Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

La Poison (Blu-ray)
$17.24
6 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 02-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV
Metro Goldwyn Mayer No Time to Die (007) (2020) - April 08, 2020

‘Bond 25’ Looking for the Next Real-World Threat

Quote:
Birth.Movies.Death. picked up some quotes from associate producer “Gregg Wilson, son of Eon honcho Michael G. Wilson and heir apparent to the 007 producer’s throne,” about the upcoming sequel, and roughly translated from Norwegian site filmweb.no, they read:

"We’ve just begun to doodle with ideas for the next movie. Each script process begins when we ask ourselves the question: “What is the world afraid of now?” In the case of Spectre the theme was global monitoring and utilization of information. So now we are trying to find out what will be relevant in the coming years."

Wilson continued:

"We always want to do something new with the Bond character and see him in situations we have not seen him in the past. We must give the audience something new every time…often it helps to go back to Ian Fleming’s novels for inspiration, whether you’re talking about grades or mood…"
SOURCE: http://collider.com/bond-25-story-gregg-wilson/

How James Bond May Change To Keep Daniel Craig As 007

Quote:
The folks in charge certainly appear to want Craig back for the 25th James Bond movie, and are considering pushing it back in order to accommodate his schedule.

It was recently announced that Daniel Craig will star in the 20-part series Purity, which will reportedly film fairly soon. This led many to presume that this meant the end for Craig as James Bond, as MGM hoped to get a new film into theaters by next year. But a source told Yahoo that:

"They [MGM] know he wants to do Purity and had hoped to get the new film in cinemas next year, but they have vowed to push it back a year to help make his schedule easier."
SOURCE: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-J...07-113447.html

Older news:

Rumor: Christoph Waltz Will Come Back for More James Bond, But Only if Daniel Craig Does Too

Quote:
Christoph Waltz is rumored to be coming back not just for Bond 25, but also for Bond 26. However, there’s a catch. Waltz will only return for the sequels if Daniel Craig comes back as James Bond. Otherwise he’s out.
SOURCE: http://www.slashfilm.com/christoph-waltz-bond-25/

Last edited by Scottie; 08-20-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013

If Waltz wants out, then fine. See ya. Blofeld has always had different actors playing him so it's no big deal. I won't miss him as I thought he was the weakest part of SPECTRE.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
If Waltz wants out, then fine. See ya. Blofeld has always had different actors playing him so it's no big deal. I won't miss him as I thought he was the weakest part of SPECTRE.
The weakest part of Spectre was the abysmal script. I can't blame Waltz for sleepwalking through the role, when his entire motivation for being evil is that daddy preferred taking Bond fishing instead of him.
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (02-20-2016), Geoff D (02-21-2016), knives>ramona (05-22-2016), MattPerdue (02-23-2016), MrGraves (04-20-2019), qb2333 (08-11-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Yeah honestly Waltz wasn't the problem, it was the writing. We know what he can do with a good script.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2010
Florida

While I don't care for Waltz' ultimatum, he has the potential to be the strongest Blofeld we've had thus far, and the franchise deserves a single actor to keep reprising that role, instead of multiple actor changes every movie involving Blofeld.

I can realistically see Craig signing on to only one more film as Bond, so if that means we also only get Waltz for one more go, then that's fine by me. They should go all out and make this the most fun and action packed Bond yet with Craig as the lead. The last two films have been more on the slower side, yet still amazing in their own right.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Trying to think of directors who would be good to tackle this and drawing a blank on good British directors. The one that did come to mind was an odd one, but following the misfire of The Danish Girl, I think Tom Hooper could afford a revamp in his career and tackle this, it'd be fun to see if he could tackle action but I think his pretty glam visuals (along with the sense of scope he brought to Les Mis) would fit a follow up to the two Mendes ventures suitably stylistically. It'd be a big risk, and I don't particularly like his films or his work all that much, but it might be a good shout and it might get his head out of his rear end a little bit.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2010
Florida

