Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (AFTER You've Seen It!)
One Star 27 10.27%
Two Stars 55 20.91%
Three Stars 111 42.21%
Four Stars 61 23.19%
Five Stars 9 3.42%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
The writers apparently.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:24 AM   #42
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Everything is about happy mediums. You care about continuity up to a point, but in the end you do what's best for the movie.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

They ain't rebooting sh**!
Old 12-08-2016, 01:22 AM   #44
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA
Default New X-Men movie to begin production, May 2017

Reports are coming to light that 20th Century Fox has opened a production office at MELS studios complex in Canada, where two previous X-Men films have been produced. While information isn't forthcoming as to which film it may be, some reports are saying that it could be the anticipated "New Mutants" movie while other reports are suggesting that the movie might be the next chapter of the X-Men "with the central trio of Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy set in the 90s".

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...our-a-montreal
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/x...t-shooting-may

This is great news. The reports suggest that the new production starts in May 2017. More information as it becomes known. Special note: there is another source, which I refused to post here because it contains movie news as well as a torrent website.

Quote:
20th Century Fox certainly has a lot on its hands in terms of its X-Men universe output. As far as the primary series is concerned, reports suggest that another movie is planned with the central trio of Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy set in the 90s. Additionally, there is the New Mutants feature to be directed by Josh Boone, the forthcoming Wolverine sequel Logan, the Channing Tatum-fronted Gambit movie and the small matter of a sequel — and most likely a threequel — to Deadpool .

Despite this abundance of projects, the future direction of the X-Men franchise is far from certain. Much of the information available regarding New Mutants is limited to rumor and informed speculation and after X-Men: Apocalypse underperformed at the box office, it was unclear whether Fox would press ahead with that timeline — particularly as Lawrence, Fassbender, and McAvoy’s contracts all ended with that movie. Recent reports suggested that Fox wanted to re-sign its central trio but also perform a ‘soft reset’ on the franchise in an order to boost popularity.

While Trudel doesn’t specify exactly what film will shoot at his studio, the two previous movies he refers to are X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse. This may infer that the May production is the continuation of Simon Kinberg’s main X-Men series that will be set in the 90s and continue on from Apocalypse. However, without confirmation, it is arguably more likely that New Mutants will be the production taking residence in Montreal, as Kinberg has previously stated that the movie would begin filming in spring 2017 and Fox may not be comfortable shooting two X-Men movies concurrently.

If New Mutants is indeed the mystery movie, this may get fans excited about the prospect of a new direction for the X-Men franchise. Kinberg has already confirmed the film will stay loyal to its comic book source material and has promised an appearance from Professor X, with Alexandra Shipp’s Storm also rumored to feature . The success of Deadpool proved that a smaller-scale production and more adult-orientated content needn’t hinder a movie’s financial success and 20th Century Fox may well be keen to see if they can produce another huge hit.

Of course despite recent outings receiving a muted reception, the studio won’t have given up on the main X-Men timeline just yet, even if they can’t tempt the likes of Jennifer Lawrence back into the fold. However, given how Lawrence has been utilized in the last two X-Men movies, perhaps a move into new territory for a little while would do the franchise a whole lot of good.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:35 AM   #45
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Made a thread for it a month ago.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284646
Old 12-08-2016, 01:36 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2013
ME

Lawrence has shown that she really doesn't give a flying poo about this franchise anymore, considering her performances in Apocalypse in comparison to McAvoy and Fassbender. I'd be surprised if it does turn out to be the 90's movie that the studio and Kinberg wants to do instead of New Mutants. As far as I can tell, NM is looking much more probable due to some of those leaked storyboards that appeared the other day and casting rumors that have been flying around.
Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (03-07-2017)
Old 12-08-2016, 02:06 AM   #47
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

RJ, I'm well aware of the other topics. If this turns out to be something different, then this is something that deserves its own topic. I'll leave it to the moderators to make that decision. The information I posted was just released in the past 24 hours, not two months ago. LOLS

But, as far as this new X-Men project goes, it will be interesting to see what film this will turn out to be.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:12 AM   #48
Banned

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
The information I posted was just released in the past 24 hours, not two months ago. LOLS
that's not relevant at all. You created a double thread. Deal with it.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:13 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter123 View Post
They need to stop being selfish and give the rights back to Marvel already so we can get an authentic X-Men move. Do it for the collective good.
LOL selfish.

Marvel has enough money to buy back the rights they sold, so if Marvel wants to do it, then they should do that. But accusing Fox of being selfish when they own the rights fair and square is pure fanboy ridiculousness.
Thanks given by:
Zillamon51 (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 02:14 AM   #50
Banned

Apr 2012
Hawaii

New X-Men film set to start shooting May

Production is set to start on what’s being described as the seventh film in the X-Men series in May 2017, according to a new report.
According to Le Journal de Montreal, the new film is heading back to the Montreal area, and a production office opened up yesterday at the MELS Studios complex. Both X-Men: Days Of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse also shot in the area.
The report goes on to reveal that set construction is expected to begin in January, and that the production is taking over Studios 2 and 3 of the MELS complex. That’s no idle speculation, either. That's direct from the president of MELS, Michel Trudel, who says he expects filming to go on for “several months”. He also reveals that “they will start shooting in May”.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/x...#ixzz4SD0N6m00
Thanks given by:
Mandalorian (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 02:30 AM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Toca View Post
Made a thread for it a month ago.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284646
Too many X-Men threads. I recommend that we stick to the X-Men Cinematic Universe thread, until a movie is officially announced and it gets its own thread.

But that's just me.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #52
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I really can't imagine they get all these actors back for a 4th movie with the box office Apocalypse got. I guess you never know though.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM   #53
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Thing is, as much as Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence reiterate that they are done with the series, they would no doubt change their mind if they wanted the paycheck. Right now, Fassbender is busy with Alien Covenant, so it's probably a scheduling conflict with him. But, Jennifer Lawrence? I expect that they would most likely return, if the script were halfway decent.

I think I recall Jennifer Lawrence remarking how she would be open to returning for another X-Men movie but that it would depend on how she felt at the time that Fox Studios asks her. From what she said earlier this year:

Quote:
I want them to ask me, and then I’m just going to see how I feel in the moment when they ask. It might not make a lot of sense to a lot of people, but I feel like I’ll know when they ask. If I get a pit in my stomach and feel like I’m going to throw up, I’ll say no. And if I don’t, I’ll ask how much they want to pay me.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/More-...tic-72555.html

There was also another response she made, which makes more sense:

Quote:
Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking. Like, ‘Will you come back?’ ‘I dunno.’ ‘I’ll come back, if you come back.’ Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are. … I would love to come back. I love the fans and I love the character. But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is. I don’t know. I shouldn’t be that honest.
http://www.themarysue.com/jennifer-l...-with-costars/

Then, there was another statement she made regarding possibly returning for a new sequel:

Quote:
Lawrence’s stance on a possible return seems to have taken a 180 degree turn, telling Empire, “I am dying to come back. I love these movies, I love being in them. I love ensemble movies because it’s not on anyone’s shoulders."
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/03/...-x-men-movies/

I think that it's going to come down to whatever McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence agree to and how much money is involved and the timing for filming of a new sequel.

But, ideally, I'd love for the new sequel to feature: Scott Summers, Jean Gray, Iceman, Wolverine, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Beast, Storm ... these were the new X-Men, who took over the team when the comic series was rebooted as the Uncanny X-Men.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #54
Special Member

Jan 2015
the island

Please dont do this, please

There is absolutely no need to reboot the franchise, I feel everything just flows very nicely from X-Men 1-3, then First Class showing us the beginnings, and Days of Future Past essentially 'deleting' the first 3 movies, with Apocalypse being a finale kinda thing.

Disclaimer - im not a comic book fanboy so dont care for costumes, and how certain characters look (like Apocalypse), I just watch them for what they are

My rankings (just because)
1. First Class
2. Apocalypse
3. Wolverine
4. Days of Future Past
5. The first 3 movies didnt happen in my eyes
Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (03-07-2017)
Old 12-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Thumbs down

An all-out reboot at this point is stupid and unnecessary. We just got new, younger versions of Jean, Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler. Why go through recasting yet again? Or switch to a secondary team of B-listers that no one cares about?
Thanks given by:
Infernal King (12-09-2016), Monterey Jack (12-09-2016), RancorKeeper (12-13-2016), UniSol GR77 (03-07-2017)
Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #56
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Thing is, the movie failed, as far as Fox is concerned and I heard that there has been some rumble about letting Marvel Studios produce the films. When I did some research on this, I discovered the real problem why Fox Studios is reluctant to give the rights back to Marvel:

Foxbusiness believes the company would not sell the film rights of "X-Men, including “X-Men: Apocalypse” to Disney. Because if it does, 21st Century Fox would be left with only “Planet of the Apes” and “Avatar” as its only big-screen franchises that are bankable.

Source: http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8...c-universe.htm

It does explain why Fox Studios won't give up the rights to X-Men and why they might be reluctant to let go of Fantastic Four. Thing is, every time Fox Studios wants to create a new X-Men TV series, they're going to have to make a deal with Marvel Studios, which means allowing Marvel Studios to have access to use certain characters in the MCU.

Fox Studios could benefit by letting Marvel Studios get the rights back but retaining the distribution rights. Not only could Marvel Studios do a proper adaption of these mutants but they could also explain the number of X-Men movies to be produced.

Thing is, Marvel Studios would need to increase the number of movies they are producing each year. It's been only about ten years and they are still only releasing two movies per year. Two movies this year, three movies in 2017 and 2018 and two in 2019. They've proven their track number and they need to increase the number of movies to around four to six movies per year.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #57
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2009

I rather have a full reboot than another prequel. Why the hell can't the X-Men stay on modern day, instead of being another period piece? -_-
Old 12-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #58
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

When they rebooted the series with X-Men First Class, they should have just retconned every movie that came before it. While they kind of did that, the mistake was that they allowed the previous films to exist within the context of Days of Future Past. While that film was successful, Apocalypse was simply mishandled and it was plagued by poor communication when they released that first image of Apocalypse and it all went downhill from there.

Just how many times does Fox need to reboot the X-Men? If they had done it right the first time, they wouldn't have needed to reboot anything. The problem? Allowing Bryan Singer to come back in to direct these new X-Men movies. This is the coward that dumped 20th Century Fox just so he could direct Superman Returns.

With Apocalypse, it's been shown that Bryan Singer has become a detriment to the X-Men films and that Fox Studios doesn't know how to handle movie franchise licenses.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #59
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2009

Fox doesn't know anything about comics. That's why they keep hiring Bryan Singer. Because to them if it ain't broke, then don't fix it. Unfortunately, Bryan Singer's style no longer works for the franchise and it clearly shows in X-Men: Apocalypse. He finally tries to adapt a more fantastical character from the comics like Apocalypse, but the character didn't translate well into film. The past Bryan Singer X-Men films worked because the stories were more "grounded". X-Men: Apocalypse is where Bryan Singer finally embraces the comics a bit more, but at the same time he was holding back. As a result, the film came out uneven.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013
-
-

Bryan Singer is the best comic book movie director ever.

I will stop watching X-Men films the moment that franchise is absorbed into the MCU. Then it will become just another soap opera sitcom.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies