Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
19 hrs ago
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59
17 hrs ago
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the film (after you've seen it)
8 3.28%
31 12.70%
71 29.10%
84 34.43%
50 20.49%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2018, 05:49 AM   #41
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I have only had the pic with ID happen once or twice before but yeah as I've gotten older I have taken NDA's more seriously. In my 20's, early 30's I used to send in test screening reviews to AICN and had a few run on the site, these days I am not that brave and I also don't want to ruin something for fans anymore, especially this, which I am looking forward to release to discuss with everyone because I have some questions.

I didn't see Peele but I assumed he slipped in when the lights went down and ducked out right before they came back on, that's how it usually goes at these. Over the years I have been at screenings with Blomkampf in attendance though only die hard fans recognized him, same with Feig, who I ran into in the restroom before the screening. Zemeckis came out and took pics with everyone after The Walk. Saw Bird and Lindelof after Tomorrowland and said hello to the latter, few recognized him too. After Unbroken a few of us who knew she was the director waited around after the screening to catch a glimpse of Jolie but they snuck her past us somehow.
Give us one wink if the film was good, two if not.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
Where did you see it? I am curious to see what others (who apparently don't honor their NDA) thought. I checked Twitter within hours of the screening, only saw one person say something and they were vague. On the NDA's they were asking for peoples Twitter and IG handles too.
I saw the ENTIRE synopsis in a locked post on a gossip forum I’m a member on. They obviously locked it because they broke their NDA. I have seen the same summary on one subreddit too.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

Can anyone give an idea of what the synopsis is?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

May 2011
Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Can anyone give an idea of what the synopsis is?
This is from the IMDb page:

Quote:
A mother and father take their kids to their beach house, expecting to enjoy time with friends, but their serenity turns to tension and chaos when some visitors arrive uninvited.
Thanks given by:
levcore (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I browsed just now and I'm just finding the extremely vague synopsis that released the same time as screen testings started.
Of course some sites are claiming leaked but it's not. I'm enjoying the speculation people are tossing out and the dissection of the movie poster.
I'm worried about the trailer, it can very easily fall into spoiler territory. I told my brother that I'll watch the trailer first to make sure it doesn't blow anything.
I am curious about the trailer, it's always cool to catch a test screening before a first trailer even drops. I think the feedback from the screening will determine how they market this, what to put in, how much to reveal in the trailer.
Yeah those official synopsis are pretty vague but that's a good thing. I am not sure what else you could say without revealing much more and I have more thoughts on this but it will have to wait until March to discuss
Old 12-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #46
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Always surprised when people break those test screening NDAs. Went to test screenings for two major movies when I was living in LA and they put the fear of God in you at those things.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Always surprised when people break those test screening NDAs. Went to test screenings for two major movies when I was living in LA and they put the fear of God in you at those things.
I don't think I've ever heard of a fan being suited for violating but yeah they are scary enough now that I don't dare violate one. Some are scarier than others too, this one they took pictures of you with your ID, which had only happened once or twice before.

I checked reddit and didn't see any comments from people at the test screening, must be looking in the wrong subs, but I am seeing lots of subs about the movie, poster, etc. where people are speculating, its fun to watch haha
Old 12-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #48

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marcus View Post
This is from the IMDb page:
It's aliens, isn't it?
Old 12-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #49
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Quote:
Jordan Peele’s directorial debut, Get Out, not only delivered a bone-chilling psychological thriller, it dissected the underlying racial oppression running through the veins of America, spearheaded conversations of societal fractures, and earned four Oscar nominations. (It would go on to win Peele the Best Original Screenplay award.) So after Peele’s killer success, what does the filmmaker do next?

“For my second feature, I wanted to create a monster mythology,” Peele tells EW. “I wanted to do something that was more firmly in the horror genre but still held on to my love of movies that are twisted but fun.”

Details are very, very vague about Peele’s upcoming film Us. The story is set in the present day and follows Adelaide and Gabe Wilson (Lupita Nyong’o and Winston Duke) as they take their kids to Adelaide’s old childhood beachside home in Northern California for the summer. After a day at the beach with the Tyler family (which includes Elisabeth Moss and Tim Heidecker), Adelaide — who’s haunted by a lingering trauma from her past — becomes increasingly more paranoid that something bad will happen to her family. As night falls, the Wilsons see four figures holding hands and standing silently at the bottom of their driveway… (Did shivers just go up your spine?)

Peele didn’t have to give a hard sell to recruit Oscar winner Nyong’o for his leading role. “He was on my wish list of people to work with,” Nyong’o tells EW, adding that she was a huge fan of Get Out. “The very fact that I have not done anything like it was appealing, because it promised growth and excitement and new territory.”