Would Guy Ritchie be a wacky suggestion? Really liked what he did with the two Sherlock Holmes films, especially tone wise and the directing style he went with.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #8
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Would Guy Ritchie be a wacky suggestion? Really liked what he did with the two Sherlock Holmes films, especially tone wise and the directing style he went with.
I dunno, not for a Daniel Craig Bond film, but Spectre definitely crossed paths with The Man From UNCLE in a couple of scenes.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2010
Florida

I'm thinking Christopher No-

*clears throat*

Christopher No-

Thanks given by:
callahan09 (08-08-2017), MattPerdue (02-23-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Yeah honestly Waltz wasn't the problem, it was the writing. We know what he can do with a good script.
What, play the same character the same way?
Old 02-21-2016, 12:33 AM   #11
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Ritchie was mentioned in a rumor back in December as being favored for the gig, but I'd take it with a grain of salt: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/g...rector-6962038
Old 02-21-2016, 12:38 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2013
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Trying to think of directors who would be good to tackle this and drawing a blank on good British directors. The one that did come to mind was an odd one, but following the misfire of The Danish Girl, I think Tom Hooper could afford a revamp in his career and tackle this, it'd be fun to see if he could tackle action but I think his pretty glam visuals (along with the sense of scope he brought to Les Mis) would fit a follow up to the two Mendes ventures suitably stylistically. It'd be a big risk, and I don't particularly like his films or his work all that much, but it might be a good shout and it might get his head out of his rear end a little bit.
I've said it a couple times that I'd love to see Danny Boyle take a stab at the franchise. He could really bring some style to Craig's final film if need be.
Thanks given by:
lemonhead118 (09-28-2016), Visionist (05-26-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
when his entire motivation for being evil is that daddy preferred taking Bond fishing instead of him.
I know right. lol.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:56 AM   #14
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Debts View Post
I've said it a couple times that I'd love to see Danny Boyle take a stab at the franchise. He could really bring some style to Craig's final film if need be.
Danny Boyle is my dream choice for a Bond flick. Would also like to see some minority and female directors take a stab at the franchise, too, particularly the latter.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

I want Daniel Craig back for the next film.
I want Christoph Waltz back for the next film.
I want Lea Seydoux back for the next film.

I hope that Spectre was setting us up for an updated re-interpretation of On Her Majesty's Secret Service where Bond and Madeleine Swann get married, and where Swann is killed by Blofeld.
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (02-21-2016), Luke B. (03-06-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 01:00 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

I still want Chad Stahelski & David Leitch to direct but they'll never pick a non-European director. So, bring back Martin Campbell.

As for a new Blofeld, would it be wrong to have Mads Mikkelsen play two Bond villains? If so, let's go with Mark Rylance.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 AM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Everyone knew Blofeld was going to be in a movie called Spectre. I was hoping the twist would be that the secondary villain played by Andrew Scott would end up being him and Waltz was misdirection, but nope.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:19 AM   #18
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I want Daniel Craig back for the next film.
I want Christoph Waltz back for the next film.
I want Lea Seydoux back for the next film.

I hope that Spectre was setting us up for an updated re-interpretation of On Her Majesty's Secret Service where Bond and Madeleine Swann get married, and where Swann is killed by Blofeld.
I agree with everything except having Swann killed. I'd like to have this version of Bond ride off into the sunset with the girl (whichever girl it may be).

Speaking of which, can Bond finally nab Moneypenny? They teased a romantic relationship so many times throughout the franchise, most recently in Skyfall. Don't know if I'm alone in this, but it would be cool seeing Bond and Moneypenny work together in the field and finally hook up by the end. After all, it is Bond 25. Took long enough.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:24 AM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Netherlands

And what about the cinematographer? Emmanuel Lubezki?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:31 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2013
ME

You know what else needs to show up again? An evil Bond girl, a la Xenia Onatopp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Danny Boyle is my dream choice for a Bond flick. Would also like to see some minority and female directors take a stab at the franchise, too, particularly the latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter V View Post
And what about the cinematographer? Emmanuel Lubezki?
I forgot to mention this but in addition to Boyle, I'd also love to see Alfonso Cuaron make a Bond flick.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
007, bond, craig, daniel, james