Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00
17 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$22.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California
Default Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness

Quote:
Scott Derrickson Would Love to Make a Visceral ‘Doctor Strange’ Sequel in the Vein of ‘The Dark Knight’
Posted on Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 by Jack Giroux
Doctor Strange sequel

Doctor Strange comes out in less than two weeks now, but the early buzz is already remarkably high for director Scott Derrickson‘s Marvel movie. Critics are embracing the origin story, which shares a few things in common with the likes of Batman Begins, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Iron Man. Doctor Strange is an exceptional origin story where the setup is as entertaining as the setpieces, but with Stephen Strange’s origin story now told, what’s next for the character?

Below, read what Scott Derrickson said about a Doctor Strange sequel.

There’s a lot of groundwork to lay in Doctor Strange. Derrickson and his co-writers Jon Spaihts and C. Robert Cargill had to set up an ensemble of characters and plenty of rules and details about this trippy side of the universe. The characters and world are clearly and cleanly established, but it’s the type of exposition that likely wouldn’t be necessary for a sequel. With a potential sequel, Derrickson would probably have far less heavy lifting to do from the start.

The director now has the opportunity, like Christopher did, to make a comic book movie that explores the well-established hero’s adversary more. Here’s what Derrickson told Den of Geek about envisioning a more “visceral” sequel:

What made The Dark Knight so great was that the origin story of Batman had been well-told, and then it was time to bring in a villain where you really got to go deep. And not just the Joker, also Two-Face. It was a more visceral experience, I’d love to be able to do that for Doctor Strange.

The director added:

I love the character, I love the visual possibilities, and I know the comics so well – [the first movie is] the tip of an iceberg. There’s so much progress that can be made.

Doctor Strange tells a complete story, but it also leaves the door open for future possibilities. We all know we’ll see Doctor Strange again in the MCU — and some are speculating we’ll see him next in Thor: Ragnarok, based partially on a set photo — but we’ll have to wait and see about a sequel. It is, however, difficult to imagine audiences not wanting one after seeing Doctor Strange, but again, we shall see. Marvel’s latest film is currently on track to make somewhere between $50 million and $70 million, which is in the neighborhood of Ant-Man and Captain America: The First Avenger‘s opening weekends.

Here’s the official synopsis for Doctor Strange:

From Marvel Studios comes “Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.

Doctor Strange opens in theaters November 4th.
http://www.slashfilm.com/doctor-strange-sequel/

Last edited by LordCrumb; 07-21-2019 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

*Marvel's
Old 10-25-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
*Marvel's

I changed it before you commented.
Thanks given by:
Pounder (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Doctor Strange 2: Doctor Stranger
2 Doctor 2 Strange
Doctor Strange into Darkness
Thanks given by:
RageATL (11-08-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2010
Florida

Doctor: Stranger Things
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (10-25-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #6

Oct 2012
Central IL

DocTwoer Strange
Old 10-26-2016, 03:47 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
The O.C.

Dr. Strange 2: Toyko Drift
Old 10-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Doctor Strange II.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
The O.C.

Has a sequel officially been green lit? The article just seems to mention what the director would like to do with the sequel, not that it's been confirmed.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
Has a sequel officially been green lit? The article just seems to mention what the director would like to do with the sequel, not that it's been confirmed.
Probably not confirmed, but inevitable at this stage. The first one looks pretty good.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #11
Expert Member

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

Doctor 2 Strange
Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #12
Special Member

Jan 2012
Saint Louis, MO

Doctor Strange II: Electric Boogaloo
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (08-31-2019)
Old 10-26-2016, 03:56 AM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014

Stranger Danger
On Stranger Tides
Dr. Strange Brew
Thanks given by:
NeoVisionist (09-21-2019)
Old 10-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #14
Banned

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
This Walt Ghost's guy is doing this stuff all the time. Creating a placeholder threads based on wishful thinkings and random thoughts by actors, directors etc. It's rather silly.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #15

Sep 2014
Twin Cities, MN

Doctor 2trange
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Rothman View Post
This Walt Ghost's guy is doing this stuff all the time. Creating a placeholder threads based on wishful thinkings and random thoughts by actors, directors etc. It's rather silly.

We know a sequel is inevitable, and if talk turns towards the sequel, then it should be in its own thread. I've been contributing to this site for a long time, and have been doing this for years. Sorry if you've got a problem with it, but I start threads for when the need for films begin, whether the information is small or big. A lot of people like following the progression of film's as they go through development, so I try to make sure the threads are treated as such.
Thanks given by:
Hellraiserfan (10-27-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #17
Banned

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post

We know a sequel is inevitable, and if talk turns towards the sequel, then it should be in its own thread. I've been contributing to this site for a long time, and have been doing this for years. Sorry if you've got a problem with it, but I start threads for when the need for films begin, whether the information is small or big. A lot of people like following the progression of film's as they go through development, so I try to make sure the threads are treated as such.
I've been contributing to this site for years too, so what? Are you saying that you should be 'privileged' on the account of that?

The information is not small, but non existing. Derrickson talked about the sequel hypothetically. Going by your logic if Derrickson stated that he dreamed about doing Dr. Strange 3 & 4 that would be good enough reason to warrant a new threads because it's a small information, right? Sorry, I disagree. The good news is that my disagreement won't effect your future contributions, so have a ball
Old 10-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California
Default Marvel's Doctor Strange 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Rothman View Post
I've been contributing to this site for years too, so what? Are you saying that you should be 'privileged' on the account of that?

The information is not small, but non existing. Derrickson talked about the sequel hypothetically. Going by your logic if Derrickson stated that he dreamed about doing Dr. Strange 3 & 4 that would be good enough reason to warrant a new threads because it's a small information, right? Sorry, I disagree. The good news is that my disagreement won't effect your future contributions, so have a ball

No, it's not about being privileged at all. But what I'm saying is that I've been contributing in the same way for the time I've been here. You contribute to the site too in your way, and a lot of us are really appreciative of that. I don't think any of us who want to keep this site and the users informed should be taking pot shots at each other for any reason. We're all here for the same reason: we love movies, and we want to share in that with each other. That's far more important than squabbling over this, right? I'd rather we keep doing what we do, and bring users on here up to date information. It's what we've been trying to do, and that's why we're here. I'm happy to be a part of this community, and I'm happy to continue talking movies with those who love it as much as I do. That's what matters at the end of the day.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2015

So Strange lives through movie #1? SPOILER ALERT!
Thanks given by:
Petra_Kalbrain (10-26-2016), RageATL (11-08-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Chicago, IL

"Doctor Strange Meets The Beverly Hillbillies"
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies