get past the $100 threshold to get the $25 GC. It was more than I usually pay for a TV season, but it gave me an extra $15 in GCs.

But I was wondering what would happen if the price dropped in the next 45 days and I went to get a price adjustment, if that would interfere with the promo GC I got. I don't know the answer to this yet, but I guess I'll find out if the price on this drops soon. But the Goldbergs sets were on this same receipt and that's why I noticed the way things were processed on the receipt.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

I guess the reason I didn't get that $5 GC was because I already had the TV GC promo in my transaction and they don't allow double dips (although they did allow stacking of the 2 for $20 Goldbergs deal and the TV GC promo ).
Old 09-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Los Angeles

Crap!!
Can't believe I missed out on this deal.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > DVD Deals