To prepare, Peele gave Nyong’o 10 classic horror films to watch so they would have “a shared language” when filming: Dead Again, The Shining, The Babadook, It Follows, A Tale of Two Sisters, The Birds, Funny Games, Martyrs, Let the Right One In, and The Sixth Sense.

Then the filmmaker had some fun bringing Nyong’o together with her Black Panther costar and former Yale University classmate Duke to play his all-American couple. “I could see signs of them flirting online — they’re both flirts in general — you could see the couple in them who would want to be together, so the chemistry is just on,” the filmmaker says.

Duke, best known as the brawny, imposing M’Baku in Black Panther, laughs when he hears Peele’s description of his relationship with Nyong’o, but does agree that their shared history allowed them a natural closeness and shorthand when portraying the Wilsons. “It was important for me to not come off as a warrior in this film,” Duke says, and he describes Gabe as a Homer Simpson-esque patriarch — a lovable dad, but flawed. “He’s very sporadic and impulsive, he’s the husband and the alpha, and I think that leads to some of the conflict that is in the marriage when we meet the Wilsons.”

Nyong’o and Duke are accompanied by Shahadi Wright Joseph and Evan Alex, who play Adelaide and Gabe’s children; Peele describes the young actors as having a “relative fearlessness when it comes to horror and dark, creepy stuff.” Peele and his cast are tight-lipped about the horrors that befall the Wilsons, but Peele does reveal one key detail: The monsters in his movie are called the Tethered.

All we know is that the Wilsons most certainly suffer a holiday from hell. Nyong’o says “it turns into this relentless nightmare that taps into [Adelaide’s] deepest fears and ours as well — the idea that we might be our own worst enemies.” Catch us biting our fingernails as we eagerly wait for March.
From Entertainment Weekly. LOVE the vagueness of this project.
Thanks given by:
aiman04 (12-26-2018), Darth Marcus (12-20-2018), mpstjohn (12-20-2018), mwynn (12-20-2018), The Debts (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #50
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Thanks given by:
Heinz-Klett (12-20-2018), mwynn (12-20-2018), The Debts (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2017

I can't really buy in until I see a trailer or some footage as that article doesn't peak any interest from me. I wasn't a fan of Get Out but curious and cautious of that Peele is up to next.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #52

Mar 2016

Trailer drops on Christmas Day.

Thanks given by:
mreagan88 (12-26-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2013
ME

Peele embracing the weirdness? As if I wasn't sold enough already.
Thanks given by:
aiman04 (12-26-2018), SleazyForWeasley (12-28-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #54
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quite excited, from the sounds of it, he isn't going the awards route so hopefully people expecting a Get Out-esque follow up won't be thrown off.
Thanks given by:
The Debts (12-20-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #55

Jul 2012

They played the trailer before the showing of The Mule I saw tonight. Was really surprised, I didn't know it had come out yet, but then I looked online and saw that it hasn't, that's weird. Either way it looks really interesting, bizarre, and pretty crazy. I was intrigued before, but now I'm really looking forward to it
Old 12-22-2018, 06:49 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director730 View Post
They played the trailer before the showing of The Mule I saw tonight. Was really surprised, I didn't know it had come out yet, but then I looked online and saw that it hasn't, that's weird. Either way it looks really interesting, bizarre, and pretty crazy. I was intrigued before, but now I'm really looking forward to it
Yeah I've heard of others having it with The Mule too. It's just one of those theater exclusives. Universal seems to love doing that lately. They did it with Happy Death Day 2. Earlier in the year they did it with Unfriended: Dark Web.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #57
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director730 View Post
Lucky!
Old 12-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Old 12-25-2018, 02:03 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Thanks given by:
aiman04 (12-26-2018), DanTheMan (12-25-2018), Foggy (12-25-2018), Gacivory (12-25-2018), gigan72 (12-25-2018), GoneJoel (12-26-2018), gonzo_fool (12-25-2018), jayman3 (12-25-2018), jmb1381 (12-25-2018), mreagan88 (12-26-2018), mwynn (12-25-2018), sandman slim (12-25-2018), solarrdadd (12-26-2018), The Debts (12-25-2018), Worship.my.wreck (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #60
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Looks great, definitely a lot more ambitious than Get Out, and I get a bit of the Candyman vibes that Peele obviously got his finger on the pulse for, doing the reboot for that and everything.

If there's anything that may be going against it, the marketing for Get Out seemed to be pushing certain buttons and getting people talking the whole year round. Where as this is a bit more abstract, perhaps a bit off-putting to general audience.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies